It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was recently reading a book the star gate conspiracy and it talks of there possibly being a star gate it the Giza complex. The part that was the strangest and they never really told is if there where any chambers under the sphinx�s. I anyone has any info on discoveries and so on from the Giza complex from 2001 - present time please inform me.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
they're constantly digging near the pyramids and sphinx. But I dont think they've found anything interesting recently.

Btw, was that book, the star gate conspiracy any good? I bought it two weeks ago, but haven't read it yet...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I recently e-mailed Robert Bauval, and he said there has been nothing done under the sphynx since Dr. Hawass went down there on National TV. However, it is known that there are other chambers that have not been excavated yet...when they will be? Who knows...but they are there.

On a side note, supposedly this winter they will be punching through the 3rd "door" in one of the shafts (don't recall which one exactly) in the great pyramid. My guess is that there's probably 5 doors, similar to the roofs above the kings chamber. Just my guess, though.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Jaruseleh]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well I did heard in the news that scientist were using radar to find what it may be inside the sphinx and they think that is a burial chamber inside.

Now due to the conditions of the sphinx the egiptian government will not allowed anything that will endanger such an old monument.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Btw, was that book, the star gate conspiracy any good? I bought it two weeks ago, but haven't read it yet...

I�m to the point where they start talking about the possible link with the Giza complex and the pyramids on mars. but so far the book has been really good , a lot of conflict

I am quickly learning the more I get into mystery and archeology around the Giza complex that nothing is simple and as soon as you thing you have found the answer to one problem something else comes up and contradicts it

Jaruseleh what about that door they found in one of the shafts. The one they found with the robot. I think it was called Gantenbrink's door what ever came of that, did they ever open it?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes, that's the door I'm talking about. There are actually 2 more doors behind it fo a total of 3 (as of right now). Supposedly this winter (but probably spring or summer, 'cause that stuff always seems to get delayed), they are going to push through the 3rd door.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Man, stargate was a movie, why do people insist that it exists?

They've dug into the 'secret chambers beneath the sphinx' and the chambers weren't even there, they dug below the depth that they were supposed to be and there was nothing, just more ground.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Man, stargate was a movie, why do people insist that it exists?

Damn...beat me to it...

They've dug into the 'secret chambers beneath the sphinx' and the chambers weren't even there, they dug below the depth that they were supposed to be and there was nothing, just more ground.

Must have missed that...last I heard, the Egyptian government was refusing to allow this (I suspect it was "kill the mystery, hurt the tourist trade").... Any links supporting that? Just curious....thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well actually, the Great Pyramid IS a stargate, a stargate for the spirit of the dead king.

As Gazro pointed out, they havent dug under the Sphinx, they did some measurements with ground penetrating radar, and drilled a few holes, if I recall correctly.

Zahi Hawas thinks its more interesting/important to send small robotic cars into the shafts of the Great Pyramid, instead of digging under the Shpinx to recover the hall of records... *sighs*

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This famous Pyramid Text probably inspired the Stargate movie:

This text came from one of the tomb walls of the certain Fifth and Sixth Dynasty pyramids of Saqqara.

"The gate of the earth is open for you...may a stairway to the Duat be set up for you to the place where Orion is...
O king...the sky conceives you with Orion...the sky has borne you with Orion...
O king, be a soul like a living star...
The gate of the earth-god is open...may you remove yourself to the sky and sit upon your iron throne...
The aperture of the sky window is opened for you...
The doors of iron which are in the starry sky are thrown open for me, and I go through them..."

These texts also refer to "B'ja", which is considered 'the divine metal' and is usually related in one way or another to astonomy, to the stars and to the gods.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I had been watching a documentary about the sphinx, one that presented, amoung other things, the 'secret chamber' idea and the 'rain erosion' idea. Hawass explained that they did have two tunnels related to the sphinx. One behind the head, and anohter at the, er, butt. The'd gone thru both. Then he explained that someone had used ground penetrating type studies to find a 'chamber' underneath the paws, they agreed to dig, and found nothing.
It was a moderately recent documentary, it was either on "The Science Channel" or "History International". I have no idea what the name was tho.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Yes, that's the door I'm talking about. There are actually 2 more doors behind it fo a total of 3 (as of right now). Supposedly this winter (but probably spring or summer, 'cause that stuff always seems to get delayed), they are going to push through the 3rd door.

So far, as released to teh public, there are two doors in the south shaft. The 3rd door was discovered 2 years ago in the northern shaft.

top topics

join