It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mothman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
These encounters are the subject of great debate and seem to occur before and after major disasters.

What is this creature? Is it an Earth spirit but not from the same cloth as us or interdimensional, since it seems to have insight of things to come and have unnatural speed. Also it may well feed of negative energy in order to survive, and this maybe the reason why this illusive creature only appears when disasters occur. It also appears to rip through the fabric of time and space as we know it. They also appear to have telepathic abilities.

Does this creature appear at its own will or responsible to some greater force is something that has to be taken into consideration.

It has been sighted in the US, Europe and the UK for decades and there suggestion that sightings of this creature go back hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

Maybe you know this book but this may be the most authoritative book on it by John Keel.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Are you going for some kind of record, 5 threads i one day....

Any way I think the MothMan is interesting, some horrid creature (or spirit) that appears shorty before disasters

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
whofortedblog.com...

No one really knows, but it sure does make for some fascinating reading!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

As mothmen have red eyes, there is a strong chance that its a fallen angel of the Power classification.

All power class (level 3 out of 9) angels have red eyes.

The only difference between a good Power angel and a bad one is the hair is redder and the wings have lost the bronze glare.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

And what power would mothman be?

Maybe mothman is the spirit of metallic / molecular bonds?

Maybe he was there at that bridge because it was not molecularly stable?

Do you think it was his will that created the disasters or was he enacting the role of harbinger or messenger?

Maybe he is the spirit of harbinger?

Just asking for guesses -- nothing empirical.
edit on 1/19/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mothman is simply the West Virginian version of Bat Man. He was invented to scare away the Infernal Revenue boys.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the crypto forum?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well from no less a reputable source than Mountain Monsters, it was demonstrated they could captured one. I never knew the Mothman could not teleport from inside an electrically charged cage. Matter of fact, I never knew the Mothman could teleport.

Regardless, they built a trap and almost had him. Alas, he slipped away at the last minute.

//sarc off//

I have no clue what it is. I believe there is more to this world than we know today. MM may be part of the unknowns.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Logarock
Mothman is simply the West Virginian version of Bat Man. He was invented to scare away the Infernal Revenue boys.

That's funny...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have been a long time watcher for many years, but tonight I decided to finally create account to just tell the personal encounter I had with what I would consider to be the "Mothman"

1993 I was stationed in Okinawa while with C company 3rd AABN, USMC. I was on guard duty at camp Schwab on what we called the ramp, its where all the amtracks and lavs were stored in nice little rows. I was the only one there, at about 0130 hrs I was chilling out on a bench I dragged over in front of the maintenance bay door. The building was large, and had bay doors facing the tracks. I was sitting on the bench to the far left of the front of the building as you were looking at it. To my right around the corner I heard a loud noise, a bang as if something had fallen, and animal noises. I stood up and walked around the corner only to see a cat, dark colored, running so fast I don't think it was touching the ground. Its hair was standing straight up on its back and it was making a horrid noise, as if it was choking. As the cat ran by, it felt like time itself stopped. In what seemed like slow motion, I looked up to the right, cat was running to my left. In front of me, about 20 feet was a black figure. So black that it wasn't even black, it was something else but black is all I have to describe it. Imagine a smoke cloud, blacker then black in the general form of a person, with an outline shape of a head, and arms but a solid body. I don't think there were "legs" I don't remember that and I remember every breath I took that night like it just happened a minute ago.

I stood frozen staring at it, I could feel the breath being pulled from the bottom of my lungs out my mouth, like I was sucked into a vacuum. There was two very bright reddish eyes but not a normal red. The color was off, not like any red I have ever seen just like I can not describe the blackness properly of the body. I was totally and completely paralyzed, and could not move for what seemed an extremely long time. I was frozen staring at it, locked in place, it staring back at me. And then, it was gone and I had fallen to my knees, and was trying to breath. I dropped my riffle, ripped by LBV and flak jacket off and threw my helmet off. I remember rolling around on the ground in extreme pain, over my entire body. As fast as the pain came, it was gone. It took me 2 hours to finally catch my breath.

