It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q.S.E.T.I. or My Concept Drawing for a Quantum Crystal Radio to Detect Extra-terrestrial Communicati

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hypothesis: The SETI radio signal approach to searching for ET Intelligences is deeply flawed in concept and astronomically inefficient in practice. Quantum entanglement of macroscopic diamonds in recent physics experiments point to the future of communication in quantum entangled crystals. It is reasonable to assume that advanced extra-terrestrials will be using quantum entangled crystals for their communication. Therefore a logical approach to searching for intelligent extra-terrestrial life would be to create a charged crystal that is quantum entangled to a frequency, to look for anomalies in the signal beam of a laser passed through it. The frequency must be tuneable to make it viable so that it may search up and down the band of frequencies at which the crystal may be charged.

For references on my thinking yesterday on this topic and how I came to envision this concept, please refer to my initial thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
For easy to read references to the new science technology base being used, the following link will help: physicscentral.com...

So I thought about this as I was eating breakfast and thought I'd do a quick concept drawing this morning and post here to see what the ATS community thinks. If anybody has been following my posts so far, you can see that I'm not at all interested in wasting time developing paranormal experiments using fantasy assumptions without any real science as their foundation. In the case of this new idea I have, the Quantum Crystal Radio, the foundations are laid by authentic published scientific experiments in quantum entanglement of macroscopic diamonds.

In any case, here's the drawing I did this morning:

In case you can't read my printing, the six points are:

1) Diamonds are charged with an initial charge laser beam to a vibrational frequency
2) Laser then emits a second low energy beam through the still vibrating diamonds. The signal beam.
3) Sensors pick up the beams with the charge beams removed / filtered out from the signal beam. (not written in the description is that these are separate beams in sequence -- the diamond is charged with the initial beam, then a new lower power beam is shot through the diamond)
4) The distances of each diamond from the laser source must be calculated to be staggered so that a continuous stream of signal beam can be put together from a repeating charge tuning / signal beam cycle.
5) The Quantum Crystal Radio is tuned to different frequencies by variations in the vibrational charging part of the cycle. Variations and/or pulses in the signal beam data (if any) can be analyzed for intelligent patterns.
6) As the future of communication points to quantum entangled crystals. (sic) The Q.C.R. is designed to be a receiver for E.T.'s already using this technology at a far more advanced stage.

It is a crude quantum crystal radio set which, hopefully, will at some frequencies be tuned to entanglement with other crystals in use for communication elsewhere. The hypothesis.

Now this is an extremely rapid cycling process. In the experiments, they probed the vibrational state of the diamonds by sending a second, ultrafast, laser probe pulse within about 0.35 picoseconds (0.35 trillionths of a second) from the initial laser pulse. So this isn't garage physics (I don't think -- maybe it's possible?). And I'm talking about a continuous cycling so that we may obtain a steady stream of data of the second laser probe pulse. It may require, depending on how long it takes to charge the diamonds to the vibrational frequency, more than just 4 diamonds in order to eliminate any gaps in the signal.

What do you think of this idea?

Ideally, if it works, we will be able to listen in to all manner of alien communication form just about anywhere. Only one confirmed intelligent communication is required to verify success for the experiment / machine.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Saucerking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
How will you overcome the fact that light acts as both particles and waves?
That neither can be witnessed at the same time.
The double slit experiment.
The observer theory.

Its an interesting thought. I'm going to stick around a while and see where this goes.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You do realize that lasers are monochromatic, right? They are at one frequency. The emission is also photons. If you have a gas laser, some can be tuned, but again the output is light.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Yes, light is all I'm looking for. That lasers are monochromatic is great. Making the source laser a gas laser is good idea, otherwise the laser source will have to be interchangeable. We are only testing one frequency at a time to see if there are any anomalies or interruptions in its transmission to the sensor. Deliberate patterns indicating intelligent manipulation.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Either a wave or a particle reaching the sensor will work. We're just looking for breaks, some sort of binary digital code, any anomalies. Perhaps communication can be done by being able to flip, separate, or combine the wave and particle action of photons? Might we see something like that happening with an intelligent pattern to it? That's some pretty wild speculation. I'll have to think about that one. Don't know if there's anything to that.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerking

The only real issue i have with your design is that it operates at the speed of light.

That is horribly slow on a grand cosmic scale.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If it actually works, it's a mechanism that uses light to detect instantaneous quantum crystal communication by extraterrestrial intelligences. We're just intelligent monkeys trying to catch a glimpse of evidence that they exist with this experiment. That we are restricted to the speed of light doesn't really matter at this stage.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well i was getting a bit ahead of myself. Your talking proof of concept.
I was seeing the bigger picture.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I take it your radio would rely on quantum entanglement to function, two particle thus entwined and so on?

