It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of Huge Spiders in Argentina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sounds like one of those old movies. Kind of cool, kind of scary.

Well, they are not that big but pretty good size anyway. About the size of a big jar of coffee.

An invasion of spiders large alarmed the neighbors Sumampa neighborhood in recent days, because they have applied immediately, with the help of local media, which action was taken to prevent the proliferation of the same.
Consequently, it became known to the authorities of Public Works, who would initiate a strong task of spraying in the area which, being on the banks of Albigasta river and bring water it is believed that since there could have advanced arachnids to the district

These spiders already took over the neighborhood of "Sumampa" and continue to move to other areas.

www.elliberal.com.ar...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Maybe it not invasion, they get more and more because the food source getting more too..i mean insect..nature have their own way to balance the world
Just my opinion sir, snf and its scary to see all of them in the night

edit on 19-1-2014 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

cheesy
Maybe it not invasion, they get more and more because the food source getting more too..i mean insect..nature have their own way to balance the world
Just my opinion sir, snf and its scary to see all of them in the night

edit on 19-1-2014 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

Hey Cheesy, good to see you around.

Allow me to point that spiders are not insects, but there is actually something going on in that area. In 2009 same are was invaded by killer bees.

SANTIAGO DEL ESTERO - . A swarm attacked again in the last hours in the town of Pampa Guanaco , this time to the people involved in the wake of the remains of Rosalina Vargas , 58 , who died Monday as a result of bites of these insects.

César Ibáñez , who witnessed the attack on his mother and was one of the victims of the insects, said that despite fumigation , the bees were hanging yesterday where the wake was held. He denied having hives for years but remembered watching bees in an old well , from where you think they came to attack. Further revealed that the insects killed a dog , five chickens and left three others dying .

"What we lived it was like a movie, not quite go to reality. The attack was so vicious that gave no time for anything . No equipment for beekeeping were , neither the police nor the neighbors could come so passed more than 20 minutes when my mom could not get a shot that would have saved his life, " he said. ( NA )

www.cine.lagaceta.com...
edit on 19-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Bee kill dog chiken and human? Thats creazy..and now the bee gone and come spider?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Another country of my visiting list ;( I would die if saw one of those.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ugh, Yuck. I hate spiders. I don't know what I would do if my area were overrun with these spiders.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

stick em in coffee jars and sell em to tourists?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Quick! Buy up stock in step stools and fly swatters! You'll sell them to every woman around and make a fortune!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
WHY do I keep clicking on these spider threads? First Oz, now Argentina. Two seemingly wonderful countries with creepy-crawlies on steroids.

Nope. Just nope.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nyiah
WHY do I keep clicking on these spider threads? First Oz, now Argentina. Two seemingly wonderful countries with creepy-crawlies on steroids.

Nope. Just nope.

My guess, these are the ones :

I heard that they scratch their rear top side and release sorta little hair that goes to your lungs and poison you. They bite too. Amazingly, some people have them as a pet. Local Name : Araña Pollito. I found one like that on a tree one time in South America, just left it alone.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is something I've been expecting. Its coded in world of warcraft, spider webbed areas, and that game puts out alot of the reality of the world we're in.

David Rockefeller contributed some lovely spider statues to new york city, and in underground bases, has overseen alot of development of horrific spider menaces.

When fukushima happened, just prior to that black operation, his entire clan fled to india, so they wouldn't get the fallout. And shortly after giant spiders overran a village there.

Everything about spiders brings David Rockefeller to mind for me.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's why I love cold climates.
No big spiders.
Canada has different types of pests...Celin Dion, Bryan Adams, Howie Mandel...they're just as revolting and much like a Braziilian Bird-Eating Spider are far too large to just step on in a pair of flip-flops.
So many places I'd love to see but will just never visit because it's commonplace for the things to take refuge in your shoe while you sleep.
So many places I'd love to go but will just never visit because it's commonplace to eat the bloody things and it's considered rude not to eat it if they offer it.
No way dude...it's supposed to be called "vacation", not "Fear Factor".

-Peace-

edit on 19-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've heard those can be tasty when de-haired and fried with garlic and chilis ...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I'd just eaten... I think it's just about to make a reappearance..

I really do not like spiders, out native UK spiders are far big enough, let alone one of these bad boys.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Afternoon,

Wouldn't that be a disturbing thought.
You're down in Brazil...determined to have yourself an authentic Ayahusca trip if it kills you.
You guide says it will take a few days ride down the river but at some point during night two, the translator says you are in for a real treat...a local delicacy.
Not to feel left out, you try and reciprocate by giving the "host" your last Snickers bar...sure it's half melted after a day on the Amazon River but even melted chocolate down there is like gold.
Your delicacy?
A nice big flame-kissed (and mostly shaved) pregnant tarantula abdomen with spinarets still attached.
Do you insult your host lost on some obscure river tributary on the Amazon, where if you aren't going to be caught and shot by the drug cartels you'll instead be caught by cannibals who rarely get to eat non-gmo white meat?
Or do you kiss the Snicker's goodbye and just hope they burnt the last of those needle-like spiderhairs off before you take your first bite?

This one is from Cambodia but it could just as easily be Brazil.
While I am positive I would be a total wuss and wouldn't dare refuse my hosts hospitality, there's this other part of me that's whispering in my ear:

"Yes you'll suffer and yes, you're body will never be found and that's still not as bad as if you hadda bite the spider..."

-Peace-
edit on 19-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

ketsuko
I've heard those can be tasty when de-haired and fried with garlic and chilis ...

Imagine the deep fried spider butt crunchy outside/juicy inside in your mouth, what an explosion of flavor.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I don't want to ponder what sorry circumstances life would deal me to where I had to make that decision.

I like spiders. Not near me but I like them none the less. They eat bugs so I cheer for them...as long as I do not have to watch the eating process.

This is why I live in the north. Cold weather and reasonably sized spiddys. Wolf Spiders I can handle. That nightmare in a jar? No f-ing way.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The video that you posted is of a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula. The hairs are a defense mechanism. I had one a few years ago, and handled it regularly, as he was male, very tame and the males only live for a couple of years. The hairs are harmless, the worst they could cause would be a bit of skin irritation.

I still have a Costa Rican Zebra Tarantual. Female spiders live for many years and she is now roughly 18 years old.

Tarantulas are much less harmful than scorpions, black widows, And a few other arachnids. At least with a spider this size you can see them coming.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think these are big males out looking for a mate..maybee there has been a couple of good seasons and the survival rate was high, that size would be 5 yrs old+. Hard to tell what kind of t it is through the jar and there are 800+ species of tarantulas..Due to the size probably a Goliath, not really dangerous poison wise.
Currently i have 3 tarantulas..at one point i had 15 or so..lol. I have tried posting pics here and its not worked out so i will post a link for each of my critters and perhaps some of you might see they can be cool.
..or not what you pictured at least..lol
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.flickr.com...

edit on 19-1-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Very hard to tell from inside a clouded jar, but I was thinking it could be a Goliath bird spider. These days the name arana pollito is used to describe any of the large spiders, pretty general. But many years ago it was mostly used in the connection of the Chicken Spider.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join