It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q.S.E.T.I. or My Concept Drawing for a Quantum Crystal Radio to Detect Extra-terrestrial Communicati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

hellobruce

The "crystal" in a "crystal radio" simply acts as a half wave rectifier.

That initially occurred to me as well because a classic crystal radio uses a crude crystal rectifier (initially galena but any small signal diode will work) to 'detect' the low frequency audio modulation on an AM carrier wave. Crude as you can get but it works so well - for AM signals that is. Because of the RF noise in the cosmos, AM would be an extremely poor choice for comms in space so FM is a much better proposition in terms of noise immunity because there are far less sources of natural FM noise.

This project needn't be based on diamonds as I think quartz has possibilities and we have a lot of experience in 'cutting' quartz for a wide range of frequencies already. The proposal would find small variation patterns in the natural frequency of the crystals so it would pick up on FM signals, even modulation techniques we haven't thought of yet may make themselves known.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windcalmer

I don't have to worry about tuning the diamonds. They are tuned to a specific frequency by the initial charge. The charge tunes them. Like in the quantum experiment: physicscentral.com...

There's two diamonds -- no tuning of any kind -- and when the same charge is sent through them they are tuned to be quantum entangled, as the second pulse of laser energy and observations of it show.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

NiZZiM
reply to post by Saucerking

I think to listen in on any other quantum radio you'd need to be entangled with that radio such as you need your two particles initially in the same spot to entangle them then separate them. so you can't really tune in to a frequency. could be wrong tho that's just how I interpret it.

I've wondered about that myself. However if that's so, then how did the two diamonds, their particles not in the same spot, become quantum entangled in the experiment?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Pilgrum

That initially occurred to me as well because a classic crystal radio uses a crude crystal rectifier (initially galena but any small signal diode will work) to 'detect' the low frequency audio modulation on an AM carrier wave. Crude as you can get but it works so well - for AM signals that is. Because of the RF noise in the cosmos, AM would be an extremely poor choice for comms in space so FM is a much better proposition in terms of noise immunity because there are far less sources of natural FM noise.

This project needn't be based on diamonds as I think quartz has possibilities and we have a lot of experience in 'cutting' quartz for a wide range of frequencies already. The proposal would find small variation patterns in the natural frequency of the crystals so it would pick up on FM signals, even modulation techniques we haven't thought of yet may make themselves known.

My proposal has nothing to do with radio waves of any kind.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

It's not a radio. It's a quantum radio. It doesn't pick up radio waves and turn them into sound. It is, hopefully, built to tap into quantum entangled communications from extra-terrestrial sources. The information, if there is any, is relayed via a laser beam hitting a sensor. If there are any results, it could be turned into a sound using the patterns recorded. Could be an alien voice, could be a scattered rapid transmission of digital data. Sort of if you tapped into somebody's optical cable going into their house and tried to make sense of it. But that's if it works. Who knows? It's only an idea right now.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Saucerking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

hellobruce

Saucerking
A crystal radio set works because the crystal vibrates to certain frequencies because of the radio waves in the air.

No it does not. The "crystal" in a "crystal radio" simply acts as a half wave rectifier.

en.wikipedia.org...

I see I should have written crystal radio oscillator of crystal oscillator in radios. That's what I was thinking of. That's the thing that operates in a way comparable in some ways to my proposal. I'm just typing up replies to these things so fast -- I really should take a little time to read what I wrote before I post. Sorry for the confusion this has caused for ATS members hellobruce and others.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

JayinAR
The communication would be instantaneous. As quickly as you could retune the crystal. With a computer providing the calculations you could broadcast on multiple frequencies at once. It would be exactly like binary where a certain frequency produces a 1 (on) and any other frequency on the receiving end would result in a 0.

I really like this idea.
With enough sensors you could create an almost instantaneous search across all frequencies for anyone else who has figured out QE communication.

Thanks! Yeah, there's all kinds of possibilities here. Great ideas! First it has to be proven at the most basic level to see if anything is picked up at all, or if this concept of mine is a load of crap. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am by no means a licensed professional in this EA*RTH field of study OP, but do find the concept interesting so here is some input from 1...

Radial mounted diamonds of different shape -size -clarity -convex or concave.
Each has a center point where a laser(s) comes in contact with. The radial design is so that the mount can spin (from lasers hitting sides of reflective mounts) which will allow different frequencies to be emitted per mounted diamond.
So if 10 diamonds of different characteristic design where mounted you can change patterning in frequency by contacting laser to all 10 diamonds or stagger diamonds 13579 pattern out of 10. Spinning the radial mount left to right, @ different speeds perhaps making code...

The output of the laser beam after entering the backside of diamonds mounted on first radial mount or RM1 would come out of front of diamonds in contact with and taper down into further placed radial mounted diamonds RM2 then RM3 down scaled from taper until entering final exit point of RM3 and hitting last diamond group that may at end of taper be in line, so beam passes thru 1 or more inline diamonds after taper point as it then exits emitter...

Lasers needed to cause radial mounts to spin at different paces all left all right or mixed left and right @ different speeds making various signals outputs or frequencies.

