It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I saw "Ball Lightning" yesterday morning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lately weather has been pretty strange here in Alaska. It just dumped snow on us last week and now its suddenly nearly 50 degrees Fahrenheit, pouring rain and causing some seriously nasty road conditions.

yesterday morning on my way to work I spotted something in the sky. Initially I thought it was a really bright star that looked out of place. then briefly I thought it must be a plane. As I got closer the realization hit, it was definitely not a star, or a plane

It was a very bright blue, orb like object that was either moving really slow or stationary. As I got even closer this thing broke in two, a smaller orb seemed to trail the larger one.

At this point my heart was pounding, I could not take my eyes off the thing and traffic was piling up behind me. I pulled over at the first side road, and almost got stuck turning around but it was too late and I had lost sight of my mysterious blue orb.

So I was really hyped up for awhile, it made me all anxious. At first I was thinking UFO, or Fireball......

later that evening I was telling my wife the story and a fleeting thought occurred to me...."maybe it was ball lightning?"

I didn't even really know what ball lightning was and had never seen any photos, but I must of heard of it somewhere...

concluding, this morning at work I googled "ball lightning" and many of the images are strikingly similar to what I saw, and the weather has been odd...

(sorry if this seemed kind of like I was in a hurry, i am, i'm at work, but i had to share...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: grammer

edit on 18-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: grammer

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
sorry I failed, I was trying to post some pics that resembled what i saw, which have me convinced ball lightning is what I witnessed. however, in the OP I posted a link to the definition, which I find very interesting, IMO this may account for many UFO and orb sightings.

edit on 18-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: fail

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

This may seem odd, but I would say that the odds are that you witnessed a genuine UFO/orb (one of ours?) and not "ball lightning."

My reasoning is simple, UFOs and seemingly intelligently controlled "orbs" of various sizes are frequently seen. That rate of frequency rate is far in excess to cases of proven ball lightning.

Why not call it a UFO? Being an unknown, strange object in the sky, if correctly fits the official category of the terminology and you have no justifiable reason to label it "ball lightning" unless you are a UFO skeptic.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yeah, i was really thinking UFO as in extraterrestrial at first. That's why I got so excited.

Definitely not a skeptic, which is why I'm always looking up. (this is actually my second UFO sighting, in the same general area, only the last one was orange/amber and definitely moving)

It's just after viewing images of "ball lightning" on Google I'm leaning towards that's what i saw.

Also to support my theory, as I mentioned before, the weather here has seriously been peculiar.

However you're right the generic term UFO is what it will always be because I can't go back in time.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, I have seen ball lightning, it wasn't blue or bluish, it was red to orange and fizzled and crackled in the sky, it travelled transversely from West to East until out of sight and followed on from a huge lightning bolt and thunderclap, and after that the heavens opened with rain for a very short time.
So I consider that my ball lightning was not in a plasma state, but something else.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's not at all certain what ball lightning is, and many BL sightings are difficult to differentiate from 'ufo orbs', 'earthlights' etc. Here's what I think is an excellent paper by Peter van Doorn, director of the BL division of the Tornado and Storm Research Organisation (Torro) here in the UK: www.torro.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
On my first trip to Tennessee is where I saw Ball lightening. I was standing on a porch, of an old house, on a forty acre tract that was planted with a lot of corn. It was a massive thunder and lightening storm that came through. I was mesmerized.
The lightening hit the ground hard and then "bounced" like a ball. It was bright orange and red. It made several large balls and it all hit in the corn. I started seeing my friend's corn go up in flames just before a huge rain came through and put it all out.
Interestingly or not, there are a lot of caves in the area. The area also has a big paranormal history with lots of unusual things in the sky and ghosts being seen. I jus took it all in as a weather phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smcneil01

To my knowledge ball lightning is a phenomena associated with thunderstorms. And i have my doubts about any thunderstorms around Alaska at this time of the year.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lithops

Nope, but there was apparently rare lightning happening 90 miles away in Seward.

Also, whether it's just part of a cycle or not, the weather here has been pretty weird due to the "polar vortex" and all that.

It feels like summer is coming early for us.

In the definition I provided i'm pretty sure it states that ball lightning may appear with or without an actual thunderstorm happening.

sorry, like usual i'm at work so I have to rush through these replies.

thanks for the input

edit on 27-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: GRAmmer

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by GoShredAK

This may seem odd, but I would say that the odds are that you witnessed a genuine UFO/orb (one of ours?) and not "ball lightning."

