It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Physically Appeared to me When I was 5, and Im against Religion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
First off I'm amazed at some of the ignorant answers given here, including those that have been removed. For a site that purports to deny ignorance and foster serious debate, well, it isn't happening and I'm ashamed of these people. You came here for an explanation and explained the circumstances. You deserve that rather than ridicule or just an argument.

Secondly, I'm going with the premis that you did NOT really see the real Jesus primarily because it is highly unlikely he ever existed. Not that there was not a human being back there 2,000 years ago that engendered some of the stories we have today, but he couldn't possibly have looked like the art that depicts him today, most of which is from the Middle Ages. In other words, "Jesus" wasn't tall, wasn't Caucasian, did not have long-flowing brown hair nor wear heavenly robes. And he wasn't good-looking guy, but more a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy, which even the Bible states is true. If he existed at all, he was probably short and brown-skinned.

So THAT means what you saw was your own idea of what Jesus looked like based on your current perceptions. And at five years old you had them. Your mother was devout and you had been exposed to Christianity all your life--a mere five years, but still--that was enough. Five years old is not a baby. You knew most of your native language by then. You walked and talked and interacted with your family. You were compelled to participate and pray when told. You had seen "pictures of Jesus" and you knew about being "bad or good," the difference between them, and I'll just bet your mother had told you that Jesus likes good kids and doesn't like bad ones, one way or another.

So you were being a five-year old jerk, as we all likely were at one time or another, and you knew it, so you had a vision. It was solely YOUR vision because your Mother did not see it and asked you what you were talking about. Where did it come from? Probably your sub-conscious. You were, in effect, disciplining yourself. No doubt it was COMPLETELY REAL to you and the message was delivered. Bear in mind that at five years old you had not been completely subjugated by our idea of what is or is not real. You did not know such an event was "impossible," so you had it.

So was this vision real to you? Of course it was. No one can take that away from you, including people here who think they know better. But what was it really? I suppose we can go off on a tangent and suggest it was some OTHER entity masquerading from the Other Side and providing a service to your family, but we have no real evidence of this and it goes beyond the facts that you presented.

So the bottom line is to accept it as "real" within your own experience, but "not real" in terms of an objective presence and just move on. I remember some "weird" things that happened to me at five years old, too, but they don't run my life and I'm not obsessed with thinking about them. I would submit that this approach is reasonable under the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

schuyler
First off I'm amazed at some of the ignorant answers given here, including those that have been removed. For a site that purports to deny ignorance and foster serious debate, well, it isn't happening and I'm ashamed of these people. You came here for an explanation and explained the circumstances. You deserve that rather than ridicule or just an argument.

Secondly, I'm going with the premis that you did NOT really see the real Jesus primarily because it is highly unlikely he ever existed. Not that there was not a human being back there 2,000 years ago that engendered some of the stories we have today, but he couldn't possibly have looked like the art that depicts him today, most of which is from the Middle Ages. In other words, "Jesus" wasn't tall, wasn't Caucasian, did not have long-flowing brown hair nor wear heavenly robes. And he wasn't good-looking guy, but more a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy, which even the Bible states is true. If he existed at all, he was probably short and brown-skinned.

So THAT means what you saw was your own idea of what Jesus looked like based on your current perceptions. And at five years old you had them. Your mother was devout and you had been exposed to Christianity all your life--a mere five years, but still--that was enough. Five years old is not a baby. You knew most of your native language by then. You walked and talked and interacted with your family. You were compelled to participate and pray when told. You had seen "pictures of Jesus" and you knew about being "bad or good," the difference between them, and I'll just bet your mother had told you that Jesus likes good kids and doesn't like bad ones, one way or another.

So you were being a five-year old jerk, as we all likely were at one time or another, and you knew it, so you had a vision. It was solely YOUR vision because your Mother did not see it and asked you what you were talking about. Where did it come from? Probably your sub-conscious. You were, in effect, disciplining yourself. No doubt it was COMPLETELY REAL to you and the message was delivered. Bear in mind that at five years old you had not been completely subjugated by our idea of what is or is not real. You did not know such an event was "impossible," so you had it.

So was this vision real to you? Of course it was. No one can take that away from you, including people here who think they know better. But what was it really? I suppose we can go off on a tangent and suggest it was some OTHER entity masquerading from the Other Side and providing a service to your family, but we have no real evidence of this and it goes beyond the facts that you presented.

So the bottom line is to accept it as "real" within your own experience, but "not real" in terms of an objective presence and just move on. I remember some "weird" things that happened to me at five years old, too, but they don't run my life and I'm not obsessed with thinking about them. I would submit that this approach is reasonable under the circumstances.