Lasers also needed to enter conical material/crystal top point then amplified to exit conical material/crystal base. Base diameter of cone close to or equal to diameter of first diamond radial mount. Between each mount is taper point mechanism where laser is aimed after RM to match center of diamond Radial Mount in front of it, after last radial mount taper point concentrates laser beam into vortex to enter inline diamonds before exit of signal.

Not sure how this all can work but different laser energy input along with radial speeds may allow for various frequencies and signals.

Good luck OP

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Also OP is the idea to transmit then hope for the transmission to be observed and then await a similar transmission to be sent back for detection? Do you need the emitted transmission or beam to stay on for the response to be detected or just the sensors?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Saucerking

JayinAR
The communication would be instantaneous. As quickly as you could retune the crystal. With a computer providing the calculations you could broadcast on multiple frequencies at once. It would be exactly like binary where a certain frequency produces a 1 (on) and any other frequency on the receiving end would result in a 0.

I really like this idea.
With enough sensors you could create an almost instantaneous search across all frequencies for anyone else who has figured out QE communication.

Thanks! Yeah, there's all kinds of possibilities here. Great ideas! First it has to be proven at the most basic level to see if anything is picked up at all, or if this concept of mine is a load of crap. Thanks for posting!

Only thing is, this time, if you build it, don't be a damn idiot and broadcast our planet's information right off the bat like they did with the plaque on the Voyager Probe.

Let's be smart about it all and act like we have been here before.

Besides, they are likely to have a "freshman forum" type system for universal communication anyways.

The prudent thing to do is walk in like a boss. Seriously

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Actually man, if I understand this all correctly, there will be no waiting. One should see all communications across the cosmos come flooding in.

Double slit experiment my ass. You wouldn't be able to make sense of the confusion initially.

You would need a pretty wide array of crystals. More than the OPs diagram shows. You wanna isolate all of the possible frequencies. But you would wanna start with those SETI uses now. Prime numbers in mathematical sequence, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I see so it would be like expecting there to already be existing transmissions sent between communication potentials and EA*RTH would attempt to intercept existing transmissions why sending an EA*RTH broadcast. 1 agrees it would be wise to acknowledge what is shared from here to add safety incase. Although it would seem predictable that some would have tracer tech to track origin points of transmissions...

Thanks for sharing JayinAR

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Let me think right out side of the box:

Could the results of the double slit experiment already be an example of some kind of communication or beacon?
Has anyone ever actually put the distribution results to any kind of analysis (aka as basic as a kind of bar code reader?)
Or somehow cross referencing / dividing / integrals of etc..
Double slit /2^2
Triple slit /3^3
Quad slit/ 4^4
And look for variances dependent upon various polarizations?

Sumfin like that ???

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Easier solution for you, make a monopole, preferably out of sintered nanoscale Cobalt (for field uniformity) that is also hollow and geometrically exact so that it produces a uniform null field space. On the interior of the monopole place 2 dielectric spheres that are insulated and isolated from each other but one is contained within the other. Mount the pair of spheres in the exact center and they can be supported with thin plastic rods. The outer sphere is the 4 dimensional wave coupler (the wave function is an undulating sphere contained within the null space, the form acts as a PLL for tunneling information) and the inner sphere is the transmitter/receiver which is half duplex and orthogonal in this model. Frequency inject the outer sphere with 30,303,030 hz (a Plessey 400mhz digital programmable PLL will do the trick) then measure/record the output of the inner sphere. Don't be too surprised if you find data envelopes that contain unresolvable data.

Actually, not exactly easy, but doable ;-)

One of the reasons that scientists believe we are not seeing RF information from other planets in our local space, say a radius of 300 light years, is that civilizations only emit RF for a very short period of time, maybe 100 to 300 years before they advance into quantum communication that exploits ER/EPR and BEC type solutions (quantum gateway emulation). QGE systems have the appearance of faster than light communication due to the manner in which they create spatial compression over vast distances, basically this is quantum tunneling of information.

You can find out more information on this kind of process by researching Einstein-Rosen, Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen and Bose-Enstein Condensates and their solutions. Michio Kaku also had some excellent ideas in the one good book he wrote called "Hyperspace." You can also look up Bell's Theorem and/or "spooky interaction at a distance" and recent photon experiments confirming same in the last 20 years or so.

Have fun and be careful what you wish for ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/19.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I was watching the movie Contact last night. They had a good radio. Yours is ok... but, I'd hate to build a spaceship to go visit aliens that contacted us and then find out we are in different dimensions. You might pick up more then you ask for.

There is a guy using your experiment at NASA. Dr. Harold White. Except he uses it to detect warp field disturbances. I think they are trying to make a photon move from point A to point C without passing through point B, assuming they are linear. I'd utilize starlight if using for alien detection. a starlight=-laser prism?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Great hypothesis and hardware ideas, but related to communications, i don't understand how the diamonds would be 'entangled' in the first place between the sender/receiver, isnt that the point of entanglement?
Would your instrumentation be some kind of an 'interference' or 'disturbance' 'detector' instead?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Something to consider also would be to have a sensor on the back side of your crystal to be able to receive images.

I could see a scenario where folks have figured out how to send images through a radio.

Otherwise how would you be able to show others where you are, or what you look like?
edit on 21-1-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join