It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are premonitions a sign that life is predetermined???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Funny that you said that especially since it does make me think of the Matrix and how Neo wanted to be in control of life but ultimately he wasn't, his life had already been predetermined from beginning to end by the Wachowski's
Morpheus having the premonition of the One and the whole confusing banter with the Oracle, it all boils down to one simple revelation: life is predetermined.

And what of this connection to God?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

No its not pre determined. There are patterns but its about choice.

You probably had already made a choice to do or be a certain way a long time ago. Your premenition was your subconscious mind which already knows what choices you made.

Neo had to learn a lesson, his lesson was that by letting go of control he gained total control. Its the paradox of this world, it works in opposites. It didnt have anything to do with his path. Neo saw his path and chose it. He was able to do this after letting go of control.

And what of this connection to God?

You tell me, because i can only tell you about mine.

edit on 20141America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago0431092014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

With patterns and ideas of choice I just get more confused. I've messed with the idea that if I have a premonition then I can consciously alter something different that occurred in the premonition and maybe get that feeling that I've chosen a different path but making the choice to attempt to alter an event that I dreamed of just results in the event taking place EXACTLY the way it happened in said premonition. Like the dream basically was a premonition of my future self trying to blaze my own path but ultimately failing because even THAT decision has already been predetermined.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

I think our suconscious mind is more powerful then we give it credit for.

It can see developments forming way out. In fact this is why you should be doing shamanic journeys and keeping dream journals.

That will help you clear up what you think about it.

The patterns are your habits. Your mind is keeping tabs on them for you. Choice is knowing when to change your habits.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago5331262014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Your brain has to have serious pattern recognition skills.

Number one its a survival mechanism, number too its how your able to experience this world. Your not just born into the world with a grasp on reality you have to develop your senses and understand what your dealing with.

cj6

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Ok here's another confusing occurrence. Speaking about choice I do, rarely, have premonitions where something happens that leads to my death. Then when I realize that I'm living out the dream it all plays exactly the way I dreamt it except for the part of the premonition where I die. I've had maybe 5 or 6 premonitions like this. However it doesn't change the fact that every other dream has happened and is 100% accurate. So what could that mean? Am I somehow only able to consciously alter premonitions where I'm destined to die? If not then how can I have a premonition where I see my own death that never comes to fruition yet every action leadin up to it is dead on
too many questions to be answered me thinks.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

No idea.

When i take a clean shot in the gym, not so often anymore, i have deja vu and they are like what your talking about.

Maybe you should get a catscan.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

cj6
Ok here's something I've always been curious about and has left me constantly confused. I don't know much about religion but I've always felt like my life has been written in stone and every decision I make is not actually a conscious decision just me following a path that already has a predetermined beginning, middle and end. I say this because all my life I've had this "thing" where I'll dream about a seemingly insignificant event and then anywhere from a month to a year afterwards that event will take place exactly the way I dreamt it. Now I'm not claiming to have any extraordinary gift, like predicting anything important, it only pertains to random moments in my future. But since I dream of these events that eventually do take place does that mean my entire existence has been predetermined down to every irrelevant "decision" I make?? If that's the case then I'm not making any decisions at all just coasting along a set path towards some end thats already been written. If this is the truth then I wouldn't be the only one. That would mean every individual life on this planet is simply playing out the way it was written, like a crappy book that someone SOMEWHERE is reading.....metaphorically lol. It's kind of strange to think that we're not in control of anything we do, but hey that's life as we know it, just ants drifting on a giant rock in the middle of nothingness. Any ideas on why I have these dreams or if life really is predetermined?

Reality is defined by consciousness, only in memory. As far as reality is concerned the dream or flip side of consciousness is as valid, as the waking one. Its held in memory just as we remember the past events. In fact remembering your dreams is exactly the same function as remembering what you were doing yesterday. Just like reality its a function of mind. Thinking you have a body is a good way of defining a consciousness and learning how it works as far as being an individual goes. When you suspend waking consciousness by sleeping, you are no longer in a reality that is confined by having a body, (that's why you can fly and teleport to various locations).You can meet people that still have bodies, or people that have no need of them any more. Since waking reality is defined by having a body, the clear understanding of this other state is confused and fractured for the most part because you cant ride two horses at once. So the dreams are required for the main thing why we exist, purely for maintaining an everlasting coherent consciousness, when we no longer require bodies to maintain it..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by cj6

In my personal belief, premonitions are a glimpse or a brief hold on seeing one possible future. Perhaps the strongest likely outcome to the current timeline..but only one possible outcome. I think that's what makes them hit and miss.

Oddly though, I'd swear in recent years, premonitions came and went to what I was sure happened in some minor things ..to see no mention of it later, as if it never did. It's a strange quirk as multiple threads here deal with that with many people chiming in similar experiences. So, I think premonition is a far more complex phenomenon than it first appears.

My main consciousness teacher said that we should "know" about 50 percent of our future and leave the other 50 percent unknown, so life doesn't get too boring. People who have no training will be very predictable, can be "read" by real psychics, and their futures will remain well set on the current timeline you mention. That is shaped by past decision patterns, past habit patterns, agreements we make about things, etc. If a person gets adequate training, and breaks some of their patterns, identifications, habits, etc., (he said if we can break even four percent of our habit patterns this releases so much attention that it frees the person to a great extent) then they can predetermine much of their future and can see the shifting points and move those if need be.

He would keep a dream journal and then when the dream came true - and it's hard to place a time on predicting when they would appear in life - he'd make a note of that. One key is to not be too concerned if you see a murder, or major social event, which isn't related to people in your life, just look at it without getting involved. If you can accurately "see" (a better word on one level is "know") something which you personally want to avoid, you just take another path or, if you step into it, clean it up or make it work for you. Asking for "the best possible result" is one way to go through life as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join