I think what your are describing sounds a whole lot like a fictitious device called an Ansible. Star and flag for attempting to design such a thing, the world needs more people like you!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think this may help you. Your design sounds more like the double slit experiment than a radio.
Link
This explains how to leave both the particle and wave superimposed on each other.

You need an outside source of light to detect the intelligence from.

We can already transmit data over light. Take fiber optics as an example.

But if you built a detector and a laser transmitter x2 you could expand on your premise.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If we assume there actually are races out there with advanced communication capabilities, the distances involved pretty much rule out the use of 'radio' as we know it or even light beams IE all EMR comms systems are very much useless except for very local application due to the intolerable time delays. We might detect a signal produced by a civilization at a similar stage of development to where our technology is now but be unable to reply to it unless the source was within our own solar system.

Still, experimentation is what leads to advances so let's keep at it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It's a crude detector to capture a glimpse of the transmissions between Ansibles elsewhere. If they exist. But it's a one-way Ansible, and obviously we wouldn't be able to join in on any conversation or data transmission. Like SETI is set up for old-fashioned radio signal detection, QSETI would be set up for cutting-edge quantum entanglement communication detection.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I use the analogy of a crystal radio set (which only receives, not sends). A crystal radio set works because the crystal vibrates to certain frequencies because of the radio waves in the air.

The Quantum Crystal Radio I'm proposing operates by creating a vibration in the diamond by charging it up with the laser, then sending a quick second laser pulse through it while it's still vibrating and observing the resulting laser light that reaches the sensor from the second pulse. There is only a brief moment in time where the diamond will be vibrating, so the time the laser shooting through the diamond on the second pulse is extremely brief. This is why the machine I propose requires multiple diamonds on a rotating cycle so that we might observe the illusion of a continuous capture without gaps in the time when an individual diamond is being recharged.

We are dealing with macroscopic diamonds or 1mm and correspondingly large laser beams. Singular photons are not as important when we're dealing at a macroscopic scale. If they act as a wave or a particle isn't of a lot of importance.

All we're looking to observe is whether we have a uniform beam at the sensors from the secondary pulses when we factor out any noise the machine itself might be introducing into the system.

Simply put, if we have a solid dot of red (or whatever laser colour) over a given period of time read by the sensors when the data is collected and pieced together, then we have no signal at that frequency of diamond vibration. If it wavers or varies or cuts in and out like a digital binary signal, and that anomaly can't be explained away, then we have something to investigate and we repeat the experiment at that frequency a number of times to see if it happens again. And, just like SETI, we investigate into whether there is any intelligent ordering to the signal.

We are looking to temporarily tap into the quantum entanglement of another set of crystal structures (diamonds, presumably) being used just about anywhere. We're trying to wiretap.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I think to listen in on any other quantum radio you'd need to be entangled with that radio such as you need your two particles initially in the same spot to entangle them then separate them. so you can't really tune in to a frequency. could be wrong tho that's just how I interpret it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
if you want to attract the attention of space aliens, i think using super-advanced technology and science guy thinking is ok, and should be pursued, but we need to cover all the reasons space aliens might want to slow down and check out our little spunky solar system. in thath light i propose we build a new mars rover, that only does one thing. carves the surface of mars into a GIANT STUKEY'S SIGN. neone that big will definitely get some attention and if your a space alien thats been bizzing across quadrillions of miles of the ether, you might be about due for a restroom break and a cheeseburger. and who makes the best cheeseburgers? angry monkeys, thats who. good luck with the quantum kajigger and all the science guy stuff. i researching neon gas and carving with nukes right now. !

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Your radio doesn't have a speaker.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Saucerking
A crystal radio set works because the crystal vibrates to certain frequencies because of the radio waves in the air.

No it does not. The "crystal" in a "crystal radio" simply acts as a half wave rectifier.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
But what if the extra terrestrials have a system where frequency's of every range are occupied so that you cant decipher whether or not there is any differences from anything else. Also look at our encryption we have in our day to day communications with our technology, and how it has increased in complexity. Even if we did find something, it would most likely be a bunch of random indecipherable gibberish to us.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This kinda reminds me of an old GI penny radio. Sounds like a good theory. Are you planning on trying to make one? One thing though is how would you go about matching the resonance frequency of each diamond? Or would you just tune each one independently?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The communication would be instantaneous. As quickly as you could retune the crystal. With a computer providing the calculations you could broadcast on multiple frequencies at once. It would be exactly like binary where a certain frequency produces a 1 (on) and any other frequency on the receiving end would result in a 0.

I really like this idea.
With enough sensors you could create an almost instantaneous search across all frequencies for anyone else who has figured out QE communication.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join