It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Some Alien Worlds Be More Habitable Than Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

But would Mars be more habitable by then?

By this discussion and previous education I would have thought so.

I do know our moon plays a very important role in our particular life on this planet. A lack of moon means a lack of tides....does that also mean a lack of currents?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

crazyewok
Its a great point there could be planets with far more stable and weather systems. In fact its a garentee that somewhere a world exists like that.

Yep.

I imagine a totally tranquil but lifeless world covered in waveless a deep ocean.

I only say it might be lifeless because there's the thinking that life got going as a result of tidal pools on Earth.

Maybe with no major weather and no major tides (no moon) there would be no life?

We don't know. But I am dying to find out

edit on 18-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

LightAssassin

But would Mars be more habitable by then?

By this discussion and previous education I would have thought so.

I do know our moon plays a very important role in our particular life on this planet. A lack of moon means a lack of tides....does that also mean a lack of currents?

It could be. But the thing to remember is that Mars lost most of its atmosphere as a result of its core cooling and losing its magnetic field. Solar ions stripped away the atmosphere.

(the cooling of Mar's core is thought to be due to its small size more than its distance from the Sun.)

So it would be a warmer desert world but probably still a desert world because even if the water and CO2 that is trapped now as ice melted, eventually it would be stripped away when it entered a gaseous state and rose to the upper atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

JadeStar
Did you know we beamed the sound and electrical waveform of the vaginal contractions of several Boston ballet dancers to 4 nearby star systems (two of which have exoplanets, one of which has more than one planet in its habitable zone?)

Ummmm.....What?

I'm including the actual images and sounds (except for that first one) in the video too.

Why not?

Why did Mars core cool? Wasn't it already cold due to its distance from the Sun? Couldn't our Suns expansion warm Mars? Couldn't the melting Ice and evaporating waters help facilitate the natural creation of a new atmosphere?
edit on 18-1-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Do people biologically resonate with the Earth and does our position in the universe determine our experience of it?

I think theres bigger hurdles to climb before even considering weather or not we can live on Mars.

I remember an astronaut talking about why we haven't been to Mars and i remember him saying its because we havent figured out how to keep the body together (for lack of memory), but you get what im saying?

I think our universe experience is highly determined by our cosmic resonance and how and where were positioned in the universe. I dont know, call it electric or holographic universe or whatever you want hell even string theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

onequestion

S&F Jade.

I really think your super intelligent and after debating with you a few times i know for sure you are. Cool thread there isn't enough threads on ATS like this in the last 2 years since 2012.

I would love hear your ideas on theoretical and "speudo-scientific" ways of thinking if you could open up to it more. You could really bring a lot to the table. Thinking creatively can really help you get to know yourself and hey maybe youll discover something.

edit on 18-1-2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Oh i have a whole thread idea on this topic.

There's nothing wrong with creative thought. Science thrives on it. Speculation is wonderful and fun particularly if it plays by the rules of physics in this universe.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

LightAssassin

JadeStar
Did you know we beamed the sound and electrical waveform of the vaginal contractions of several Boston ballet dancers to 4 nearby star systems (two of which have exoplanets, one of which has more than one planet in its habitable zone?)

Ummmm.....What?

I'm including the actual images and sounds (except for that first one) in the video too.

Why not?

Think for a moment about what that particular exercise required... haha

Certainly sensors were involved that monitored contractions.
Which ballet dancers were these again and where might I contact them?

Thanks in advance. Haha!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with creative thought. Science thrives on it. Speculation is wonderful and fun particularly if it plays by the rules of physics in this universe.

Hmm. I agree but heres where we differ in thought possibly, its not the rules i don't agree with its our interpretation of the rules that i see as the variable.

Does that even make sense?

I look forward to that thread btw it might be interesting topic for an ATS Live show...
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago2931232014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I guess the final question is WHY? Why in the universe would we broadcast goddamn VAGINAL CONTRACTIONS!!!! Of all the things!!!!

