It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

had to give you a star for that. that is at least as good of an explanation for the mothman myth as any i have heard before! it might also explain things like kim kardashian, and "furries" ! Well Done !
also, I'm pretty sure the ship that mothman escaped from looks somehing like this:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Bleeeeep
reply to post by Guyfriday

How do you confirm a ghost-like event?

Have you listed, in great detail, the entire event? I would enjoy reading it if you don't mind -- I'm especially interested in what the measuring practice was for confirming the event.
Multiple people report seeing the same situation from different angles. The situation occurs without any explainable reason.

Basically we saw a transparent person walk through a wall. Everyone on the outside of the wall spotted the ghostlike person walk through the wall. Nobody was allowed to talk about this event until after all the reports were turned in. I'm sure a few knuckle-heads chatted about what they saw before the reports were turned in, but if that happened it wasn't from anyone on my team.

Afterwards we had to sit through and give a de-briefing on what we saw (the where, when, what, and such was asked at that time). We had to explain in detail what we wrote in our reports, and in a few cases, go out to where the event happened and walk through the situation as we saw it. (without actually walking through the wall of course)

****SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC****

Back on topic: When reporting you only give exact details of what was seen and heard. Any evidence obtained during the event was to be turned over to the OIC/NCOIC.

Back to Cateam189;
What details can you give on the event that makes you believe it was something unknown? (outside of what was already presented, but if you don't feel comfortable talking about it that fine too)
edit on 21-1-2014 by Guyfriday because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

That is a very interesting story, thank you.

Do you think there is a special office, or branch, that receives, classifies, and stores the documented reports of ghost / mothmen / and other paranormal or cryptozooilogical creatures?

I bet it would be one of the coolest jobs in the world, if so.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

That is a very interesting story, thank you.

Do you think there is a special office, or branch, that receives, classifies, and stores the documented reports of ghost / mothmen / and other paranormal or cryptozooilogical creatures?

I bet it would be one of the coolest jobs in the world, if so.
From my understanding, nope. It just gets logged in for future reference in case somebody else reports the same information.

I knew of an Intel guy (0211) that liked to collect these stories, but that was his hobby, and not anything official. I personally headed up a Ghost-Hunting team while in the Marines, but again that wasn't anything official it was just something to do in my off time.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by combatmaster

Where the heck did you get that info from? Is it reliable?

Got the clarification and pictures from a repented fallen seraph who contacted me after i posted my vision of Revelation of 16:10 which was in fact Tartarus, the prison for fallen angels and the rephaim.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Was your ghostly encounter documented? I.e. official report etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rapha

reply to post by combatmaster

Where the heck did you get that info from? Is it reliable?

Got the clarification and pictures from a repented fallen seraph who contacted me after i posted my vision of Revelation of 16:10 which was in fact Tartarus, the prison for fallen angels and the rephaim.
You have a real picture, or just that one you've shown?

Frankinpillow

Was your ghostly encounter documented? I.e. official report etc.
Yes everyone involved had to make a report on what happened.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Have you thought of trying to obtain the official report through FOIA request etc?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The one shown is a painting.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Frankinpillow

Have you thought of trying to obtain the official report through FOIA request etc?
Not really since it wasn't that big of a deal (given how I spent a lot of time researching, and investigating the Shadow People phenomenon). If somebody really wanted to see an official "Ghost" report then the US Air Force might be the best place to start that type of research project.

Rapha

The one shown is a painting.
Oh, thank you for clarifying that.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Back to Cateam189;
What details can you give on the event that makes you believe it was something unknown? (outside of what was already presented, but if you don't feel comfortable talking about it that fine too)

There isn't much more to give really, something unknown, I can assure you it wasn't a bat, it wasn't a banana spider, we use to feed those lizards. And I wouldn't have been frozen solid by a bat. All I can give you is a personal account, take it or leave. didn't exactly have the latest iphone to take a photo of it with me.
I don't know about your comment earlier either about everything is reported, I wasn't apart of security forces, I was camp guard at Schwab. I volunteered because we worked 24 on, 48 off. Pretty damn sweet, and gave me a lot time to go snorkeling/diving. We guarded the ramp, a couple of armories and the front gate. you must be a crusty old marine because I have never even heard of "EGA"?, and if I had stayed in I would be retired this year.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cateam189

Thank you for clarifying that. Personal accounts are important during an investigation, but evidence is more important. In this case your personal account has to be taken at face value. Interesting none the less.

Yeah the Fleet was different in the ways they did things.

***GENERAL STATEMENT***

EGA = Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. It's the Symbol that the USMC uses, and there was a directive that went out back in the 90's that it was no longer to be called "EGA". Some political minded Officer must have got a bug stuck somewhere, but the directive went out anyways.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

ok I was thinking as a piece of gear, not in that frame of mind, I have an "EGA" on my right shoulder.

Let me ask you this, if the personal account was say 200 years old, or 300, 500, or 3500 years old would it hold more water then a personal account 20 years ago? how many stories do we believe because of the age of the story?

I do understand what you're saying, that personal accounts are not as good as a picture or video, but there was no cell phone or video cameras in the pocket 20 years ago. No evidence other then a personal account sorry wish I had more. Many people have been convicted based off personal accounts, some rightfully convicted others wrongly convicted so you would have to believe what you will.

anyway, Semper Fi Guyfriday, maybe someday we will have some solid definitive proof. I for one don't need it, I know what I saw, and honestly hope I never see it again.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Cateam189

ok I was thinking as a piece of gear, not in that frame of mind, I have an "EGA" on my right shoulder.

Let me ask you this, if the personal account was say 200 years old, or 300, 500, or 3500 years old would it hold more water then a personal account 20 years ago? how many stories do we believe because of the age of the story?

I do understand what you're saying, that personal accounts are not as good as a picture or video, but there was no cell phone or video cameras in the pocket 20 years ago. No evidence other then a personal account sorry wish I had more. Many people have been convicted based off personal accounts, some rightfully convicted others wrongly convicted so you would have to believe what you will.

anyway, Semper Fi Guyfriday, maybe someday we will have some solid definitive proof. I for one don't need it, I know what I saw, and honestly hope I never see it again.
The bases of the personal account is important in giving context to what was happening. The age of the story should be taken into account since a retelling of a story by those who weren't there will likely change the context of what happened. If on the other hand (like in your case) the story is given from a first hand account, then yes that account should be used as a source of data.

I agree that personal accounts shouldn't be the only source of an event, but in the absents of tangible evidence a personal account still provides a starting point for an investigation.

Something to ponder:
"Is anyone here from Okinawa, and can they look into any cases of this style of event happening in the past?"

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

you know I never thought about looking up other sightings in Oki, maybe ill do some research on that. good idea thanks.

<< 1   >>

join