It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
for your beliefs and principals and see what happens.

The nail that stuck out gets hammered.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Swim against the current and drown.

Why do i have to care so much?

Why dont the rest care more?

What do you do when you loose faith in a place that enlightens you so.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Your courage is laudable, shane. I noticed. I bet I'm not the only one.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thank you. I just hope i dont get greased.

This place has been a second home.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Many of the rest used to care. Then The gods smacked our hands, lovely avatars and statistics. Tread carefully unless you wish to view ATS though an IP masking program.

Courage with the admins here will only get you suspended. It has always been that way so some of us have learned how to deal with it quietly.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The GUT
Your courage is laudable, shane. I noticed. I bet I'm not the only one.

No your not

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Its not that i wish to speak out against them or the owner.

I just think of this little community as a family of sorts.
Thus the need to protect them from things they cant fully comprehend.

I wouldn't go to those lengths to view ATS.
IF i get the can, that will tell me all i need to know about the administration.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There are two families on ATS. Get with yours and stop caring about theirs. I have been on this site for a very long time, much longer than my avatar reflects. There is no point in swimming upriver on this one, been there done that and it won't work.

As much as I do not like it I decided to instead focus my energies on improving it though the content I help provide. Admins will be admins and a couple of them reflect Humanity as a whole. Better to let them have their world, we can keep to ours.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That is a great sentiment.

But then i would have to give in to what i have problems with.
I cant so easily let go and go with the flow.

I have a problem with things i know are wrong.
I have to change them.

I wish it was that easy for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Then it was great knowing you

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Mamatus

Then it was great knowing you

Don't put the cart before the horse.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I see what you mean, but it's kinda hard for a horse to swim up a waterfall. Things change when silver crosses palms. KWIM?

Des

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You're good man!

Look, this world makes it really really hard to think and act rightly. Don't doubt what you know is true in your heart and mind. You're seeing what a lot of people are seeing and waking up to.

Caring more is all you can do. Just practice not feeling bad about caring. Stick to your guns and wake up the sleepy people slowly and tenderly or you risk them turning over and going immediately back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

During my time here, i have been a witness to the demise of a lot of members. The majority of whom i considered friends. From memory, numerous members were banished for just expressing an opinion - others for clearly breaking the terms and conditions.

I myself, have been warned plenty of times for my conduct and expressions - i have even had my account hang in the balance. I have learnt to let go though, for if i were to persist, i know i would no longer be here. I think the same can probably be said for a lot of the other members here...

I still consider ATS my home on the internet, but i also consider it a shadow of its former self. I guess all we can do is adapt, as fighting the establishment is not such a wise thing to do.

But, if you would like to persist in your behaviour, i would suggest you do so in a subtle manner. No use going out in a blaze of glory if you aren't going to achieve anything substantial. As others have said, it is probably better if you focus on aiding the community through other means.

Best of luck to you.

- Daas.
edit on 18-1-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
BUT...
The second mouse gets the cheese.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Very good points. Sometimes if you pull the reigns too hard the horse will buck you off.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't know what the hell anyone here, other than Des, is talking about. But all that aside....there is no real chivalry here on ATS, or on the internet. Sure, you can "defend" a fellow poster from another poster. But when it comes to administration, you have to ask yourself what you want to get out of being on ATS. If you like the folks here, and you find it to be good entertainment, then just pipe down and bite your tongue. I do.
I am far to familiar with saying what I feel needs to be said, and sometimes push a little too far. But have no problem saying "yes sir....i screwed up. Im sorry' just to get them off my back so i can go back to getting what i want from ATS: entertainment, information, and a few friends.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
Very good points. Sometimes if you pull the reigns too hard the horse will buck you off.

well put metaphor that sums up everything I just said.

Is this a thread about metaphors? There are an awful lot of them mixed up in here. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Just ranting about some old news. Metaphors are good though

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.

I have no idea what we are talking about.. but wanted to contribute something profound... and in italics.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Not unlike you, I don't know what the topic is either. I might know, but I'm probably wrong(a rarity LOL). I'll skip the italics, though, and post a profound video.

top topics

join