....I'm perplexed beyond comprehension.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

LightAssassin
reply to post by JayinAR

I guess the final question is WHY? Why in the universe would we broadcast goddamn VAGINAL CONTRACTIONS!!!! Of all the things!!!!

....I'm perplexed beyond comprehension.

Haha!
Well, Jade could probably offer a better explanation, but I bet the dancers were outfitted with body suits covered in sensors for a cartoon or something like, in order to capture their movements for animation.

Then they got to tinkering with the data and found that those sensors around the inner thigh area gave off a nice mathematical signature, being the muscle group most used in ballet, then decided to set the stuff to music.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

JadeStar

LightAssassin

Ummmm.....What?

Yep. Joe Davis beamed an interstellar message towards Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani and two other nearby stars called "The Poetica Vaginal". It happened in 1986 at MIT.....

From the Scientific American article "Art as a Form of Life"

Davis himself had altogether different ideas about how science and art could be coaxed or forced together, ideas that have often made both professions uncomfortable. For seven years he championed a space shuttle experiment that would have shot a 100,000-watt electron gun into the magnetosphere to create the first artificial aurora. After selling his Harley to fund the design and touring the lecture circuit as the default spokesman for art in space, Davis finally persuaded the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to accept the payload, only to see it scuttled when the Challenger exploded.

No matter; he was already plotting other ways to make artistic use of high-voltage electricity and spacebound signals. In the early 1980s, he drew up plans for channeling lightning bolts into a pulsed laser of almost unparalleled energy and into towering sculptures that would change the bolts' color and emit incredibly loud tones—designs that also remain unbuilt, awaiting a sponsor. Later that decade, Davis led a quasi-covert operation that recorded the vaginal contractions of ballerinas with the Boston Ballet and other women, then translated this impetus of human conception into text, music, phonetic speech and ultimately into radio signals, which were beamed from M.I.T.'s Millstone radar to Epsilon Eridani, Tau Ceti and two other nearby star systems.

The Air Force soon found out about the million-watt Poetica Vaginal broadcast, as Davis calls it, and shut it down. But the 20-minute message was many times longer than the the first deliberate attempt to say hello to extraterrestrial ham radio operators, a string of 1,679 bits that Carl Sagan and Frank Drake beamed from the giant dish in Arecibo, Puerto Rico, 26 years ago. That message, like every engraved plaque and recorded video disk that NASA allowed on the Pioneer and Voyager space probes, made no attempt to convey what aliens would probably be most curious to know about humans: how we reproduce.

"The images of humans placed aboard the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft show impeccably groomed men that lack any facial and body hair," Davis hoots, "and women with no external genitalia." Poetica Vaginal was in part a response to this curious censorship. "By making this attempt to communicate with the other," he explains, "we're really communicating with ourselves."

They even made a movie about the "renegade biophysicist" who did it:

Anyone who thinks scientists are all sort of boring people doing boring things and always in agreement needs to watch that film and learn more about Joe Davis.

Some have called him the Nikolai Tesla of our time. Others just call him "crazy, mad".

I call him genius and I love him hehehe.

As someone who is a music minor and enjoys dancing I love when people mix science and art. The thing was, he was just getting started...

JadeStar

Why not?

Well, I don't know how to get in touch with Joe Davis to see if he even still has the recordings.

He has been penniless, despite being an affiliated lecturer at MIT he's almost been homeless several times, even though he speaks all over the world.

Like I said, he is very much like a Tesla of the 20th/21st century.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
duplicate post

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

onequestion

Do people biologically resonate with the Earth and does our position in the universe determine our experience of it?

That's a good question.

I'll let philosophers answer the first part.

The second part is a no-brainer, our position does determine somewhat how we perceive the universe. However, what science does is try to counteract that bias by using universal laws such as physics and chemistry.

Perhaps there is a universal law of biology? We do not know yet. But we're on our way there

I think theres bigger hurdles to climb before even considering weather or not we can live on Mars.

I remember an astronaut talking about why we haven't been to Mars and i remember him saying its because we havent figured out how to keep the body together (for lack of memory), but you get what im saying?

