It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for Kidneys: Market for Organs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

For yours tuppence and a bag of toffees..If you are lucky

Oh ya! Maybe I''ll just hold out for the auction der Mr. Smart Monkey Boy.
Huh, see whadda about that?
edit on 19-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The question is why are so many kidneys failing (and the answers are out there).

So you donate a kidney to some stranger, whose to say your lone kidney won't fail at some point?

People need to look at what they are eating/drinking/doing that created this early kidney death in the first place.

The body is not designed to live on toxins. Fill the body with toxins and the organs responsible for eliminating such break under the load~it really is pretty simple (with a few exceptions of course).

As for organ donation after death/that can be tricky because there are enough instances of someone being declared legally dead to harvest the organs and guess what, not dead yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am 48, and am on Dialysis 3 days a week, 5 hours a day due to diabetes killing my kidneys. I also suffer from back degeneration, which forced me to eat ibuprophen more than I should have. So I am not entirely innocent in this.

I would like to address a few questions.

First, why are so many people in need of kidneys? The kidney is one of the most sensitive and worked organs of the body. Everything you eat and drink eventually gets filtered by the kidneys. Given all of the toxins that exist today in the water supply, all of the artificial chemicals being used in the food industry, artificial sweeteners, etc, it is no wonder that kidney disease is so rampant.

Right now, I am in need of a kidney. I would do ANYTHING to get one. Why? Because I can't work, I cant do a lot of things, because I spend 15 hours a week attached to a machine. Then, I spend the rest of the time recovering from the exhaustion that dialysis causes. It is draining to the body, mind, and spirit.

So why not allow money for organs? As humans, we should be free to decide what we do with our bodies. Yes, the practice would need to be regulated, not by government, but rather by the medical field which proves to be a heck of a lot more ethical than a government goon program.

I am on the waiting list for a kidney. I may or may not live long enough to get one, as the waiting list is 4-5 years right now for me. I have no siblings. So i don't have one readily available to me. I have one child. I do not intend to ever ask that child for a kidney. No way, no how.

So thats it. A voice from the dialysis clinic for you. Questions?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We donate blood.

There are payments for plasma.

I'm on a marrow donor's list.

Why not someone getting recompense for an organ?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Type 1 or 2 diabetes?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Right now, I am in need of a kidney. I would do ANYTHING to get one.

So why not allow money for organs?

I have one child. I do not intend to ever ask that child for a kidney. No way, no how.

First let me say I wish you the best in overcoming this. It's not fair for anyone to have to go through what you are.

The three lines above pretty much sum up why we should not be selling organs from living donors. If you would do anything to get one because you need one imagine what unscrupulous doctors and criminals would do to get a share of a multi-billion dollar industry.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are a lot of complications from living donation...

Living Donations

With the economy in the state it is there is potential for predatory abuse.

As for the ethics of the medical profession...

Yes, the practice would need to be regulated, not by government, but rather by the medical field which proves to be a heck of a lot more ethical than a government goon program.

My impression of the medical field is um, different from yours~

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

arosebyanyothername

Type 1 or 2 diabetes?

Type II

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bassago

Right now, I am in need of a kidney. I would do ANYTHING to get one.

So why not allow money for organs?

I have one child. I do not intend to ever ask that child for a kidney. No way, no how.

First let me say I wish you the best in overcoming this. It's not fair for anyone to have to go through what you are.

The three lines above pretty much sum up why we should not be selling organs from living donors. If you would do anything to get one because you need one imagine what unscrupulous doctors and criminals would do to get a share of a multi-billion dollar industry.

Excellent point. I had not thought about that...what, all Doctors are not ethical???

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh, and let me say that I am not innocent in all of this. I am not a victim of kidney disease. I am a victim of not taking better care of myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There are so many things you could do that could possibly reverse your multiple conditions but it would require your full attention and determination to a complete lifestyle change. 90% of type 2 is preventable. It would be a long road to hoe but what is your alternative? You might not last till your name comes up on the transplant list/but I hope you do naturally. There are things a dialysis patient can do that can help restore kidneys but again, it would take your full attention, lots of research/the information is out there. Heavy metal toxicity is a huge factor. Your back problems are in part mineral deficiency related, something else to explore. Mainstream medicine only offers symptomatic treatment and no real understanding of how to heal the body in a holistic manner.

You might want to ck out Pain Free by Pete Egoscue.

I am opposed to living organ donations unless it is a friend or family member that feels overwhelmingly compelled. There are long term risk for living donors that simply cannot be ignored. Offering a price incentive I think is just horrible because it preys on desperate people and there are certainly a lot of them these days.

Wishing you all the best most certainly...

edit on 20-1-2014 by arosebyanyothername because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join