It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Physically Appeared to me When I was 5, and Im against Religion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have goosebumps as I type this because i remember it clear as day...

Heres a little info about me...Im 5 years old during this encounter...I live in Ukraine...I am a bad kid...

By bad I mean spoiled rotten and ALWAYS fighting with my parents, throwing hissy fits, kicking my legs, shouting, scratching, and basically going crazy if I dont get my way...

Also being 5 yrs old, I have absolutely no notion of what Christianity is, what Jesus (or the figure called jesus) is supposed to look like...

I will say this when I was very young my mother baptized me as she was of the orthodox christian faith..other than that I had no exposure to anything religious...

So heres the story, 100% the honest #ing truth...

Its daytime, and I am alone in my parents bedroom fighting with my mom...She is trying to get me dressed for something and I simply don't want too...Im kicking screaming and being a total spoiled little # of a child...and then it happened..

Suddenly everything in the room became quiet...extremely quiet...you know that quiet where all you hear is your breathing and heartbeat...we are no longer screaming at each-other and time seems to have slowed to a crawl....Then all of a sudden my bedroom door opens...and In walks a man wearing a white robe...long beard, long hair, and looking EXACTLY like as Jesus is depicted in the paintings of that era....

He stepped towards me and stopped. He did not look happy, in fact he had an extremely stern look on his face and was basically scolding me very hard...he raised his right hand, with his index finger pointed up and made a "no no don't do that" motion, basically wagging the finger from side to side and motioning "No" with his head...

Then All of a sudden everything came back to normal, he was gone and I immediately asked my mother "what was that?" she said she didn't know what I was talking about...

This was 100% physical and in the flesh, no hallucination, no sleep paralysis, in the middle of the day...

I am not religious and believe all organized religion to be mind control...

Now you tell me, how the # does a being materialize in the middle of the room to a 5 year old boy, who looks exactly like Jesus, robe and the whole 9, and I don't even have any preconception of what religion, jesus, or Christianity was?

This is a real being!

I don't believe in anything the bible has to say for the record I am 100% not religious and borderline atheist.

This has been a 100% true account of what happened to me, still get the goosebumps thinking about it!

Thoughts?

(post by ShaeTheShaman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Given that Jesus wouldn't have looked like the paintings, and 5 year olds have incredible imaginations, I don't find it hard to belive at all that it was the product of a five year olds over active imagination.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thoughts? There's a lot of inconsistencies in your tale.

You claim you "don't believe in anything the bible has to say", yet you're convinced you've seen Jesus (one of its main characters).

You claim he looked "EXACTLY like as Jesus is depicted in the paintings of that era", yet there really are no paintings of that era. Most of the stories in the bible were written hundreds of years after his death, and the common depictions in paintings are of the "white" Jesus painted hundreds to a thousand years and/or more after his death.

You claim he "physically" appeared, yet never touched him to know if it was truly "physical", or merely an apparition.

You also claim that you were "alone in my parents bedroom fighting with my mom", yet in this vision "all of a sudden my bedroom door opens". Did you teleport from your parents room to your room?

5 year olds have vivid imaginations. If you believe you saw Jesus than it would appear you're more religious than you care to admit. If you're looking for alternatives, then maybe it was a long deceased great-grandparent. It's really up to you to define how you wish to view the experience since apparently your mother has no recollection of the door even opening, but it seems you've defined it already.
edit on 1/18/14 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I had a somewhat similar experience when I was younger than you, and it helped me become religious. But, I don't follow a specific religion.

To me, these are two very different things, Man's religiosity and religion as a system with casts and such.
As Jesus said, we have access to God internally, everything else is pretty much irrelevant as to our linkage with God. Hope I made sense...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

GeminiSky

ShaeTheShaman
maybe you accidentally took some acid at 5 years old. or jesus really came to you

Maybe you have something better to do than post nonsensical replies in my thread? Move along..

What the hell did you expect..? Yes, shae's post was far from witty and not very creative, but your story doesn't have much meat to it as well.

