It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why China Must Start a War.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

We don't mainly because the other people who shop there tend to be so rude.

However, there are plenty of people who would be hurt. I'm thinking of people like my parents who live on a fixed income and rely on being able to buy things at a price they can afford. They also live in rural areas where the ability to save money on gas by getting a one-stop shop is very important to them when they drive 30 to 40 minutes to shop and gas ain't getting cheaper, either.

I am by no means defending Walmart, but I am warning you not to underestimate the amount of pain this could cause.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I have to disagree. the USA gets 80% of it's consumable goods from China. Ever see what happens at Walmart on Black Friday? Or more recently, the chemical spill back east that affected 300,000 people. All the stores were out of bottled water in minutes and the National Guard had to be called out to supply water.

Now imagine the bum rush on the stores when China says no more to the USA.... People would kill each other over anything left on the shelves.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I'm thinking of when they discovered no limits on their EBTs due to a compater error.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah that said a lot, all those folks should have been jailed for theft. They knew they were stealing and IMO they are the very definition of Useless Eaters.

I am all for helping out the unfortunate but those that stole that cash should be removed form the program, permanently.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Two things:

1) The Chinese have no ability to project their force (boots on the ground) anywhere in the west at this time. This is not likely to change overnight, and any large-scale construction would be obvious from orbit.

2) As you pointed out -- many of China's billionaires (and millionaires) live overseas. While the power resides in the west, the west has little to fear from China. Also -- war with the west would erase most of the wealth of these monied individuals, which is the best disincentive to "war" ever.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

You are talking about a conventional war. I am talking about an economic war. One BTW that is already being waged by China.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

How much of their trade is business with the US and its allies? They will never "cut that off" voluntarily. To do so would mean internal war with its own "middle-class."

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would also say that there are reports that Chinese billionaires are getting their families and themselves out of China. There could be plenty of reasons why they are doing this, but if they believe that China is headed for war, then that would be part of it.

It's also been on the radar for a while that Chinese tourists in Australia like to buy and take home as much powdered milk as they can get their hands on. Again, there could be plenty of reasons for this, but aren't we supposed to stockpile powdered milk as a hedge against nuclear war? If the Chinese really feel that war is inevitable, then taking home powdered milk also makes sense in that context. After all, I could think of better things to bring home from Australia.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Invade some place within walking distance, as I have no ability to boat or fly-in a million "boots."

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Mamatus

The US is weak. It's economy is poor. It's foreign policy is poor. It can't afford a war with China.

As a matter of fact, I heard on one of the talk shows that if America got into a war with China, it would have to borrow more money from China, to fight China!

Which would be perfect for China to start a war. Our civilian leadership has no stomach for war. Our civilian leadership has no spine for war.

This alone would make it a perfect oppourtunity for CHina.

Does the US really need money to fight a war or can it just go on a war footing and
legislation to send troops to the battlefield and commandeer hardware for the war effort.

It's been done before by Britain in the Second World War.. Just saying that money isn't real
for Government in an all out effort..

what do you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I'll put my King Soopers Grocery Bill against a Wal-Mart bill for similar items any day of the week. The argument that Wal-Mart makes things more affordable is pure mythology, just like China's ability to project force outside of their own borders.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed a couple of links in my OP. China is already having serious internal problems related to class warfare. The ruling party does not care one freaking bit about the middle class or the poor as most are already wealthy enough to weather the storm out in a nice South American Country.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

BS. I work in the high tech and manufacturing sectors here in the States, and we have the ability to "make" anything we need.

Know what else we have? The factories, hungry workers, raw materials, engineering, and yankee ingenuity to get it done right here at home.

Most Americans have forgotten this, but the number one reason we have imported so much over the last 50 years is because the biggest buyer controls the market. Why use up all of your own stuff first when you can use someone elses and "pay them" in relatively worthless pieces of paper?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not everyone has a King Soopers.

The next closest store with the same variety would necessitate driving about 20 minutes further. As I mentioned, gas is an issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Those problems aren't going to go any better if China purposefully cuts off its own best customers. If my business did that, I wouldn't be able to meet payroll, let alone coordinate my "workforce."

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have said for a long time now we should rebuild our manufacturing capabilities. Bring home the military have them build the factories and then put them to work in them. While it would be a solution eventually, it will not fix the chaos that would ensue should China throw down an embargo.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I agree we have those things, but there would be a considerable time period of interrupt while the economy transitioned from what it is now to one that manufactures again.

All those facilities that are mothballed? They have to be opened up, refitted, staffed. We need to get the necessary raw materials going, and right now, a lot of producers of raw materials have been shut down by our own regulatory process. The EPA has to be reigned in in order to allow raw materials to be gathered with enough efficiency to matter. We would need power, and with our own regulatory state shutting down power plants and not allowing any new ones to start up, we wouldn't have the power necessary to run a manufacturing base without some major EPA reign in.

In short, the full ability of this country to actually manufacture would have to be unleashed and unmuzzled to enough of a degree to make it happen. None of that happens overnight. Those shelves will be empty for months.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
America's idea of war: "ICBMs"
China's idea of war: "BRICS"

China is already 5 steps ahead of the game by aiding in the slow death of the US dollar reserve currency. By the time the US were to decide to launch a few ICBMs against China (if and when), it'll be too late.

How to defeat an enemy with military might ?
Start at the wallet.

It's how every empire in history has been taken down... from the inside out.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Another store selling locally produced essentials would pop up to service that need, if it actually exists. Wal-Mart is just a manifestation of S&D, run amok thanks to years of crony capitalist regulation granting their business an uneven playing field. Still -- you guys can believe what you want to believe. I'm not going to lose much sleep over economic war with China, or the collapse of Corporations whose very existence is a net loss for taxpayers.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If the essentials don't exist to be sold, then there is nothing to *pop up.* The death of Walmart would be a good thing, but if Walmart goes out because there is nothing to put on its shelves, then there isn't anything to put on the shelves of any other store, either.

This isn't about the store being available; it's about the goods being available to sell in the store.

Since we get 80% of our manufactured goods from China, no goods from China means that no one will have goods until we either become our own supplier or find another supplier.

Just building a new store won't put items on the shelves. This isn't Field of Dreams.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join