It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My elderly parents in NYC got bizarre visit from policemen @ 9:11pm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this.. I was on my way home from dinner and my mom called all excited/histerical at 9:13p, about 25 minutes ago.

I just got home, so thought I'd share it however random, besides I missed ATS all day today while out down and about in LA.

So they asked if I was already, what happened etc... and I was like yea, why? They said the police came saying you son was in an accident, and kept looking around from the porch esp at the pictures since my folks have plenty all over the wall, esp since in August my bro, an afghanistan air force vet, died from ongoing PTSD/opiate addiction caused by the VA hospital.

Anyways they asked for a name and the police didnt disclose the name when they called and got me and I said no I'm fine, mom says the police specified this address was given someone else in the accident.

Find it so strange they didnt disclose the victims name, would have just confirmed wrong address simply. Could it be something more sinister (in which case, posting about it aint the smartest thing to do in this NSA/Police state) =/

Has something similar ever happened? I did tell my mom to tell dad if they come again get badge numbers and have the local precinct # handy to verify dispatch before even asking questions.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
would call the watch officer on duty and ask them to verify the details of the contact. with all the identity theft going on that could be the cause. i know. both my son and i have gone through similar, although less disturbing incidents in the pst years. my condolences on your siblings demise. but thye will be well cared for from here on out as they are in good company now.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If its ID theft you need to check your bank account, but dont do it online incase your computer has been messed with.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Calls to both 911 and the police dispatch or recorded and public record, so are police reports. Keeping pressing for information, they have to give you the recorded calls but will likely charge a fee for the CD the record the call onto or for the paper they print the reports on.
edit on 18-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

9:11pm
911 Cops
Afghan Vet
Phone call
ATS member
Message board

Maybe it was you they were looking for?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They should definitely call the local precinct and confirm that officers were dispatched to their home. Also ask your mom if she saw the police cruiser. Uniforms and badges are easy to fake but the car isn't. They could have been casing the place for a home invasion, trying to confirm whether anyone else lived at the home. This also probably only applies if your parents have the outward appearance of having money. You'd be expecting a big payoff to go to that much trouble.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

VoidHawk
If its ID theft you need to check your bank account, but dont do it online incase your computer has been messed with.

Maybe an illegal immigrant whom had assumed the OP ID has died?

I know that the soc sec dept will NOT divulge when someone has stolen an ID and is drawing disability on the ID

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

That is really weird.. I hope its nothing to worry. Maybe informing everyone and making it public might be the right thing. That way it is in the public domain.

I wish you the best of luck my friend, please keep us updated if anything weird like that happens again. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Double check some of your recent threads & posts.

Perhaps you struck nerves.

Maybe the Miriam Carey topic?

The White House never sleeps.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
wth.. i just tried to login to my account from my phone and the 'security phrase with image' that usually displays on the page i enter my password, change to a black image and a new phrase 'ich ben ien..' i forgot what the last word was and tried again and got a security lock.

of course, i've called my bank after hours and someone picked up anyways just now and confirmed my security phrase/image were changed today but no other activity was on the account, luckily theres no withdrawal but they said to go into the bank on tuesday (since mon is a holiday) to have a new acct # assigned. im worried if to even stay with that bank now, since its my main account with my life savings.

i dont even think the bank thing is related to the cops visiting my folks as its just acoincidence but anythings possible, i have had id theft in the past, 10 yrs ago and it was some hispanic sounding name working under and using credit cards with his name but my social, dob, creditworthiness, etc.

the credit was cleaned up over some years, but interestingly enuf since multiple big banks were involved (amex, discover, capitalone, chase) i can no longer open accounts with them even though its cleared up, when i replied to an offer the fraud dept would come on the phone and indicated that there was already an account associated with my ss# that was sent to collections years ago and the bank would block any business with anyone using that ss#, even despite clearing my name etc.

anyways the cops is just a misunderstanding, now that i asked my mom, they had been to their address 3 times prior in the past year -in addition to my brother's passing - because my dad is diabetic and alky so a few times in 2013 even though he took insulin eat stuff would wake up in a full blown violent diabetic coma where nobody could get him to take sugar water even in a spoon or oral syringe because of the violence.. luckily he doesnt have guns or knives except household stuff in moms kitchen but yea whenever he had these episodes, like 10 cops would enter the house together just to supervise the ER shooting him up with glucose. that stuff is very sad cuz hes diabetic, has had 2 heartattacks is in his 60s and continues to drink heavily sometimes for his condition its heavy although for us in our 20s+ with healthy liver/kidneys its probably just moderate. im just including the full history of cops there.. they dont need them showing up and mozying around cuz theyve been there enuf in the past yr alone.. and i reason the next time they would visit is for age-related emergencies, including passing someday as they are up there and its gonna be tough on me, i'm like 8hrs away flyin.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Police can and do lie - all the time.

