It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

israel declares cold war on France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
After their french-bashing offensive and trying to stir unrest inside the french jewish community, israel is unilaterally escalating the conflict with military means.

WASHINGTON -- New allegations that Israeli arms dealers helped the army of Ivory Coast attack a French military base look likely to reignite long-tense relations between Israel and France.

"Israeli mercenaries assisting the Ivory Coast army operated unmanned aircraft that aided the aerial bombing of a French base in the country on Nov.9," France's TF-1 television station reported Wednesday.

Also Wednesday, the respected Paris newspaper Le Monde reported that a group of 46 Israeli advisers were running an electronic-surveillance center for the Ivory Coast army, which has turned on French peacekeepers invited in by the government two years ago.

The tensions are particularly ironic as no nation did more to help Israel during the first and most dangerous 20 years of its struggle for existence than France. Under both the Fourth and Fifth Republics, Israel received more important weapons for its army and air force from France than from any other country. Israel won the 1967 Six Day War with then state-of-the-art Mirage fighter- bombers supplied by France when neither the United States nor any other European nation would or could supply comparable weapons.

www.wpherald.com...

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Let me guess, Moku...you think that the French government is the self-appointed one to give Israel that "bloddy-nose" or is that simply your own "wishful-thinking" interpretation?

Besides, you think this because what? Because "Israel" has arms-dealers helping the Ivory Coast military? Because the Le Mundo claims their are a number of Israeli advisors? Do these "Israeli" arms-dealers fall under the control of the Israeli government or are they a separate entity from the Israeli government? Let me give an example: since there are now "Frenchmen" working, aiding, and fighting with the so labeled insurgents in Iraq, would it be safe to conclude that the French are looking for a "bloody-nose" from the US? Are these "Frenchmen" there because the French government is sanctioning them? Again, Moku, in all this self-deemed hyping of Israeli "French-bashing" and the self-deemed Israeli stirring of "unrest within the French Jewish community, you then proclaim that it is indeed Israel (indicating that the govenment is sanctioning this) is "esculating conflict with military means....are you so sure that it IS the Israeli government that is doing this or is it independent entities within Israel doing this? Its obvious which you prefer it to be....

seekerof

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I could care less for either countries. Hopefully they just bomb each other out of existence. Tensions seem to be pretty high in this day and age and someone has to start it.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Let's see, if the U.S. ever needed help. I know the idea is ludacris. But let's just say for example. The U.S. needs help, whose help do I want, Israel or France. This is a no-brainer, Israel all the way.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
why would it be isreal over france?
i mean come on , both have good armies and forces.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Israel or France as a friend?

(.....and I really can't believe Israel thinks this kind of 'cold war' is in any way in her interests.

I know they have a thing about the EU demanding clear labelling of goods (so all products, including Palestinian, can't just be labelled 'Israeli') because they think Europeans might use this to boycott Israeli goods.....hmmm, wonder why that might be a worry to them? No doubt we're back to anti-Israel's gov policies = anti-semetic.

Their 'hard-line' pushing this stupidity must be even crazier than I thought.)

Hmmm, well Israel appears to feel ok about attacking the US under 'false flag' to engineer US support (USS Liberty) and buys a lot of US military hardware with the billions upon billions of $'s it keeps borrowing from the US (do US citizens ever OK this?).

Israel compared has little industry or population to actually be any actual kind of support to the USA.....and is hardly much of a help diplomatically around the world.
Israel feels entitled to sell sensitive equipment and tech when she needs a $ (Lavi tech sold to China).

Whereas France is a far more stable and consistant country with a civil, economic, diplomatic and military 'base' with far more influence around the world.....and cruitially of huge importance within the EU which, more than anything, would be of the greatest importance to the USA (no matter what the infantile name-callers say).

No question. Whatever the geo-politics of the ME or the nutty biblical loons might wishfully 'think' (blindly believe?) the answer is France every time.

Better a friend who'll tell you frankly and honestly what they really think - even when it means disagreeing sometimes - than a machiavellian calculator, only truely interested in themselves, who'll smile to your face and stab you in the back when they feel the need.

French troops are currently in Afghanistan helping the US in this 'war on terror'.
France might not agree with the Iraq war but they are risking theirs over this too.

As opposed to..... Israel?
The country who fed a lot of the lies about WMD's to those who wished to hear such things in the US and has the US basically acting in her interests in the ME.....

.....not forgetting the US lives she took when she felt the need in the Liberty incident.

I'm no reflex 'state of Israel' hater but I'd use a very very long spoon when supping with certain parts of their government.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Let's see, if the U.S. ever needed help. I know the idea is ludacris. But let's just say for example. The U.S. needs help, whose help do I want, Israel or France. This is a no-brainer, Israel all the way.

I don't think the Israeli military is fighting in either Afghanistan or Iraq, even though peace in those countries would be more important to Israel than to any other country. What makes you think they would help in any other war?

I hope the people who are saying the Israeli involvement in these recent incidents in the Ivory Coast are not indicative of Israeli government support also stood up for Iran when it was found out that a drone made in Iran was found being over Israel.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Let me guess, Moku...you think that the French government is the self-appointed one to give Israel that "bloddy-nose" or is that simply your own "wishful-thinking" interpretation?