If you read carefully you would understand that at the time of the experience I had NEVER seen any pictures, depictions, or sculptures of jesus, whatsoever...my baptism consisted of a priest rubbing some oil on me and putting on a gold cross. Other than that there was no religious exposure.

We never went to church, never prayed, never went anywhere that had religious altars or paintings. So I had NO conception of what jesus was or looked liked, so clearly this was not something out of my subconscious. I really wish people would understand that I only knew this was a being that looked like jesus, ONLY years later when I saw a painting.

GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, I'll tell ya, buddy. I have been about as kind and thoughtful as anyone could be about your experience. If you reject what I have to say, then I doubt you will find ANY comfort on these forums as most people think you are simply delusional. In any case, you had the experience. No one else did, not even your mother who was right there with you. There's not really anywhere you can go with this in terms of someone else giving you an explanation that fits all your needs.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

schuyler
Well, I'll tell ya, buddy. I have been about as kind and thoughtful as anyone could be about your experience. If you reject what I have to say, then I doubt you will find ANY comfort on these forums as most people think you are simply delusional. In any case, you had the experience. No one else did, not even your mother who was right there with you. There's not really anywhere you can go with this in terms of someone else giving you an explanation that fits all your needs.

First off...I am not your buddy. Secondly I did not post my experience to receive comfort or counseling from ATS. You do not speak for everyone, If you feel Im delusional then that's your opinion. I could care less how "kind and thoughtful" you are trying to be. Rejecting what YOU have to say, is just that, me rejecting YOUR opinion. Do not attempt to speak for any other members as they are adults and can form their own opinions and replies.

You take waay too much upon yourself to try to explain and resolve, when this is simply not your job to do. I am not looking for an explanation from anyone that "fits my needs" as needs were never the reason I posted. I simply wanted to share the experience, not seek comfort, especially not from you.

I hope that clears things up. And lastly if you find my thread distasteful or delusional you may simply move on to contaminating other threads. Thanks.

GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

GeminiSky

This was real, the entity appeared to be physically in the room, and like I said there was definite time dilation occurring...

GeminiSky

Just curious about this part.
If there was definite time dilation why did your mother say she noticed nothing.

Sure this is an assumption but if you and your mother were needing to go somewhere missing time would be noticed.
Although I'm not sure how many 5yr olds are that aware of the time anyway.

Also, do you believe that every child that has an imaginary friend is talking to a real being?

I'd take Jesus's advice and listen to your mother, there was nothing there.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

The attempts to explain away my experience are pathetic. Sometimes things cannot be explained.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

True, some things cannot be explained however everything does have an explanation.
Sometimes people don't want things explained as well.

In your case there are a few explanations.

God manifested itself to you as Jesus to get you to behave. The reasons for this could be a butterfly effect deal. Maybe you were about to push your mother over the edge and she would go crazy and kill someone who would be a great leader one day. Perhaps that visit saved millions of lives which explains why you are one the few in human history who have seen him.

There are infinite variables on why this happened and why you were chosen. But if it happened there would be an explanation.

Another explanation is that little kids are stupid and see stuff that isn't there.

But rather than argue whether it did or didn't happen there's probably a more productive way to look at this.

If this did happen, why were you chosen and what do you think the purpose was?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

schuyler Secondly, I'm going with the premis that you did NOT really see the real Jesus primarily because it is highly unlikely he ever existed. Not that there was not a human being back there 2,000 years ago that engendered some of the stories we have today, but he couldn't possibly have looked like the art that depicts him today, most of which is from the Middle Ages. In other words, "Jesus" wasn't tall, wasn't Caucasian, did not have long-flowing brown hair nor wear heavenly robes. And he wasn't good-looking guy, but more a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy, which even the Bible states is true. If he existed at all, he was probably short and brown-skinned.

www.mariavaltortawebring.com...

According to the historical record i.e. (Pontius Pilate's letter to Tiberius Caesar etc.) Jesus was tall, had long hair that was golden brown in color, blue eyed, somewhat stoop shouldered and serene in countenance.

Search, and search hard and the answers can be had.
edit on 21-2-2014 by MERCURIOUS55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Cool story.

When I was about 8, fishing alone by the river where I lived, some guy showed up beside me. Told me his name was Jacob, that he was a friend of Jesus and asked me if all was fine. He was dressed like coming out of a religious comic book that I had seen. Told him all was fine, he smiled and walked away. Just weird.

