It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My elderly parents in NYC got bizarre visit from policemen @ 9:11pm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It could be they are not cops and scoping out your poor parents for a future break in - so you do need to investigate. Or it could be they are just the typical "beyond dumb" NYPD officers who made a mistake. I can say that because I live here and have experienced their incompetence. Not sure how much lower the standards can go.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Make them call! This can't be that bazaar..reduce this to nothing more than a scam artist targeting seniors. Or a cop that knew your brothers records and became a scam artist.

The search continues......it just feels scam all over it. To target seniors in new York over 9/11 is brilliantly disgusting.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: sing names was ba bit tasteless

edit on 18-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Go to the NYPD Precinct Finder to find out what precinct your parents live in. Then call the phone number listed, explain that your elderly parents are concerned about a visit they received and you would like more details about it.

If this was an official visit, the precinct will have records of it. If something is amiss, you should let the precinct know because for all you know there could be some kind of scam going on where a criminal is using such stories to get into the homes of vulnerable elderly people.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Yes thank you. Now..I'm not having luck searching this on the ATS history..has no one really heard of this story before?
I'm also searching Google Bing yahoo and crimes against the elderly sites.

Edit: and now by responding I made it worse

Edit: though I am getting pages of scanners pretending to be police stating seniors have outstanding warrants and to send a check..

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well so far I'm stumped..S&F for you..because I'm keeping my eye one this..just tooooo bazaar. When and if I find what I'm looking for...I'll post it immediately.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The cops are always supposed to disclose a name if they are reporting next of kin info.
This makes no sense.
It's also the second bizarre nypd story for me today.
I live in NYC, and I used to work with the cops.
Since Bloomberg and Ray Kelly turned them into a militarized revenue collection service, instead of a serve and protect the people agency, it's all gone down hill.

COPS ARREST PROFESSORS WHO CALLED FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

gothamist.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Find it so strange they didnt disclose the victims name, would have just confirmed wrong address simply. Could it be something more sinister (in which case, posting about it aint the smartest thing to do in this NSA/Police state) =/

I just love how paranoid some member of ATS get.

No, there was nothing sinister about it, they were not asking for your name on behalf of the NSA or because they are spying on you.

You really think if they were they would need to go to all that bother just to find out your name and confirm your address.

Whats more likely is that the cops probably want to make sure they are breaking the news to the right people so would be like "we think your son might have been in a accident can you confirm his name". If they have the wrong mom and pop thats a good way to find out with out telling the wrong people.

For the cops i dont think it would look good for them to turn up at the wrong house saying "We are very sorry but little jimmy has been in a accident" only to find out that little jimmy lives next door. As such they have now informed the neighbors before the next of kin.

Getting a confirmation of the name first to me would make a little bit of sense.
edit on 19-1-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
RE COPS ARREST PROFESSORS WHO CALLED FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Didn't hear about that one in Gotham! Just so retarded, esp since cops go about in pairs one would thing one helps the other one not abuse the power, yet they double the brutality, instead. In that case during a medical emergency. NYPD = Satan's guild?! Look at Bloomberg.

Thing is, my parents go to bed around by 9:30pm on weekends, and earlier during the week... so I didnt want to haggle them since when they called, and police had just show up, they were already hitting the sack as it is!

I've made a preliminary call to the precinct and was told they don't give out names in the event of wrong address, because it's confidential info for the immediate family.

As for getting record of the visit, they said to call back on Tuesday during the daytime to speak with the detective; as they don't have the resources to confirm every stop the officers make; they usually don't have a detective in the office as they're out on the field most of the time and were frank about Saturday nights being the least likely time to reach supervisors and senior officers.

i just realized when im settles i write in caps, and when im tired or just in a rush, write all small =/

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just going by your OP and description? I'll be interested to hear what you find out on Tuesday but I have a guess...

The Cops went to sincerely do about the worst job cops ever have to do in that line of work ...to see pretty quickly by pictures around, the son of the couple they just walked in on ..didn't match whatever was left of the body they just left at a scene or being carted away from one ..and very awkwardly made their exit?

The only thing worse than a death notification is a MISTAKEN death notification, I'd guess.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It cracks me up how people (including myself at times) can make yourself paranoid.

Honest to God....Do you really think the PTB sit around all day and read ATS?

Might be time to step away from the keyboard for a bit OP.

Random events combined with ATS and your favorite search engine.

Can really get your mind working overtime. đź‘Ť

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

gardener

am i supposed to be scared that i might suddenly be involved in an accident somehow? i'm not.

Well good.

