It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni history of a non human civilization?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni means the underground and this place is truly fascinating. Lets start by taking a look at it the date of construction is between 3000 and 2500 bc making it around the same age as stonehenge. It is located in malta and was discovered in 1902 by accident when they built a housing development and cut into the caverns by mistake.This underground world was carved out of solid rock.It is now recognized as a world heritage sight.

whc.unesco.org...

This 'labyrinth', as it is often called, consists of a series of elliptical chambers and alveoli of varying importance, to which access is gained by different corridors. The megalithic walls are constructed of cyclopean masonry - large irregular blocks of chalky coralline stone without mortar - which was summarily dressed with rudimentary tools of flint and obsidian. The principal rooms distinguish themselves by their domed vaulting and by the elaborate structure of false bays inspired by the doorways and windows of contemporary terrestrial constructions. The hypogeum, which was originally conceived as a sanctuary, perhaps an oracle, from the prehistoric period was transformed into an ossuary, as borne out by the remains of more than 7,000 individuals discovered during the course of the excavation.

Now its believed this started out as a temple to a goddess this statue was found its called the sleeping lady.

There is also rumors of what is known as the serpent priests it is often speculated that when paul was ship wrecked in malta and in the bible mentions being bitten by a snake he couldnt have been talking about a real snake since they appear to have never existed there. Could he have had a battle with serpent priests? It is well known that, in antiquity, the serpent was associated to the goddess and to healing capacities. The snake also belongs to the subterranean world. Therefore, a hypogeum dedicated to the goddess and the water cult was the right place for a sacerdotal group that was defined, in all the most ancient cultures, as the "serpent priests".

This was also used as a burial site from the beginning what is interesting is the bones that were found. They found elongated skulls what makes them interesting is it appears to be normal meaning not done with binding like we see in areas of peru. These skulls are called Dolichocephalous Skulls seen here:

Another race
Even the other skulls we examined presented strange anomalies. Some were more natural and harmonic than the cranium that mostly gained our attention, but they still presented a pronounced natural dolichocephalous and we could assume, without fear of refutation, that it is distinctive of an actual race, different to the native populations of Malta and Gozo. This consideration was confirmed by the Maltese archeologists themselves, Anthony Buonanno and Mark Anthony Mifsud, who said:

"They are another race although C-14 or DNA exams haven't yet been performed. Perhaps these individuals originated from Sicily".

By Vittorio Di Cesare and Adriano Forgione HERA magazine

Now lets get into the stranger side of this site. this story comes from a visitor to the sight that said there is even deeper caves beyond the ones we have currently explored. So to give you an idea of the lay ot heres a map before we begin.

Now the story starts about an underground race seen in the caverns underneath ill let her tell you the story of her visit and the missing school children.

journal.borderlands.com...

I have some more to place up later i just found out about this and putting together more for you.
edit on 1/19/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/19/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The title has me intrigued, and seeing that you have been around for a while gives me hope that this might be interesting indeed and not some absurd nonsense.

Looking forward to the OP.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

dragonridr

"Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni archaeologists have almost totally ignored this history of a non human civilizations"

And I can see why, there's no information.

Actually, that's not true, there are a number of google entries and one on ATS at ATS LINK

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The anticipation is great. I have a feeling this is going to be good.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This was news to me. Read the other thread link.
All very interesting and yet another clear example of the truth being
hidden and kept from us all.
The more and more I read and discover, them more I am convinced that
intervention has taken place on this planet and we are a kind of tweeked
hybrid which enable ancient man to transform miraculously over a few
hundred thousand years to a more intelligent modern man.
This makes me also believe that our brains are far more capable then we
realise. The question is where and what is the key to unlock it!

Will follow this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is really cool. I wonder what other things are kept from us.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
This was news to me. Read the other thread link.
All very interesting and yet another clear example of the truth being
hidden and kept from us all.
The more and more I read and discover, them more I am convinced that
intervention has taken place on this planet and we are a kind of tweeked
hybrid which enable ancient man to transform miraculously over a few
hundred thousand years to a more intelligent modern man.
This makes me also believe that our brains are far more capable then we
realise. The question is where and what is the key to unlock it!

Will follow this thread.

What interests me the most is the serpent priest they were thought to be oracles and when you look at their skulls it makes sense why they were called serpent priests. Since looking at them from the front i can see how people might think they look like a snake.And this maybe the location of the labyrinth mentioned in greek lore. The thing i found interesting is mini elephant skeletons were also found on site i can see how greeks seeing these may have invented the minotaur.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Some of the parts of the construction look an awful lot like stone henge.

I'm thoroughly intrigued.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Everything i read on the place states it was a burial chamber.

There were 7000 bodies found in it when the stumbled into the place.

I wonder if they were really burred there or if they were a sacrifice to the serpent priests.

Cool none the less.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

I wonder if they were really burred there or if they were a sacrifice to the serpent priests.

Cool none the less.

Well it starts out as a temple much like stonehenge even there burials were found. I also found another article on the giants that lives beneath it or so she claimed. And also discusses sacrifices like you mentioned.

