It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS delays another Obama.Care segment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
According to the PPACA, employers MUST NOT pay for extra premium insurance for their executives.

They must only give them what the rest of the employees are getting.

The IRS is delaying all that for various reasons. Apparently they are having trouble distinguishing some of the details.

And I think was supposed to actually go into effect by late 2010 !!

And, the IRS has not yet even issued the regulations.

I wonder what the *REAL* reason is for this "delay".

Officials at the Internal Revenue Service said they were wrestling with complicated questions like how to measure the value of employee health benefits, how to define “highly compensated” and what exactly constitutes discrimination.

Bruce I. Friedland, a spokesman for the I.R.S., said employers would not have to comply until the agency issued regulations or other guidance.

President Obama signed the health care law in March 2010. The ban on discriminatory health benefits was supposed to take effect six months later. Administration officials said then that they needed more time to develop rules and that the rules would be issued well before this month, when other major provisions of the law took effect.

The Affordable Care Act, adopted nearly four years ago, says employer-sponsored health plans must not discriminate “in favor of highly compensated individuals” with respect to either eligibility or benefits. The government provides a substantial tax break for employer-sponsored insurance, and, as a matter of equity and fairness, lawmakers said employers should not provide more generous coverage to a select group of high-paid employees.

Rules for Equal Coverage by Employers Remain Elusive Under Health Law

Seems like more things are moving backwards than forward !

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Same as it ever was.

The rich are 'insuring' they get treatment the layman cannot ... and forcing the layman to pay for it.

How could anyone 'think' Obamaramcare could be good or fair? The only way to get close is 'belief' ... sounds like religion almost ... doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Snarl

Same as it ever was.

The rich are 'insuring' they get treatment the layman cannot ... and forcing the layman to pay for it.

How could anyone 'think' Obamaramcare could be good or fair? The only way to get close is 'belief' ... sounds like religion almost ... doesn't it?

It does, actually. You pay for something, that you never see the results of, and you leave feeling emptier than you were before.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So the government gets to determine what a private company can compensate it's own employees?

We now have the government determining policy for it's employees.

Call it a police-state, a fascist state, a totalitarian state.

It certainly isn't a free state anymore.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They need to stop all the delays and roll everything out as it should, so we can see the real effects.

I predict people will not be pleased.

top topics

join