My reasoning is simple, UFOs and seemingly intelligently controlled "orbs" of various sizes are frequently seen. That rate of frequency rate is far in excess to cases of proven ball lightning.

Why not call it a UFO? Being an unknown, strange object in the sky, if correctly fits the official category of the terminology and you have no justifiable reason to label it "ball lightning" unless you are a UFO skeptic.

just re-reading your post and wanted to apologize if my first response seemed kind of rude, not at all intended.

anyway, as the days have passed I'm now wondering if what I witnessed wasn't "ball lightning" then what the hell was it?!

The only possibilities I can come up with are; extraterrestrial, spiritual, paranormal, or ball lightning......so what the heck? I know I saw something and it sure as hell wasn't normal....freakin weird I tell ya!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

'haarp' being mega call towers (3MW), or whatever other EM weapon / DEW is currently being used (SBX-1, etc.):
www.youtube.com...

In that video we see the formation of ball lightning, the same as the earthquake trial run in Mexico:

'haarp' attempting to erupt the volcano:
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
It originates from the volcano, as a very tiny sphere. It lights off at 42 seconds.

It makes me believe that all / most UFOs are actually powered by haarp, or other EM weapons / DEWs, and are merely ultralight antennas.

The occult warning Russia, not to 'interfere':
www.youtube.com...

The Oaxaca Earthquake / Tsunami started 43 miles down. The ionosphere is about 46 miles up. Even without 'advanced' methods you could still use simple capacitive heating to heat a fault line to trigger an Earthquake. That said, there is very clear evidence of somewhat advanced technology being used:

Mexico City Ball Lightning attempt (after first earthquake off the coast). Results in very slight earthquake; most of the fault line's energy was already spent on the earthquake off the coast:

www.youtube.com...

Here you can see large plasma streamer coming off of one corner of the tower. This was during the successful 7.1 earthquake:
www.youtube.com...

They had been 'heating' the fault line the entire time between the first attempt, and the second 7.1 earthquake. That's how evil they are.

The Ball Lightning immediately after the Oaxaca Earthquake / Tsunami is clearly the cause for the following reasons:
It reappears in substantially the same area (assuming a weapon targeting over great distance) ~a half dozen times in each area.
They all decay at the same rate.
They are the color of an excimer laser (nitrogen excitation), or an odd color, few of them look like standard 'lightning'.
No sound, no shrapnel, power is still on.
They are mid air.
Typically one at a time (weapon has limited power).

Fukushima lights (ball lightning):

www.youtube.com...

Which also means, they caused the Fukushima meltdowns.

They certainly steered the hurricane toward Houston:
www.youtube.com...

I'm curious how fast they can move ball lightning across the sky:
www.youtube.com...

I love the music for that one.

It wouldn't be difficult to suck in air from underneath, and push it out of the 'rim' of the saucer.

Since the atacama humanoid was merely heavily mutated HUMAN dna (~10%). I believe it is true, and correct that they are merely trying to create a slave class of beings that look like 'ETs', and roll them out to run the world; cause they're 'superior'.

He looks like he was shot in the head with a bb, and left in the desert to dessicate:
www.youtube.com...

Please watch this shill piece in it's entirety. I will state that Greer doesn't seem shill-like, he seems convinced. The lady in his life as of the documentary seems to be a monarch style handler, as does the lady in the hotel room of the Alex Jone's documentary dark secrets of the bohemian grove. I'm starting to be concerned that Jone's is a shill, or at least went through monarch; no mention of ball lightning, no mention of cannibalism...more important now, than ever.

Greer was exposed to cancer that took the life of two team members, which had to be intentional at this point.

There is no way that rockefeller ever backed anything decent.
Some UFOs, and crop circles have had odd ionization of the air (would also explain why they don't land), and severe burns of surrounding vegetation due to high temperature plasma.
My favorite part was the 'prophet yaweh' who could summon ufo's by 'prayer'. To bad he 'died' of a heart attack. I couldn't stop laughing at that one. I guess you don't live forever fake yaweh.

Completely human dna, just highly mutated (the sirius documentary claimed it wasn't human):
www....(nolink)/scientist-says-atacama-humanoid-is-human-but-still-a-mystery-988/20405

'haarp' playlist:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join