Besides, you think this because what? Because "Israel" has arms-dealers helping the Ivory Coast military? Because the Le Mundo claims their are a number of Israeli advisors? Do these "Israeli" arms-dealers fall under the control of the Israeli government or are they a separate entity from the Israeli government?

Such things don't happen by chance. Israeli mercenaries, arms dealers and 'military advisors' all have close ties to governement, everywhere. These are classical cold-war type operations.

Let me give an example: since there are now "Frenchmen" working, aiding, and fighting with the so labeled insurgents in Iraq, would it be safe to conclude that the French are looking for a "bloody-nose" from the US? Are these "Frenchmen" there because the French government is sanctioning them?

There are french among the jihadists for the same reasons there are americans among them, i don't think anti-US terror is official US policy, or is it ?

Again, Moku, in all this self-deemed hyping of Israeli "French-bashing"

There are numerous accounts of that. You neednt look far to find it.

and the self-deemed Israeli stirring of "unrest within the French Jewish community,

Yes Sharon has indeed called all french jews to immigrate immediately. As far as i can tell this is a grave attentate to France's sovereignty. In the light of openly antisemitic organizations having millions of members like Aryan Nation, KKK, etc... in the US, why doesnt he call american jews to immigrate immediately ?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Israel is the second largest arms dealer in the WORLD.
The "aid" they get from USA are weapons or the means to make it, which they then sell all over the world.... and they are not selling it to peace troups, thats for sure. Israel is not some peaceful country spreading joy and love to the world. They, just like any other rich wealthy nation, sell weapons to separatist groups, rogue goverments, extremists, for their own interests. Arms dealing is a dirty business and a lot of rich and powerful are involved in it.

A quote from the article:

"On Nov. 9, the Israeli Defense Ministry's Director General Amos Yaron promised to stop supplying military equipment to the army in the poor West African nation."

Note who said that. Israeli GOVERMENT is selling weapons in that part of the world, not some separatist group of insurgents.

The article also explains the huge role France played in the first 20 years of the existance of Israel. France was their best friend.
Now, they are not Sharon's biggest fans. On a side note, one must be really crazy to be a fan of a convicted murderer anyway, but thats another story.

The "cold war" between these two countries has been going on for a while now, and it won't stop anytime soon.
This is not evil France attacking the poor little inocent Israel. This is two wealthy, rich, corrupted goverments playing their little games, and playing with lives of innocent people.

"Cold wars" are never fought directly in countries involved. Look at USA and USSR Cold War. They would pick a poor third world country every year, one would suply the insurgents, the other would suply the goverment(dictator) and they would fight it (Vietnam, Angola, Kuba, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, etc, etc).

We live in a very dark world indeed.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Besides, you think this because what? Because "Israel" has arms-dealers helping the Ivory Coast military? Because the Le Mundo claims their are a number of Israeli advisors? Do these "Israeli" arms-dealers fall under the control of the Israeli government or are they a separate entity from the Israeli government? Let me give an example: since there are now "Frenchmen" working, aiding, and fighting with the so labeled insurgents in Iraq, would it be safe to conclude that the French are looking for a "bloody-nose" from the US? Are these "Frenchmen" there because the French government is sanctioning them? Again, Moku, in all this self-deemed hyping of Israeli "French-bashing" and the self-deemed Israeli stirring of "unrest within the French Jewish community, you then proclaim that it is indeed Israel (indicating that the govenment is sanctioning this) is "esculating conflict with military means....are you so sure that it IS the Israeli government that is doing this or is it independent entities within Israel doing this? Its obvious which you prefer it to be....

I often wonder what Seekerof is on. Faced with information he doesn't like he routinely twists and turns ,contorting the topic in a bizarre way and leaving it virtually meaningless.

Perhaps he can enlighten us all.Which French insurgents are you talking about ? Have you any proof that the French are arming the Iraqi insurgents against an operation that is now sanctioned (like the Ivory Coast Op) by the UN ?

I particularly like Seekerof's escalation and threat that the US should give France a bloody nose. Israeli apologists will go to any length to distort the issues placed before them.

Deny Ignorance ,not encourage ignorance.

46 Israeli Military Advisors arming rebels fighting and killing a UN sanctioned French force in the Ivory Coast has no similarity whatsoever with one or two French, British, American, or even Israeli muslims fighting in Iraq against the coalition.

That you can not recognise this difference, or that you recognise it but your bias/affiliation is so strong that you would try to diminish the severity of a situation with trivial or bogus disinformation is a concern to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The "cold war" between these two countries has been going on for a while now, and it won't stop anytime soon.
This is not evil France attacking the poor little inocent Israel. This is two wealthy, rich, corrupted goverments playing their little games, and playing with lives of innocent people.

I'm asking myself, what did France do to Israel aside from supporting it in times of war, to attract this kind of 'punishment'...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
I'm asking myself, what did France do to Israel aside from supporting it in times of war, to attract this kind of 'punishment'...

- It's back to 'with us or against us' politics Moku.

Anyone who dares criticise or question Israeli policies regarding it's neighbours or the Palestinians is instantly villified as anti-semetic (despite the Arab peoples being semetic
).

.....and the many of the religious nut jobs in the USA can't think outside this 'Bible/Holy land'/Israelis = the chosen people/Armageddon nonsense.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I dont see what the big sink is over, its JUST France...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I dont see what the big sink is over, its JUST France...

france has a good military force. more than enough to level isreal.

new topics

top topics

join