It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A UKIP councillor has blamed the recent storms and heavy floods across Britain on the Government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

David Silvester said the Prime Minister had acted "arrogantly against the Gospel".

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is the problem about UKIP they elect nut jobs, I like Nigel Farage I think he gives them what for in Europe but If they continue to have guys like this I think they will harm their chances in the elections.
When will elected people learn to leave their religion out of politics?.
edit on 18-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

UKIP are like our little teaparty
Some have some good ideas and others are just bat **** insane!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

This guy down the street really wished he could have his neighbors wife as his wife, so God killed 30 puppies.

Not true, but it fits the logic of insane psychopaths like this idiot and Pat Robertson perfectly. Terrifying to think these people are allowed to own sharp objects, let alone draft legislation. This is why we need to re-fund state mental hospitals. The old kind. The "lobotomize and lock-up" type.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Poor old UKIP, might become known as the foot in the mouth party or the shot in the foot party at times.

Just as Farage begins to get some headway another lunatic spouts forth.

Message to Nigel Farage - with friends like this, who needs enemies?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I know you will say he is crackers but for religious people whom believe in god well we accept god gets angy and no these people can not have it there own way, one mans freedom is anothers prison the minority are imprisoning the majority to force there own different morality on the masses and many people are very angry that the curriculum taught to our children indoctrinates them into this atheist immoral stand of opinion.

I believe in freedom of choice and decency to other human beings but for instance gay marriage in church is against god's law and David Cameron is not god so who the hell is he to tell the churches to allow it, what is wrong with civil partnerships anyway.

edit on 18-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

So let all the straight people choose civil partnership then if it's ok.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Here we go again, I got a feeling that this is going to become another homophobic thread again and folk using their religion as their tool to do so.

So many homophobic threads on ATS lately and using religion as an excuse. I think it's more to do with folks own pent up frustrations on their own sexuality issues.

Think it's about time to leave this once great site as it seems over run by the Westboro Church or folk with the same views.

Democracy is not about majority rule, it's about equality for all.
edit on 18.1.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

how is it god's law??? where and when did go state this?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Heterosexuals should be allowed to have Civil Partnerships, everybody should be treated equally. But they do have registry office weddings which is nearly the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I live in the US, but we have our fair share of 'crackers' in the limelight, too!

I have always been shocked at the degree of prejudice, bigotry and megalomania in the 'religious' sectors. Their judgemental attitude to those who have opposing views has created nothing but hatred and wars in the world, all in the name of a 'loving' god.

Muslims kill masses of people for not believing as they do.

Christians travel the world over, destroying all traditions and history of entire cultures.

It seems awfully egotistical for a mere man to choose a belief system, think it is the only 'way', then FORCE others to believe as he does.

I think there's a special place in the afterlife who such people.
edit on 6u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's for this reason that the state and religion should be kept separate. We should have a secular government in the UK and religion should be kept between consenting adults in their own homes and places of worship only and nothing to do with the day to day running of peoples lives.
edit on 18.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm inclined to support ukip not because I agree with them but because they arn't lib/lab/con and the more minor parties we have the harder it will be to refuse perportional representation.

As for there policies the are about as mixed a bag as it is possible to find they have both the best and the worst policies of any major party in this country.

CX

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks like Fred Phelps is contagious.

CX.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

flammadraco
It's for this reason that the state and religion should be kept separate. We should have a secular government in the UK and religion should be kept between consenting adults in their own homes and places of worship only and nothing to do with the day to day running of peoples lives.
edit on 18.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

Well said! I wish I had the ability to applaud you.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

monkofmimir
I'm inclined to support ukip not because I agree with them but because they arn't lib/lab/con and the more minor parties we have the harder it will be to refuse perportional representation.

As for there policies the are about as mixed a bag as it is possible to find they have both the best and the worst policies of any major party in this country.

Why vote for anybody you disagree with, protest vote, mark your vote, don't just give your vote away.
I'm sure they have GREAT ideas but whether they implement them is another story much like the current lot.
When you look at the guys in the party whether it be the outspoken ones like this guy and Godfrey Bloom I'm sure there are lot more who are smarter and although feeling the same way do not publicly speak out. (this goes for ALL parties)

If UKIP are as bad as they seem to me and they get votes and we have a coalition with UKIP and Tory, the country is doomed. DOOMED.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was thinking about this very subject earlier. The doctrine of hell isn't enough for people like this guy-- no, they've got to see an appetizer of retaliatory suffering on earth too, before ascending to Heaven by the grace of the Savior who came down 2,000 years ago just for their own royal asses.
Is it any wonder why Christianity is so widely laughed at in this day and age?

edited a million times on 18-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: Everything kept sounding awkward.

edit on 18-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ah, further proof that UKIP is drawing support from the shallower parts of the gene pool.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you think the Storms and horrible weather is bad....

Wait for the plagues of grasshoppers, mice, and toads. Pestilence, famine, and all your children will hencforth be born with tails and be very ugly.

You asked for it with your abominations against the Mighty one....think on this you despicable sinners when you chew your first mouth full of grasshoppers.

You think the food at McDonalds is bad?..........just wait!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

And who the hell is David Cameron to tell churches they CAN'T allow gay marriage.
I belive in FREEDOM of religion, government should not impose their own morality onto churches.
If a church wants to marry gay couples no GOVERNMENT SHOULD PREVENT IT.

I would also seriously question that the Majority are againts it.
edit on 18-1-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's like when the Westboro baptist church said the helicopter crash in Scotland was because of Gay marriage.
They basically want us to belive in a God who doesnt strike down those responsible for something such as say the politicians, but randomly just kills people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join