After that I did everything I could to never get that post again, and I didn't tell anyone what happened. Figured they wouldn't believe me anyway. so there you go, my own experience. Thanks for reading.

to me that night whatever it was in front of me was pure evil. There was nothing good about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It seemed that everyone connected to the bridge collapse sightings suffered many misfortunes I recall.I believe these things to be of a supernatural order and most certainly not of a benevolent nature.A previous poster mentioned the show"Mountain Monsters"which is worth a look at concerning several creatures in the Appalachian region states.In the Moth man episode one of the hunting team members faints and falls flat on his face after making eye contact with the creature's blazing red eyes.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Bleeeeep

And what power would mothman be?

Mothmen are of the 'Power' domain. Its like a level, group or class.

There are 10 classes of angels.
Source: internet - general knowledge
Level 1 to Level 10
Messenger, Prince, Power, Upright, Dominion, Ophanam, Cherubim, Seraphim
The Watchers can range from both weakest messenger angels to the strongest seraphs.

Source - no one will believe me anyway. Lol. i am sure the names are out there somewhere.
Malakim, Malakim Nasi, Sarim, Chayilim, Yasharim, Shiltownim, Owphanim, Cherubim, Seraphim
The old name for the Watchers was the Iyrim.

Maybe he was there at that bridge because it was not molecularly stable?

Mothmen are evil, plain and simple. They just want to cause destruction to stop Judgement Day from ever occurring.
They will kill anyone that gets in their way.

What they havn't realized yet, is that when all Christians have been killed off, thats when they will be dragged back to their prison Tartarus, screaming for the rest of eternity.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My mother has a theory that Moth Man is really a 'pet' that escaped from an alien ship.
Either a real pet of theirs .... or .... one of their specimens from another planet and it
escaped when the space ship landed here to check us out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cateam189

did you make a official report regarding this incident?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

The way I think of dominions, principalities, and powers is that they control a force, like air, or magnetism.

Like their will / spirit is to govern the manifestation of the qualities of matter / physical reality.

E.g. Ra could have been the spirit of the Sun, thereby making him likely then be a dominion. Quetzalcoatl / Kukulkan, I think, governed wind, thus his spirit would be a power. Gaia would be Earth, so a dominion. etc. etc.

But mothman/mothmen, I don't know what they would govern, or what their will / spirit / role would be, but it has to be something.
edit on 1/20/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2014 by Bleeeeep because: wind not air

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Rapha

As mothmen have red eyes, there is a strong chance that its a fallen angel of the Power classification.

All power class (level 3 out of 9) angels have red eyes.

The only difference between a good Power angel and a bad one is the hair is redder and the wings have lost the bronze glare.

Where the heck did you get that info from? Is it reliable?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

no report, I didn't think anyone would believe me anyway and at the time was actually to scared to even tell anyone. I also had no idea what the "mothman" was at that time, I didn't connect the dots for probably at least 15 years after the incident.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Cateam189

no report, I didn't think anyone would believe me anyway and at the time was actually to scared to even tell anyone. I also had no idea what the "mothman" was at that time, I didn't connect the dots for probably at least 15 years after the incident.
Wrong. I to wore the EGA (before they stopped calling it that) anyways, anything spotted on guard duty, no matter how weird or mundane, was to be reported.

While in Security Forces School I reported a ghost. Guess what? so did others, and a stake out was conducted. Sure enough, it was confirmed to be a ghost like event. Strange events happen from time to time, and they should be reported when they do.

From what you said though it could be one of those bats they have on the island (like the banana spiders the bats can get big to) I think they were fruit bats. I shot a cleaning rod at one during a field exercise in the northern training area. Didn't hit it, but it was a big bat.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

How do you confirm a ghost-like event?

Have you listed, in great detail, the entire event? I would enjoy reading it if you don't mind -- I'm especially interested in what the measuring practice was for confirming the event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join