It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object Explodes Over San Diego

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does seem to be a balloon envelope, and weather balloons do look exactly like that and they do actually explode most of the time.

They explode as they reach a height sufficient for the gas inside, normally Helium, to expand against the increasing low pressure that comes with altitude, until the balloon cannot stretch any further and basically explodes and falls to the ground.

So this could indeed be just a normal balloon launch that has done what balloons of this type tend to do.

It could also be a home made device, and someone larking about of course.

Having said that, it 'could' also be a military test of a kind of 'retarded chemical drop' too. By retarded, i mean delayed.

Why would balloons be used to deliver chemicals to a general area instead of an aircraft just spraying the stuff?

Easy...the balloons can be deployed upwind of the target, which if the target area is 'hot' would make the aircraft a juicy target during it's spraying phase.

Provided favourable wind conditions exist, the aircraft dropping balloons containing whatever the military wanted to deliver, can be well away from the hot area and the balloons can drift along on wind currents and either remotely detonated with a small explosive to rupture the balloon, or programmed to do so at specific altitudes.

Another reason to use balloons in favour of spraying, would be the balloons could deliver a payload that may need to have certain concentrations or parts per millions to be effective for whatever the intended purpose is...if sprayed, this would be difficult to achieve with any real accuracy, as the chemicals (or drugs, toxins, propaganda leaflets...whatever) would be dispersed widely, and may not reach the needed concentrations...a balloon can be shot down over the 'hot zone' of course, but that will only cause it to drop it's contents over the area firing at it, or the hot zone, which would be a help rather than anything else.

Whatever this is or was and whatever it's actual purpose was, there are valid reasons for using balloons to deliver chemicals of one sort or another, rather than nozzles attached to aircraft.

edit on 19-1-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I'd think a kid with a super soaker filled with "the evil chemicals sprayed to do X to humanity" would be a much more efficient way to deploy the chemicals. If you did it with a balloon, you would have to have targets outside, and you would have to want to hit everyone who was outside and downwind. While possible, highly unlikely. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually if I seen something like this going on and believed it to be some corrupt government stuff going on what better way to get proof then the container from it. There is a time to stop filming and start trying to recover the stuff falling I'd think.

Cool video though never seen that happen before.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for the find...I didn't think it was a weather balloon at first because I didn't see any radiosonde hanging from the balloon like this one:

radiosondemuseum.org...

A radiosonde is a small weather station coupled with a radio transmitter. The radiosonde is attached to a helium or hydrogen-filled balloon, generally called a weather balloon, and the balloon lifts the radiosonde to altitudes exceeding 115,000 feet.

But then I saw how the object exploded and how it compared to weather balloon explosions, and they both looked very similar...but remember, I still didn't see the radiosonde in the OP. So I cannot say for sure it was a weather balloon

Oh, and remember the Roswell "weather balloon" incident? Yeah, news reporters were told it was a weather balloon...and not a UFO. Just sayin.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I live in North San Diego County and occasionally work in San Diego. While driving to work the other day, traveling down the I-15 freeway just before the MiraMar Air Base I witnessed a drone flying close to the ground over the freeway. All of a sudden the drone "farted" for lack of a better word- a puff of gray smoke- and then a mini drone appeared out of the smoke. I'm guessing this mini drone was about 1-2 feet long. It quickley flew away in the opposite direction the mother drone was flying. Then about 10 seconds after this happened, the drone "farted" another puff of smoke and another baby drone appeared with the exact same switch of flight directions. Guys, our drones are having babies!

Terims

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011
But then I saw how the object exploded and how it compared to weather balloon explosions, and they both looked very similar...but remember, I still didn't see the radiosonde in the OP. So I cannot say for sure it was a weather balloon

If I were to guess, the radiosonde would be the part he says he wished he filmed, as opposed to the balloon itself.
As for visibility until that point, the balloon itself is a large white/yellow object (usually AFAIK, so they can be seen by aviation) which would reflect a lot of light, whereas the instruments etc are a box of who knows what colour, but probably not as bright, and with low quality optics the video author seems to have, difficult if not impossible to make out on the video.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

apex

Skywatcher2011

If I were to guess, the radiosonde would be the part he says he wished he filmed...