Right. I think you are thinking of Space Shuttle commander Deke Slayton. He was talking about it in the context of long duration space flight in microgravity.

Bone and muscle mass are depleted on long duration space flights unless there is careful and frequent exercise. This is due to the way the human body reacts to a microgravity environment.

Luckily, thanks to the international space station we know of exercises that help with this. We also know that if you rotate the spacecraft bound for Mars at a certain speed then you can generate a sort of artificial gravity (which is actually centripetal force).

I think our universe experience is highly determined by our cosmic resonance and how and where were positioned in the universe. I dont know, call it electric or holographic universe or whatever you want hell even string theory.

Ok. Well... like i said, that's well outside my area but it is an interesting idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Perhaps there is a universal law of biology? We do not know yet. But we're on our way there

Right, and is it possible that what im saying could refute all alien visitation to the earth, potentially im throwing this out there too but, potentially we cant travel that far into space due to the fact that our position in the universe fundamentally determines our physical structure based on your position and how its resonating with its envrionemnt?

I hope i said that right please ask for clarification.

Bone and muscle mass are depleted on long duration space flights unless there is careful and frequent exercise. This is due to the way the human body reacts to a microgravity environment.

Right and is that because of gravity or is because of a resonant frequency that we have with the planet? I know its suppose to be about gravity but please provide me with definite proof of that and how it was tested with scientific peer review if thats what your position confirms.

I mean that respectually but i have my own theory in development and im really curious to see how it plays out.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Refute all alien visitation to Earth?
Nah man. I mean sure, we gotta wear a space suit, but we can go to the moon, or mars if we wish.

I understand the point about being tuned to frequencies of the planet though. Some have speculated that when we travel long distances here in Earth in a plane that this is the source of jet lag, although I suspect it has more to do with radiation exposure myself.

At any rate, like everything else, you'd have to take your environment with you, but you could do it. Hence my first post in this thread...we need to find planets with an atmosphere like our own rather than a "super habitable" world. Super habitable =/= "good for humans".

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I went to far with the all statement, but refute all 3d physical alien life that may exist in the same physical plane we do. But other various forms life which are not yet represented here in a scientifically understood manner i dont know because i cant even fathom what they are let alone how they exist.

and

Isnt my enviornment a result of its position in the solar system/ universe and as such if we move our eviornment wouldnt that then change it?
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1031092014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago5131092014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

But it is always changing. At an extremely rapid pace I might add.

And again, we can go to the moon. Hell, if we wanted, we could go to Europa and check it out for ourselves. All we would need is some patience and some Earth air tanks.

The change in frequencies do seem to have an effect though. Astronauts report foggy memories of their experience outside our atmosphere, but they still did it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

We can go to the moon for short periods (allegedly) not saying i dont believe it just saying ive never been. I know that argument isnt valid.

What if the gravity is a causation of our location and we physically reonate with the location and its responsible for the enviornment?

That would mean that the further we get away from that causation the further we physically deteroriate no matter how much of enviornment we bring with us?

Think of it like this... if its a symphony and a note is off, a note note is out of place.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well of course gravity is the cause of us being here.
As noted earlier, life wasn't likely to develop here without the moon in place to act as a gravitational guide for our oceanic tides. Which result in weather patterns. Without the tides, the Earth would be dependant on other external forces such as the occasional meteorite or CME to disrupt the atmosphere to the point of a stabilized weather system allowing life to develop in the first place.

And yes, while it may be true that we need a grounding source for our sustenance off world, it will, in the future through quantum physics, be possible to carry a complete Earth signature with us into space through harmonic resonance. (Its cool that as our physics develops it gets closer and closer to the new age mumbo jumbo a lot of people shun)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Also, if you think on a fractal type scale, we need to be comparing galaxies to individual atoms to see a similarity. If certain galaxies can be shown to correspond to elemental atoms we MAY be able to find compatible worlds through simple chemistry AND jump straight there through a process of quantum entanglement

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join