It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecting the dots. Obamacare vulnerability, Target creditcard hack scandals, related?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
First this story.

David Kennedy, the hacking expert that shook the country this week with his congressional testimony about the security failures of HealthCare.gov, explained Sunday how he was able to penetrate the site.

“There’s a technique called, what we call ‘passive reconnaissance,’” Kennedy explained to “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace, “which allows us to query and look at how the website operates and performs.”

“And these type of attacks that I’m mentioning here, and the 70,000 [personal records Kennedy found] that you’re referencing, is very easy to do,” Kennedy continued. “It’s a rudimentary type attack that doesn’t actually attack the website itself. It extracts information from it without actually having to go into the system.”

dailycaller.com...

And then we had this story.

Target confirmed Thursday that previous reports about the unauthorized access of customers' credit card data were true.

In a press release posted on the Target website, the Minneapolis-based retailer admitted that approximately 40 million credit and debit card accounts may have been impacted by the breach.

Affected customers made purchases in U.S. stores from Nov. 27 to Dec. 15, 2013.

Target is currently working with law enforcement and financial institutions to resolve the issue.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So we have a new government website begging for people to sign up.
It is vulnerable to hack attacks and has personal information of millions of Americans on it.

Then, out of the blue, around the same time. . . . Target (department store) admits that it has been hacked.

Is Target covering up for Obamacare vulnerability?

Was Target coerced to cover up for another Obamacare failure?

Or was it something else?

Target Homophobia? CEO Gregg Steinhafel Defends $150K Donation To Anti-Gay Politician, LGBT Community Angered

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Did the NSA hack Target to cover up for the failed Obamacare website?

CEO Gregg Steinfel is no friend of the administration. He'd be a likely "target"

Of course this could be nothing, that is why I put it I the Gray Area Forum, but I was curious as to the timing of both events, Obamacare and Target issues.

Is my tinfoil hat on too tight? Maybe.

I'll let you all make that determination.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Or it's just as likely that two random events took place and you are trying to some how make them related. Similar yet unrelated events have occurred since the dawn of time and will continue until the end of time. Occam and reality would dictate that more often , significantly more often , then not it is just chance timing.

Right now..another site is being exploited..another company is having their network explored. Some new script kiddie is learning what Nessus is ..while some more other person is about to launch an injection attack on another site.

Since the first network or phone was delivered criminals , make no mistake about it everyone that breached Target is a criminal, have been trying to break into those systems.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3112ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Perhaps you're right.

But since this is a conspiracy site, and since this is speculative at best, (and is in the Gray Area) I feel it has merit.

This administration has used media, the IRS to distract and punish opponents.

There is precedent for this.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, Beezer, I was one of the first to have my debit card hacked - and it happened more than a month before major hacking hit the news.

Our town, and all of the surrounding towns were hit HARD. Spokane, Washington was hit really at that time, too. Everybody was having a really difficult time figuring out why it wasn't hitting the news.

Many, many people that were hacked had not even visited the obuba web site - me included. That's one of the things many of us first considered.

When it was finally announced in December that it was going on, I couldn't help but draw the conclusion that some very large main data base had been hacked.

I wonder who would collect such a broad data base of the American people? And I wonder if said site is any more secure than, say, the ACA site....Hmm...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Perhaps the NSA has been "hacking" folks to build a defense.

I can imagine a new government bill sometime down the road that would include government over-site for credit card and personal information safety.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's where my train of thought is going.

Hope you have room for lots of people down your rabbit hole!

It kind of looks like government oversight of the internet might be an option the potus might consider?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by beezzer

That's where my train of thought is going.

Hope you have room for lots of people down your rabbit hole!

It kind of looks like government oversight of the internet might be an option the potus might consider?

Only for our safety and security!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Man, I swear!

You act as though our government is your sworn enemy and has nothing better to do than to sit around thinking up ways to target and spy on you. Is what you're doing really that interesting?

Personally, I think they have their hands full just responding to all the B.S. accusations like; "the government used the IRS to target their opposition" or "the government's covering up Benghazi," etc...

The truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as unbreakable codes and/or encryptions. Just the other day, I read (here on ATS) where someone had broken what was considered to be, the world's toughest encryption code, just by listening to the computer's CPU while it worked with the code.

Your information is really not "safe," at least not in the "fool-proof" sense, anywhere in the digital realm and you may as well get used to it. We may be able to pass laws against it and prosecute those who violate the law, but you'll never be able to guarantee total privacy of online information.

Not only is your tin-foil hat on way too tight, I think you may have gotten your panties in a wad as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

LMAO!

I take it then you don't agree with my conspiracy theory?

lololololololol

new topics

top topics

join