It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Bliss Interfering with Altered Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The most fascinating state of consciousness happens while we are falling asleep and waking up. During that state, all of us have an ability to experience things that ordinarily only "crazy" people or psychic people see. Lucid dreaming is of course the most common state but there is also "astral projection", "deep meditation", and other states. I think most people have woken up for a minute and then saw something shocking only to realize that it disappeared and was apparently their imagination the whole time. The most common thing is seeing a bug moving around. I think its nice that such states of consciousness give us "psychedelic" experiences without the use of drugs.

I have been having an issue where upon entering these states, where I get an unexpected and sudden rush of extreme bliss comparable to an orgasm(though with no arousal involved) that snaps me out of the state where I'll shout something like "Yes!!!". While sudden extreme bliss is great, it would also be nice to be able to tamp it down a bit so I can remain in the altered state of consciousness. Does anyone else have such a thing happen to them? Also, any advice?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fractal2

I do not have any advice for you but it stands to reason that you will become used to this bliss sensation the more you are exposed to the feeling. Over time it may give you more control of that conscious state. I have the same issue with lucid dreaming, every time I become lucid I get excited and wake up shortly after. I never seem to be able to remember in the dream that getting excited wakes me from the dream, because it always feels like it is my "first experience" in lucid dreaming while in that state.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Just how long would you like this altered state to go on. five minutes, ten? Till tomorrow? Long enough that it is no longer an altered state?
l prefer my altered states short and quick with a lot of time to reflect upon them from my own unaltered reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

No experience in lucid dreaming or astral projection so I only have boring normal dreams myself without any tactile senses in them. But I can feel low level "bliss" when I am awake and meditating (being in the moment) or giving Reiki.

I am one of those crazy people who can feel things in my body that I cannot see, since my eyes only see normal 3D.
. If you are not referring to the colors some can see with closed eyes. I am not very visual so I do not get that often.

edit on 19-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

fractal2
I have been having an issue where upon entering these states, where I get an unexpected and sudden rush of extreme bliss comparable to an orgasm(though with no arousal involved) that snaps me out of the state where I'll shout something like "Yes!!!". While sudden extreme bliss is great, it would also be nice to be able to tamp it down a bit so I can remain in the altered state of consciousness. Does anyone else have such a thing happen to them? Also, any advice?

Of course I can't know your situation from a short post, but here are a couple thoughts.

You may be practicing deep meditation without the required mental balance and control needed for that level of meditation. This often happens to Buddhist students in the West that dive into Meditation fast and hard before their mental control is fully established. Here is a good link talking about it...

www.cgjungpage.org...

Another thought is you could be momentarily glimpsing Enlightenment. Now that would be amazing!

I would suggest you talk to or seek out a Meditation expert. You sound well past the point of 90% of Meditation literature out there and probably will need a direct mentor/teacher to continue your journey.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

"Extreme Bliss Interfering with Altered Consciousness"

I hate it when that happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire

Just how long would you like this altered state to go on.

I'm trying to astral project. One option to help achieve that is to say an affirmation before going to bed and before going to sleep. My current affirmation is "I will astral project for ten minutes.".

The medical term for the type of activity I'm talking about is sleep paralysis. If you wake up but cannot move or wake up from a bad dream and cannot scream then you are in sleep paralysis. I imagine that the specific brain wave form of that can be looked up though I'm not sure. I think it would make more sense to call that state deep meditation because your body is in a state of perfect relaxation, which is highly beneficial for meditation sessions. From that state of deep mediation, you can then astral project by "getting up" in mind and spirit but not in body.

new topics

top topics

join