But you should probably be scared that your folks are about to be robbed. I agree with previous posters; it sounds like someone casing the house to assess what is valuable and how vulnerable your parents are (i.e. is there anyone of significant threat living with them, or a frequent visitor).

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

VoidHawk
If its ID theft you need to check your bank account, but dont do it online incase your computer has been messed with.

Good advice.

Did they show proper Police ID? If they did, was it a quick flash and then whipped away again?

They could always have been a couple of chancers, standing there casing your parents house, hoping to spot something valuable or worthwhile coming back for.

I'd tell your Mum and Dad to be extra careful over the next couple of days, especially if the local Police station say they didn't send anyone to their address.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Socrato
It was JFK who said "Ich bin ein Berliner." famously in a speech in Berlin. Perhaps you're being targeted for a killing son.

Yikes! That's now the weirdest part of this puzzle.

So I let my folks sleep and called them at noon to ask some more questions. They are both indifferent and used to cops at this point seems. My mom's stance is that she didnt even have a discussion with them and just shut the door after they told her that:

'Someone is intoxicated and involved in an accident, and gave your address for us to let you know' - Thats all mom has to say about what they said.

She said she immediately ran inside while my dad stood by the door for a moment, to get the phone and call me (which takes her a while because she needs to find her glasses too, which she doesn't like to wear even though they're bifocals)

She came back and concludes they were looking around in the meantime at photos from the threshold and also concluded what she told them, that she only has one family member that would provide this address and she made sure it wasn't her son besides he lives way out of state and said goodnite and closed the door.

I asked her how long was the door open, she said 2-3 minutes. I asked her if she saw the cop's car and were they in uniform?, she said she doesn't recollect seeing any car because it all happened so briefly but yes they were in uniform and she forgot about the whole incident once she got me on the phone, and besides she had her elderly sister in law visiting from Florida at the time, for dinner, (toward the back of the house, at the dining table, not in line of sight of the entrance) and they were getting ready to go when the police disturbed for a moment.

I did have a heart to talk about asking for badges, asking for details like who said what not 'someone', as well as gave her the precinct# to put on a sticker near the phone to call if she ever sees cops on her property, before she/dad opens the door lest it be a life emergency.

As for the bank drama, I really think its fishy but at the same time, purely a coincidence. I mean, I've had other drama at this bank over the past few months, like whenever i go to withdraw they say there is no signature card. First 3 times I visited the branch after moving back to the west coast, I was told there's no signature card on file and that I can't fill out a new one. The male assistant manager (Customer Service manager), an older hispanic sounding stocky guy, just looked at me and said there was nothing he can do, claiming there's no signature card on file and suggesting a new one can't be filled out, either, even after repeating I filled one out - again - weeks ago. Actually, after I repeated that I filled one out weeks with the account rep named ####, he said 'Noooo', implying I must be lying.

Looking back, it was weird enough that there was initially a signature card on file for years, then months ago when I visited in particular this branch, there is no sig card on file and I ended up having to fill one out again - where did the original go?! I mean, everythings electronic and scanned into the system, aside from hard copies, right?!

Whats also bad recently is that they have a sign that says to have your deposit/withdrawal slip completed for the next available teller. But, in recent weeks they suddenly no longer accept withdrawal slips nor have any out on the floor; you must request one at the teller then fill it out in front o the teller, Which leads me to conclude fraud is increasing at this branch or bank.
The branch manager was very apologetic each time, though, which is why til now I've left the account open. But, this time around its just to fishy what's going on. Missing signature card months ago... and now my security phrase/image change to some Berlin slogan.. WTH?!?!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, odd circumstances all around! I can understand the police not giving out a name, if someone gave them that address, but they ought to be able to confirm whether or not any of their officers visited that address! Since this was supposedly related to an accident, it can't be that hard to track who would have taken the call, if this was real police.

The bank thing......change banks. Seriously! I have personally experienced, along with a lot of other people, a particular local bank ripping off customers. Withdraw all your money, and use someone else. No signature card, and being told you can't fill out another? That makes NO sense, and I used to work for a bank.

Used to police or not, your parents should be cautious. Crooks have been known to pose as police, and checking out the house as they seemed to do is VERY odd, for real police. Your parents should consider arming themselves, and getting a good dog. Better safe than sorry. If they can, they should go in person to the local police station, to find out if this was real cops, and if it wasn't, file a complaint about fake cops coming to their house. Something about the whole thing seems off. Yes, there are possible explanations for it being actual cops, but I get the feeling that wasn't the case.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wtf no follow up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join