He actually "says" this? What time in the video does he say it at? I must have missed that part.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

He talks about it and displays an on screen caption to the effect that "unfortunately" he focused on the "casing" and not the lower object which he could not see at the time whilst peering through the viewfinder. Apex may have paraphrased, but I think the meaning is clear. Do you have an issue with that interpretation for any reason?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by MysterX

I'd think a kid with a super soaker filled with "the evil chemicals sprayed to do X to humanity" would be a much more efficient way to deploy the chemicals. If you did it with a balloon, you would have to have targets outside, and you would have to want to hit everyone who was outside and downwind. While possible, highly unlikely. (IMHO)

Depends entirely on what a military wanted to drop from the balloon, and whether or not it was an active enemy, or a test run.

Radiological material wouldn't require anyone to be outside when it was dropped for one example, it really wouldn't matter if the village, town or city (if using many dispersal balloons) had anyone walking around at all..it would be just as deadly, and ensure that no troops or civillians could inhabit that place again, for a long time anyway.

If you wanted to disperse the same material from a nozzle on an airplane, the same level of accuracy would probably not be achieved, and a much wider area, possibly where your own troops are stationed or fighting might also be affected, or areas a military planned to move into would be no-go if contaminated.

I'm NOT saying that this video represents any of this, not in the slightest, i'm saying there are more ways than one to skin a cat, and a balloon might be one of those ways to deliver a substance, either in a military context or not..it's very low tech, easily understood by untrained personnel, can be carried in a light pack, can be set up in minutes and would be very cheap to mass produce and use.

My feeling is, the video shows a bog standard weather balloon, exploding as they often do, or else shows someones idea of a prank or attempt to create a sensationalist video clip. That's just the impression i get from a quick glance at the clip...i could be completely wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Terims
I live in North San Diego County and occasionally work in San Diego. While driving to work the other day, traveling down the I-15 freeway just before the MiraMar Air Base I witnessed a drone flying close to the ground over the freeway. All of a sudden the drone "farted" for lack of a better word- a puff of gray smoke- and then a mini drone appeared out of the smoke. I'm guessing this mini drone was about 1-2 feet long. It quickley flew away in the opposite direction the mother drone was flying. Then about 10 seconds after this happened, the drone "farted" another puff of smoke and another baby drone appeared with the exact same switch of flight directions. Guys, our drones are having babies!

Terims

You saw a military drone actually flying down a public freeway?

That doesn't sound very safe or public minded.

Don't the military have hundreds of thousands of square miles of empty and fenced off land to test their toys in?

They're lucky it didn't hit anyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I would have guessed the part he went on about being 'on fire' or glowing like an ember could have been the radiosonde...maybe the lithium batteries exploded or something?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Helium balloon with another smaller balloon inserted in the center filled with trichlorophenyl) oxalate, or TCPO. for the light effect and to control the lift..........................Sniper practice........................

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011
He actually "says" this? What time in the video does he say it at? I must have missed that part.

OK, so I may have been paraphrasing but about 3 minutes in:
Youtube

And he says he picked up 'the brightest thing', rather than it as he was aiming with a 3 inch LCD. He describes it as like a "red ember". So we don't know for sure what it is, but given it falls faster than everything else it seems reasonable to guess that it's instrumentation.
edit on 19-1-2014 by apex because: link edit

edit on 19-1-2014 by apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What about Biological.
Possibly a Virus.
Just asking .
Who Knows ?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, since the man in the video was setup to see chemplanes and chemtrails, it is only logical the weather balloon he saw had to be a chem bomb.

What else could it be?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I have worried for some time now that terrorist might try to use a simple divice such as a remote controlled plane ect as a method for unleashing chemical weapons over a major city..
This seems to me a very plausable delivery method for a terrorist to use. Release a balloon filled with helium or hydrogen insert another baloon filled with a biological agent ect , have a sniper on some ground location waiting for baloon to pass over a city and ...........

This man videoing this may have uncovered a dry run.....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is definitely a weather balloon.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

What about Biological.
Possibly a Virus.
Just asking .
Who Knows ?

There is a chance that one of the scientists/students/whatever that launched the balloon sneezed on it, true. Or they where having fun, inhaling helium and accidently coughed into the balloon. The possibilities are endless.
edit on 20-1-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Terims

Terims

Anything like what this shows?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well, the title of the video already says what it is, it's a

"Chem Bomb Dropped On A Populated City".

Since I am 100% convinced that the Youtube uploader is an expert capacity in whatever field (SARCASM)...I am pretty sure that's what it is. I mean, the guy must know..right? : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join