Armor up, or thicken the skin, as that probably won't be the last post giving you a hard time.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just a shot in the dark here, but the fact that you were so ill-behaved and were in the middle of one your 'hissy fits' makes me wonder if you were having seizures that no one ever diagnosed, and the appearance of Jesus was one of them; hallucinations can seem mighty real at the time, and they can be associated with changes in daylight/nighttime, noise levels, everything. It's basically your brain having a self-induced electrical shock run through it.

On the other hand,

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Some things aren't figure-outable.

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Even at 5 years old, the subconscious picks up on, and understands things the conscious does not. You say your mother was Christian. Yet you say you had no exposure to religion. Does that mean she never talked about God or Jesus in your presence? Or does that mean you consciously paid no attention to it?

Secondly, you obviously knew you were being "bad", and felt some amount of guilt or remorse over it. What you saw was not physical imo, it was a manifestation of your mind. Though I'm sure it seemed physical at the time. Especially to a 5 year old. If you choose to believe it was truly a physical manifestation of Jesus, then what does that mean to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So basically you're like the Jews who saw Moses unleash the seven plagues and part the Red Sea to save their butts by the power of God, then turned right around and started worshipping a golden calf because he took too long to come down the mountain. I envy you! I mean to actually see something like that with your own eyes... no faith required...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Of course faith is required. The apparition never identified itself, not did have an "I'M JESUS" sign waving around. This is why the claim that the OP doesn't "believe in anything the bible has to say" seems a bit... off. He's clearly defined the experience as a religious one through faith alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I had the same thought as you regarding the seizures. High or low blood gas levels have been known to produce effects that could explain it. I'm not saying the OPs experience was not what he claims it was but these possibilities and others could be taken into account.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

redmage
reply to post by Bone75

Of course faith is required. The apparition never identified itself, not did have an "I'M JESUS" sign waving around. This is why the claim that the OP doesn't "believe in anything the bible has to say" seems a bit... off. He's clearly defined the experience as a religious one through faith alone.

Good point, I suppose a certain amount of faith is required if the entity didn't identify himself. Now I'm curious as to why the Op is so sure it was Jesus, and a little curious as to why I had to finish spelling Jesus after typing J... e... s... u...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

calstorm
Given that Jesus wouldn't have looked like the paintings,

Says who?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Can you give an accurate description of the Jesus that appeared to you please?

Face, skin, hair, beard, eyes

Thanks you
edit on 18-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
if the "son of god" appeared to you when you where 5 and it ACTUALLY was jesus because you were a spoled little kid and you "reject" religion, hey, it's a free country, right? but if i was ANY AGE and jesus "appeared" to me, for real, not just like when i was drunk or worse, i'm pretty sure i'd get the message. i believe they call it being in a state of grace (don't know forgot most of the bible stuff and other religions indoctrinations i had when i was a kid). But you said you gave your parents a hard time. i know this about my parents. i feared them, and rightfully so, more than god, jesus, godzilla, gumbercules, and sister rita combined! maybe your parents found it hard to provide you the discipline you needed, but don't blame jesus. and as far as my parents go? they had "scaring you into the right frame of mind" down to a fine science. after six kids, you'd kinda expect that. thanks mom. thanks dad. luv ya, miss you, but then, you already know that.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I'm gonna go ahead and be flat-out honest with you…Either I don't believe you at all, or this was the product of a 5 year old's running imagination.

Sorry. You didn't see Jesus. I'm not trying to be mean, either…

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Jesus said you have to have a spirit of a little child to enter the kingdom, its not surprising kids have the most visions. Like that girl who drew perfect paintings of Jesus and Mary without ever seeing a picture of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

calstorm
Given that Jesus wouldn't have looked like the paintings, and 5 year olds have incredible imaginations, I don't find it hard to belive at all that it was the product of a five year olds over active imagination.

So tell me about something similar that happened when you were five. You claim 5 year olds have such incredible imaginations that they can conjure up the 100% realistic slowing down of time and then people showing up. So lets start with your own imagination at 5 and work from there.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It seems like not just "impossible" things but wildly impossible things that make no sense on any level happen to quite a large number of people. An abnormally large number of "impossible" things have happened to me that I have little to no chance of comprehension.

Consciousness may work on levels that are yet understood in ways that alter the entire universe regardless of ordinary laws of physics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join