It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget deal puts NASA's space exploration plans back on track

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
reply to post by JadeStar

Your telling me that Russia hasn't been taking out people to and from the space station?
Keeping the station supplied?

Space x was born out of the need for new tech.
As most of the space shuttle design dates back a few decades at least.

Space x won a contest years ago for their innovative design of a reusable manned space craft.

They are also a private company built for profit. As where NASA and its vehicles are not.

Either way progress is progress. Better to move forward than stand still.

And thats why space x will do the job better, they are run for profit. They have a better reason to keep costs down.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

SimonPeter
reply to post by lostbook

Where is the money coming from for this debacle ? Is this the final tactic to kill our economy ? Where is it we need to go ?

Here you have the type of person who will kill America and the west.

You see while you are spending money on everything but space, china and russia will be doing the opposite, do you what that means? Probably not as you cant see it already. What it means is they will get access to all the resources leaving you far behind as a backwater nation.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

tencap77
great. now we can launch twice as many useless rovers to a useless planet called mars. wow. guess we'll have a manned spaceflight capability again. super. using 1960's technology. anyway, when nasa ever gets around to doing something constructive like maybe assembling a REAL spaceship in orbit, let me know. maybe they can use that piece of dung, the ISS for spare parts. it's the only thing that it's good for! thank goodness for the B-37B space bomber the only space technology we posses right now that MEANS anything. hopefully we'll get away from this whole 'international' way of looking at space and go back to the way it should be, u.s., and everybody else. glad we built our spacebomber first. playing catch-up in space is always a b*ll buster !

edit on 1182014 by tencap77 because: spelling and the sure knowledge nasa will blow this cash on stupid science stuff again. space is about winning, not science.

What a sad narrow little way of looking at things.

Soon as you withdraw from the international space agreements watch how quickly Russia and China will panick and try and put up there own version of the SDI program . You sir would have just caused another arms race.

Clever!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

SimonPeter
reply to post by lostbook

There is a whole lot of hurt coming down the road and you want to 3D food . Have you kept up with the National News at all ? Have you not seen that China our biggest loan holder has started to divest it's self of our debt . The Fed has looted our treasury . I guess you think the Fed is not a completely privately owned Banking system owned by the same ones who have their hands into the IMF and World Bank . Have you even read about how the Gold reserves of the big banks are not there . Germanys 600 tons of Gold stored at the NY Fed can not be returned to them . Venezuela's 99 tons of gold is missing from JP Morgan in the Bank of England . This is the same all over .What has happened to the Gold ,and why should be your mission .
There are more important missions here on earth .

You do know NASA budget is 0.5 % of national spending. Cutting it wouldnt do f all.

If you want something to cut id look at your overbloated armed forces!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Really ! With all of the hundreds of Billions we have spent what have we got for it ? What if we spent that same money exploring the oceans recourses where we could more likely mine minerals and cheaper . 7 miles at most of water to the sea bed or 36 million miles to someplace we will never be able to go which would most likely be possible ?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

SimonPeter

Really ! With all of the hundreds of Billions we have spent what have we got for it ? What if we spent that same money exploring the oceans recourses where we could more likely mine minerals and cheaper . 7 miles at most of water to the sea bed or 36 million miles to someplace we will never be able to go which would most likely be possible ?

Whatever you are obviosly a closed minded little person stuck in his ways and cant be reasoned with.

Guess what no one here cares what you have to say. Bleat somewere else.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I do hope you would take a look at the viability of the US Dollar and how it has become most unpopular through out the world as it is viewed as insolvent . Your open-minded views might be better guided to stabilize our currency rather than creating more debt to further diminish it's worth . I do know that it means money will flow and you might get a piece of it but that will be a fleeting thing that you will pay for later . Doesn't really mean a thing to me because this house of cards is being torn down by design of the money masters . Such will become the full creation of the NWO so go ahead and knock your self out .

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Just so you know our solar system is supsected of being able to support 10 quadrillion people. So if we want to avoid over population then thats where we need to go.

But Im guessing your some far right extrmist that lives off a dog eat dog life style and dreams of a desolate waste land earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
One thing for sure is that major changes are coming related to Space and Space infrastructure. First, there was the Industrial revolution now comes the Space revolution. I think it's already been decided behind closed doors.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One of the changes I would like to see is NASA and Allied countrys merging there space programs more. ESA, NASA and JAXA would make a powerfull team. Look at the ISS, the most valuble thing behind that was international co-operation. Pooling resources and goels would go a long way.

Of course the Russian and Chinese agencys may be abit of a "difficulty" seeing as they are not really "allied" but the countrys behind ESA,NASA and JAXA are all part of a very steady and stable political alliance and theres not much classified information that either dont know.

A international space Agency would be a huge step.
edit on 20-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hmmm

10 "quadrilion"...
Is that even a word?!?

As far as i know, mars is the only other planet
exept earth thats accually "capable" of sort of
supporting human life...But i doubt "quadrilion"
would fit...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Miccey
Hmmm

10 "quadrilion"...
Is that even a word?!?

As far as i know, mars is the only other planet
exept earth thats accually "capable" of sort of
supporting human life...But i doubt "quadrilion"
would fit...

I think its more the resources it can support rather than actual space to fit. Though building orbital orbital habitats ect, there likley enough materials to build a far number of stations. And Im not talking ISS tin can stations.

Plus you have a number of moons as well that could be inhabited .

Figures from John S. Lewis Mining the Sky: Untold Riches from the Asteroids, Comets, and Planets.
edit on 20-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join