It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of Huge Spiders in Argentina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Its an interesting story for sure but i have googled it and not found anything really. I agree its probably a Goliath(Theraphosa blondi)..lookin for love in all the wrong places..lol

edit on 19-1-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
For those who said they have tarantulas :

I hope you guys have a good health insurance plan, just in case.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

True enough but don't forget...while we do have reasonably sized Wolf Spiders, Canada also has some unreasonably sized Wharf Spiders also known as Fishing Spiders.
Unfortunately they can reach a unusual size for northern climates and while their bite isn't fatal it still hurts like you just been kicked by a mule. Spiders so big they hunt fish to survive.
Luckily for Canucks, we aren't on the menu.
Fortuately for the spiders, Quebec already has Poutine.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

You forgot Justin Beiber, the punk. Why couldn't you guys have kept him? We already have the Kardassians and Miley Cyrus, just to name a couple of pests native to the U.S. Siccing Celine Dion on us wasn't enough for you Canucks?

Anyway, I'm getting tired of the damn bugs in my house. Seven cats and they don't do squat about the bug problem(worthless critters) so maybe a spider will do the trick. I don't know if I need the big guy in the OP, but I'd rather have a spider hanging out than spray the house with chemicals.

Then again, the cats would probably eat the spider and leave the bugs. Did I mention they are worthless critters?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Lol..actually the bite isnt any more dangerous than a bee sting with the exception of a few out of 800+ that might make you feel ill but they account for probably less than 1% of the tarantula world..not common in pet stores anyway. I have been keeping them on and off for 20+ yrs and never been bit or have a bad experience, the most i,ve had is hair kicking when disturbed..interesting fact..(old school itching powder that you used to find in the old comic books was tarantula hair). I dont handle them much and like to just observe..like having a fish tank.
cheers

edit on 20-1-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

vonclod
reply to post by Trueman

the most i,ve had is hair kicking when disturbed..interesting fact..(old school itching powder that you used to find in the old comic books was tarantula hair).
cheers

edit on 20-1-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

That's not good for my asthma, you made me love more my dog.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

We...
could never be friends.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

TheSpanishArcher
reply to post by Eryiedes

You forgot Justin Beiber, the punk.

That's not fair!
The Canadian Government has appologized for Justin Beiber on several occasions...

Why couldn't you guys have kept him?

We didn't want him.

We already have the Kardassians and Miley Cyrus, just to name a couple of pests native to the U.S.

Why doesn't the States punt them off to the U.K., kinda like they did to to America with Piers Morgan?

Siccing Celine Dion on us wasn't enough for you Canucks?

Yeah...(chuckles)...that was some dirty pool playing on our part!

Then again, the cats would probably eat the spider and leave the bugs. Did I mention they are worthless critters?

You would have loved one of the last cats we had.
It would (try to) hunt, kill and eat almost anything smaller than it was.
Roaches, Silverfish, Ants, Mice, Snakes, Squirrels, Birds, Snails, the occasional sock and just about anything else we desired it to attack.
The trick?
Buy a laser pointer and illuminate what you want your cat to kill then just "paint your target" till the cat eradicates it. It's like having your own remote controlled drone...literally a Guided Cat Seeking Missile...a Feline of Mass Destruction.
Mind you a tarantula would likely discourage even a persistant hunter like Bast.
If a few faces full of barded spiderhairs didn't change kitty's mind, a single bite would...providing kitty survived that is.
For the record I would never let any animal I owned to go near a tarantula.
That's a job for me and a big boot.

-Peace-

edit on 20-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 20-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Correction

top topics

<< 1   >>

join