When a group of ancient priests who worshipped the "god" Moloch (another name for Baal, Osiris, or Nimrod - considered by the ancients to be the "sun god") visited the island in Old Testament times, the islanders readily accepted their teachings, including that of offering up human sacrifices to appease their "god" Moloch, for the ancient Maltese themselves practiced human blood sacrifice to the "gods" of the underworld which were believed to exist beneath the island and elsewhere, so-called deities which were often identified with "serpents".

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

Cool none the less.

Well it starts out as a temple much like stonehenge even there burials were found. I also found another article on the giants that lives beneath it or so she claimed. And also discusses sacrifices like you mentioned.

When a group of ancient priests who worshipped the "god" Moloch (another name for Baal, Osiris, or Nimrod - considered by the ancients to be the "sun god") visited the island in Old Testament times, the islanders readily accepted their teachings, including that of offering up human sacrifices to appease their "god" Moloch, for the ancient Maltese themselves practiced human blood sacrifice to the "gods" of the underworld which were believed to exist beneath the island and elsewhere, so-called deities which were often identified with "serpents".

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If that story is true, it could be something sinister still lurks beneath.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's odd these same type of skulls are found in Peru, Egypt and many other places where you have these unexplained stone structures showing often the same tech and know how.

And also again where you often see only 2 skull plates and not 3 which is normal (+ bigger eye sockets and some other anomalies) but how can they be so far apart but you see the same skulls and buildings (tech wise). And the skulls mostly also show some surgery on them (holes which healed mostly).
Its bizar. Even when they made the skulls larger themself, it's still amazing they could make their skulls so big, like the buildings.
I guess you need big heads for making such large stone works

I guess we will never know exactly how but it does keeps you wondering at least.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Speculation alert

Makes me wonder if they could have been "martians"

Came here and artificially advanced us. Then we turned on them.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

If that story is true, it could be something sinister still lurks beneath.

Im not superstitious but i still think i wouldnt want to go by myself at night. Or for that matter just me and the guide since the experience that woman had.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This looks like the start of a really fun dungeon in an RPG - you're making me want to play Oblivion or Star Ocean or something, with a bit of Myst.
edit on 19pmSun, 19 Jan 2014 18:36:38 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Plugin
It's odd these same type of skulls are found in Peru, Egypt and many other places where you have these unexplained stone structures showing often the same tech and know how.

And also again where you often see only 2 skull plates and not 3 which is normal (+ bigger eye sockets and some other anomalies) but how can they be so far apart but you see the same skulls and buildings (tech wise). And the skulls mostly also show some surgery on them (holes which healed mostly).
Its bizar. Even when they made the skulls larger themself, it's still amazing they could make their skulls so big, like the buildings.
I guess you need big heads for making such large stone works

I guess we will never know exactly how but it does keeps you wondering at least.

These skulls though elongated are not the cone type of peru. Theres also no evidence of binding this appears to be there normal state meaning they were deformed humans or not humans at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
could these odd skulls be evidence of cro/neanderthal hybrids?

i wonder what percentage neanderthal is there?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Dolichocaphalic skulls are one of three types classified by anthropology, back when skull shape was thought to mean more than we today know it does.

This sort of skull is typical of Caucasian (including, but not limited to, Nordic peoples and ancient British peoples) and Negroid types but not the Mongoloid type.
From wiki:

Observable craniofacial differences included: head shape (mesocephalic, brachycephalic, dolichocephalic) breadth of nasal aperture, nasal root height, sagittal crest appearance, jaw thickness, brow ridge size and forehead slope. Using this skull-based categorization, anthropologists[who?] identified three or four racial groups;
Caucasoid characterized by a tall dolichocephalic skull, receded zygomas, large brow ridge and projecting-narrow nasal apertures.
Negroid characterized by a short dolichocephalic skull, receded zygomas and wide nasal apertures.
Mongoloid characterized by a medium brachycephalic skull, projecting zygomas, small brow ridge and small nasal apertures.

As unusual as the underground site may be, the skulls are not unusual in the least.

Harte

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok nevermind I was wrong but as in the OP, they did found many enlonged skulls but nobody knows where they went.

www.ancient-origins.net...

One particularly interesting fact about the Hypogeum is that when it was discovered, 7,000 skeletons were found piled within the chambers. What’s more is that they had a unique characteristic – elongated skulls – and one of the skulls (out of only a handful that survived) lacked the Fossa median (the join that runs along the top of the skull). It is known that some of the skulls were on display in the Archaeological Museum in Valletta. However, after 1985 all the skulls that had been found in the Hypogeum, along with other elongated skulls found across multiple ancient sites in Malta, disappeared without a trace, and have never been recovered. What remains to testify their existence and their abnormality are the photos of Dr Anton Mifsud, and his colleague Dr Charles Savona Ventura, and their books detailing the abnormalities of the skulls, including: elongation, abnormally developed temporal partitions, and drilled and swollen occiputs. Supporting the finding is an extract written in the National Geographic magazine in the 1920s describing the first inhabitants of Malta as a race with elongated skulls:

From an examination of the skeletons of the polished-stone age, it appears that the early inhabitants of Malta were a race of long-skulled people of lower medium height, akin to the early people of Egypt, who spread westward along the north coast of Africa, whence some went to Malta and Sicily and others to Sardinia and Spain.NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE January to June, 1920 VOLUME XXXVII - See more at: www.ancient-origins.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join