Perhaps there was no accident but they were just fishing for information. Maybe someone was involved in a crime matching your description and car. They aren't going to go to the door and ask your mother if you robbed a gas station.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Police cruisers (and even motorcycles) are absolutely easy to fake. In fact, for a thousand dollars on Craigslist you don't even have to fake it. You can pick up an ex-police cruiser.

But you make a great point. I would definitely give the watch a call and see what they have to say. Couldn't hurt.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Josephus
They should definitely call the local precinct and confirm that officers were dispatched to their home. Also ask your mom if she saw the police cruiser. Uniforms and badges are easy to fake but the car isn't. They could have been casing the place for a home invasion, trying to confirm whether anyone else lived at the home. This also probably only applies if your parents have the outward appearance of having money. You'd be expecting a big payoff to go to that much trouble.

That was my thought, they wanted to see if anyone else lives with the older couple before they do a home invasion, not to get you worried but maybe you should call their local station and ask some questions.... and call your mom and have her double check the locks.
One more thought. ..if pops has a shotgun to keep it handy for the next few days.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
sorry my OP was so sloppy with mispelling and incoherent stuff.. i was just irked and a bit frantic

anyways, i should clarify that i live across the whole nation from my folks.. which sort of suggests yea the theory that someone else was using my addy over there, if not my name. i am their own living 'child' - my only sibling died months ago back in august.

i was thinking it also could be a former resident in that house that didnt want to give their real address, or a teen/son/daughter or relative of the family that was in an accident that didnt want to give their real address, or if someone was actually hurt/killed if there was actually an accident, the surviving person who communicated the info didnt want to give out the victim's real address and conveniently hid their id if they were the passenger, ughhh i'm tired or hypothesizing, i'll update once i get ahold of the precinct to query why my parents where questioned and not told who the person involved in the accident really was - cause it wasn't their son.

am i supposed to be scared that i might suddenly be involved in an accident somehow? i'm not.

i do not live in fear. i refuse to be terrorized.

thats also why i'm just going to assume the changing of the security image & phrase on my main bank account is totally separate. i have plently other crazy stuff going on, like melatonin nightmares, almost choking to death while eating, and recently getting over a 3wk long 'flu'

time to take a long bath, have a beer, and chill TFO *gimme a beer!*

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Deja vu! I have heard this story before...
This exact story..
I had to check the date on the post...

Like others were saying...check with the watch commander..I'm serious. I'm not kidding..I heard this very story to the letter of what you described. I heard this over a year ago...even down to being told to check with the watch commander.

Does anyone in here remember this?!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was JFK who said "Ich bin ein Berliner." famously in a speech in Berlin. Perhaps you're being targeted for a killing son.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok so much for the long relaxing bath, I was tense and for once, couldnt wait to get out of the... shower

You know how when something, anything happens that you can't figure out, how daunting it is to the mind constantly replaying whats worse I remember how a while back i shared on here that my bro in his opiate drugged up stupor, would share (tidbits) of random stuff that would 'blow ur mind'.

anyways Bigburgh u've read a very similar situation? please share, anyone! im torn between so many theories on this visit.. from home burglary planning, to just ppl giving wrong address to cover their backs in accident, to an 'intel' connection.. the latter is least likely cause its not like ats is not a big bro agency front, now is it?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

gardener

Ok so much for the long relaxing bath, I was tense and for once, couldnt wait to get out of the... shower

You know how when something, anything happens that you can't figure out, how daunting it is to the mind constantly replaying whats worse I remember how a while back i shared on here that my bro in his opiate drugged up stupor, would share (tidbits) of random stuff that would 'blow ur mind'.

anyways Bigburgh u've read a very similar situation? please share, anyone! im torn between so many theories on this visit.. from home burglary planning, to just ppl giving wrong address to cover their backs in accident, to an 'intel' connection.. the latter is least likely cause its not like ats is not a big bro agency front, now is it?

I'm so sorry...I don't mean to stir you up...I am trying to find this story....I meant what I said about having to check the date on this thread..I thought I hit a wrong button and read a past posting..this hands down is the most bazaar case of de Ja'vue ever. And I am not psychic or believe in that..and I sure as heck didn't slip through a space time continuum.

So let's just play it safe..and at least make that call. At least you will have an answer.

This is driving me batty..I will still search.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Like an alternate reality merged with this one... yikes, hope not. Yes have your parents clear this up by a simple phone call. Ask them to demand clarity on the Officers visit as it was unsettling to say the least and confusing to be most accurate.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dont be sorry, Bigburgh

But if you do happen to remember some keywords from that article, please do try the ATS search

Ive been trying, but no cigar yet. Will definitely make sure my parents call to get the reason of the visit if they refuse to divulge me the info over the phone. They don't seem perplexed; once the found out I'm alright they were relieved and write it off as wrong address given to the police.

Hopefully they can confirm a visit as absent one then it was criminal behavior; they are somewhat wealthy, I'd say just above average for middle class... for example own multiple properties which can easily be found by googling tax assessors' records online these days with just the persons' name(s).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join