It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Christians have believed that Armageddon is about to happen for the last 2000 years. It's not happened, it's not going to happen.

What a silly believe system thinking the end of the world is nye for over 2000 years.

Personally I cannot converse with folk with such a strange believe system.

In my believe system which is based on personal morals and and universal karma, bible bashers have a whole load of retribution to pay on the other side. Hopefully those of you on ATS who are homophobic or use their religion to bash minority groups will come back in the next life as an individual in a minority group to be persecuted. Hopefully you'll be born in Russia or some other country that bans homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Yes, but the god that Westboro believes in is just a sadistic SOB.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So I was going to make a thread about this but used ATS search and found this!

Recently I been in hospital and read about this while in there and it made me laugh to myself made me had a right chuckle in the ward.

Sorry that's all I've got to say apart from that has got to be the most crackers story I've ever heard. I'm almost disappointed in made the news

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by LABTECH767

Here we go again, I got a feeling that this is going to become another homophobic thread again and folk using their religion as their tool to do so.

So many homophobic threads on ATS lately and using religion as an excuse. I think it's more to do with folks own pent up frustrations on their own sexuality issues.

Think it's about time to leave this once great site as it seems over run by the Westboro Church or folk with the same views.

Democracy is not about majority rule, it's about equality for all.
edit on 18.1.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling

First of all I am not a homophobe, but in genesis one of Noah's son's uncovers (He ogles his father whom is drunk and in a stupor) his fathers nakedness which is seen as shameful, (honour thy father and thy mother), Then there are four disputed passages in the new testament (they are clear or ambiguous depending on the translation you select), but long ago I asked myself would I reject my son or daughter on these grounds and the answer was "NO" marriage is about family and children which is the very basis of society, the erosion of this can only lead to a destruction of the foundation of all we hold dear.

The state of being if natural for the individual is not for me to judge, only god can do that but I truly feel it is against the will of god. Honor thy father and thy mother.

I lost a very good friend whom killed himself and found out years later he had been a victim of abuse, he was a drug addict as well and he was as I later found out a gay, I still miss my friend and would rather he was alive and as gay as he wanted to be but alive.

From my perspective though I can not fathom the persuasion.

I did not mean to lead it down this path but the opinion of the UK independance MP is understandable to me and show's a religious point of view, It is my personal belief it is against god's law but I am not qualified to judge and like I say if it was my son or my daughter I would not reject them and would love them just the same as they would alway's be my children though I would be sad that I would see no grandchildren.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thus the reason why government and religion should be separate.

Whilst I do not go against your right to believe in religion, it is also my right to say I think religion is the root cause of all evil on this planet. Religion is holding the species back and in some cases some countries are going back to the dark ages due to their governments being entwined with religion.

I hope that most governments around the world become secular and religion is put where it belongs, in the privacy of your own home. I don't want to hear about your beliefs just as you don't want to hear about mine.

No need to waste your time preaching scripture to me as I am more than versed on passages from your 2000 year old book and the amount of inconsistencies that are in it. I'm not going to take anything seriously from a book put together 324 years after Jesus died by a group of men that could not even decide if Jesus was in fact Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join