It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random act of kindness restored my faith in humanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I must admit, I've had an absolutely awful day, but reading some of the kind acts you guys have done has cheered me up a lot, and inspired me to do a random act of kindness for someone who looks like they need it tomorrow. Thank you

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Pay it forward.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

therealguyfawkes

Yes, please--pay it forward. And keep paying it forward.

Each small act of kindness is just a pebble tossed in a pond, but the ripples they generate can help change this world for the better. Please remember that warm feeling, and help pass it along to as many people as you can.

Too often as we get older, we find the only surprises in life to be negative--a parking ticket, a car breakdown, an unexpected tragedy. Inserting a single ripple of pure generosity into the life of someone else can make all the difference, and help to remind people that no matter how bad things sometimes seem, selfless acts of kindness and compassion still exist.

That was very well said. Sometimes just a smile can set off a chain reaction of happy.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Domo1
That was very well said. Sometimes just a smile can set off a chain reaction of happy.

This, this, 1000x this.

It sounds like hippy new-age BS, but the energy with which we engage the world really has a tangible effect. Even if you have nothing else to give, offering a smile, telling a joke, radiating kindness and compassion--these things are free. They cost you nothing to give, and can make a world of difference to the mood and outlook of the people you're interacting with on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Random acts of being human is what it should be called. I 'm not tooting me own horn but, every month I get a $50 child support arrears payment. It comes on a debit card from a bank called SMI, alot of states use the debit card system. Anyways, I take my lil card up to the dollar store.. the one where evrything is a dollar. I'll fill up my little basket with about $47 worth of food stuffs, soup, pasta, canned goods, diapers, etc etc etc. Then I walk around the store awhile and just watch the folks shopping....it's not hard to spot the folks who need a little extra. Then without warning, I simply give them the items..free and clear. I do this each and every month, when you see a person having trouble paying in the damn dollar store..those folks need some help. Ive done this each month since 2011 when I got the card. I needed this money when my kids were small, other kids need it now. It want make me or break me.. but at least one day a month i walk around with a ear to ear smile all day. Knowing a child or adult needed what i gave and it brought a smile to their faces....payback enough for me. Most folks don't want a hand out...they want a hand up. Your karma is gonna go way up.......

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's funny I started a thread called "Pay it Forward" but it didn't do very well and faded quickly from current contributions.
I think there is 3 posts give it a read!
CLICK HERE TO READ "PAY IT FORWARD"

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

My neighbor across the street the other day snow blowed the end of my driveway at 1030 at night while I was sleeping. The snowplow was late, we had a lot of snow. I got up in the morning too snow blow and it was already done. So I went to work. I called to thank him and told him it means a lot. He calls me when he has some heavy lifting to do, I don't hesitate. What I am trying to say is sometimes we need to be nice in spite of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

wantsome
Ok so I was going ice fishing this morning and there was a line to get into the parking lot. There was a truck waiting to make a left hand turn and no one was letting him in. I let him go because I figured he was there first. So I get to the parking lot attendant and he hands me a daily pass. I said how much do I owe you? he said nothing the guy in front of you paid your way. By then he had already disapeared into the parking lot. I would have liked to thanked him.

Generally I'm a pissed of at the world type of guy because I never see anything good in it. The last few month I've been feeling like everyone in the world is corrupt and down right rotten. This guy literally made my day and week a bit brighter. I think I learned something from this and I'm going to pass it on to someone else.
edit on 18-1-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

I love to see this because I know its true! I am sure we have all heard the saying violence begets violence well the same is true of kindness!
This is the main reason why the world is so screwed up! We have been dumping on each other for so long and look at each other as evil
and greedy that this seems to be all most of us know! don't think I'm saying all kindness is repaid the same way cause we know it's not but the majority will tend to reciprocate if given a chance! I believe most of us are products of our own environment! There are those that are born into loving, caring parents and siblings and end up finding it easy to show love, while they also find it hard to show hate!
Then there are those that are born to parents whom may be drug addicts or alcoholics who never know what love or kindness is and these children find it very easy to hate and hurt, while having no ability to show love! I am not saying that either of these environmental factors
can't be changed to their counterparts reality but it does take much time and love or pain to accomplish this task!
For most that are in the middle of the road there comes a time in life when we need to decide what kind of people we choose to be! Whether we are spiritually good or evil! Then there is the path of those that are lost and unsure where they choose to be! I believe that most of our world is in this purgatory of choice on where they want to be! Seeing so much unkindness and pain makes it very difficult to see the light of kindness and love! If only we could show each other more compassion and give in to our fear of being hurt and taken advantage of just to find the light of human kindness is worth the risk in my opinion! I don't mean for any of us to do things that are dangerous like picking up that unknown hitchhiker but when there is no risk of bodily injury and the only risk is to our pride it's worth showing some kindness to others! We might even be surprised by their reaction! Someday we may be on one side of this great truth or the other but
for our children to prosper there is no alternative but to face the truth that only love and kindness can set us free from the chains of hate and suffering! Please choose wisely!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There are people like that, and we can all do such things. You let him in, so he did you a kindness as well: "Do unto others" in action! Times we have pulled over to help a stranded motorist, and they wanted to PAY for the help, I simply said to just do somethign to help someone else later on.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

awesome.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This isn't exactly a "Random Act of Kindness" - but maybe my sudden and forced adjustment in perspective might be a lesson for someone.

About six months ago, I and everyone in my business unit, received an invitation to a conference call - nothing unusual there, that was pretty much a weekly event. On the call, a management-type succinctly told us that a business decision had been made, that our product lines were to be terminated, and that we should expect a call from our supervisors to discuss our futures. Then "click", dial-tone. Well, a half-hour later, I was informed I had the same "future" as everyone else - we were all laid-off, as of that day. Later that day, FedEx delivered paperwork to my home - and it wasn't a reprieve from the governor.

After working continuously for 32 years, that was it, I was unemployed, my health insurance was cancelled, just booted out the door.

Later that day, I went to the grocery store for some things, and I saw the local church doing a "grocery drive" for the needy. I immediately filled my cart up with food, paid for it, and loaded it all in their collection basket. The lady looked amazed, and thanked me profusely. Had she asked me "why", (she didn't), I would have answered:

"I was just laid-off. And for the first time in a long time, I remember what it's like to be afraid - afraid that you might not be able to take care of your family. It's an awful feeling, and I hope in some small way I can help someone cope with that fear."

I never did that when I was safely employed - I might drop an item or two in - but this was the first time I'd really gone out of my way.

Point being, don't wait until something bad happens to you before you appreciate how good you had it - and remember those who've had bad things happen to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join