When I looked in the direction where he should have been, a few seconds later, he was gone. Left my fishing rod there, walked around, couldn't see him anywhere. He was just gone.

Same as you. What the heck was that? I don't know and probably never will. But it does make for a good camping story.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

MERCURIOUS55

schuyler Secondly, I'm going with the premis that you did NOT really see the real Jesus primarily because it is highly unlikely he ever existed. Not that there was not a human being back there 2,000 years ago that engendered some of the stories we have today, but he couldn't possibly have looked like the art that depicts him today, most of which is from the Middle Ages. In other words, "Jesus" wasn't tall, wasn't Caucasian, did not have long-flowing brown hair nor wear heavenly robes. And he wasn't good-looking guy, but more a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy, which even the Bible states is true. If he existed at all, he was probably short and brown-skinned.

According to the historical record i.e. (Pontius Pilate's letter to Tiberius Caesar etc.) Jesus was tall, had long hair that was golden brown in color, blue eyed, somewhat stoop shouldered and serene in countenance.

Would that not have subjected him to ridicule and distrust among the Jews of his time?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

MERCURIOUS55

Would that not have subjected him to ridicule and distrust among the Jews of his time?

Possibly it did.
But scripture seems to say the Sanhedrin and pharisees had more of a problem with his teachings and actions rather than his appearance, (which was evidently drastically different.)
edit on 16-3-2014 by MERCURIOUS55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2014 by DISRAELI because: no longer needed

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Faith is a difficult thing, even the desiples had issues with faith at times. I only doubt the sincerity of your story because of the language you use, but I do believe Christ has appeared to many children. If you are being sincere, why do you abstain from religion? Religion does get twisted, even the words of the bible are easy to twist for self serving agendas, but to have proof positive for yourself, you must find the need for further investigation? Perspective is everything, and maybe you can't begrudgingly except the perspective of the different religions and eyewitnesses, but to except your own experience means that you must expect that others have had similar experiences.
When you say you don't believe in religion, do you only mean organized religion?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interesting story! i havent gone through all the replies so sorry if i missed your other posts OP but, 5 year old brains are very active and they absorb absolutely everything, just because you weren't religious doesn't mean you wouldn't have seen that image of Jesus with the long hair, flowy robe etc somewhere, even tv or something not even noticing and your sub conscious has absorbed it & maybe even what they were saying, along with what your mother may or may not have told you about Jesus. Even if you werent paying much attention your brain would have been! How else do we learn so much in our first 5-10 years of life ? I know as a 5 year old myself though i saw a ghost (a little girl) she was sitting on my bed sideways staring ahead, she actually looked alot like my now 6 year old daughter and it has always stuck with me and was very very real, so i can see where you are coming from but all we have is our perception of something that we experienced as small children with very active imaginations, maybe we were doing just that (imagining it) or maybe as many people say about children we did see that but that was before all the conditioning set in and before we were led to believe spirits, ghosts, heavenly entities etc don't exist so we close it off. Im not really sure, and can't give you answers but i hope you work it out for yourself

By the way maybe Jesus could drop by my house and give my kids a little talking to about their behaviour ?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
?? a 'profound' moment in your life that your subconscious has, apparently, since connected with that of divine imagery, individual(s) and the like.

???

Still ...

probably not a bad 'path' to follow - that between 'right' and 'wrong'.

????

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

GeminiSky

If you read carefully you would understand that at the time of the experience I had NEVER seen any pictures, depictions, or sculptures of jesus, whatsoever...my baptism consisted of a priest rubbing some oil on me and putting on a gold cross. Other than that there was no religious exposure.

We never went to church, never prayed, never went anywhere that had religious altars or paintings. So I had NO conception of what jesus was or looked liked, so clearly this was not something out of my subconscious. I really wish people would understand that I only knew this was a being that looked like jesus, ONLY years later when I saw a painting.

Yes, but your parents knew. Suppose he was an actor or a priest dressing up to scare some sense into you?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Yes, but your parents knew. Suppose he was an actor or a priest dressing up to scare some sense into you?

suppose the moon is made of cheese....yeh not happening..

GS

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

Doesn't have to be explained with Jesus. Maybe you had an encounter with your guardian spirit.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
GeminiSky you certainly had your fair share of mystical encounters when you were 5 years old. You created a thread in 2010 where you state you saw a UFO in Georgia and now you state you were visited by JC. Are there any more encounters from the age of 5 that you feel compelled to share?
edit on 4-5-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
perhaps it was me in my green shirt i give the hallucinagtions trippy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join