It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Shock As Mysterious Rock 'Appears' On Mars Next To Opportunity Rover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Full story here

A mysterious rock has appeared in front of a robotic rover on Mars - and Nasa has no idea how it got there.

The rock popped into existence in front of the six-wheeled rover Opportunity a few days ago, entirely out of the blue.

The "jelly doughnut-sized" rock, nicknamed "Pinnacle Island", is now resting in front of the rover, and scientists are trying to decide what to do.

"Mars keeps throwing new stuff at us!" said Mars Exploration Rover lead scientist Steve Squyres.

So far Nasa has two theories for how it appeared - either the rover flipped the rock over as it rolled forward, or it just landed there after a meteorite impact nearby.

Me... I think Martian teens are throwing rocks at our rover and it's only a matter of time before they jack the wheels and tag the solar panels... damn pesky Martians...

seriously, don't know what's going on be it seem to freaked out NASA enough to put out a press release?
edit on 18-1-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Already posted. More than once even.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
yea theres 2 active threads already
as of last nite anyways

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

HardCorps

Full story here

A mysterious rock has appeared in front of a robotic rover on Mars - and Nasa has no idea how it got there.

The rock popped into existence in front of the six-wheeled rover Opportunity a few days ago, entirely out of the blue.

The "jelly doughnut-sized" rock, nicknamed "Pinnacle Island", is now resting in front of the rover, and scientists are trying to decide what to do.

"Mars keeps throwing new stuff at us!" said Mars Exploration Rover lead scientist Steve Squyres.

So far Nasa has two theories for how it appeared - either the rover flipped the rock over as it rolled forward, or it just landed there after a meteorite impact nearby.

Me... I think Martian teens are throwing rocks at our rover and it's only a matter of time before they jack the wheels and tag the solar panels... damn pesky Martians...

seriously, don't know what's going on be it seem to freaked out NASA enough to put out a press release?
edit on 18-1-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

Or Could be........

OK Ill Bite

The Alien A.K.A .Elyon/Elohiem/God/Yahwa/ ((( KEVIN FLYNN - TRON ))) LOL! Programer has just overwritten Old code with the New Code making Out place Artifacts !! LOL!

like Here On Earth in the Digital Maxtrix System what Scientist seem now Specualte !!

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is reality real? Simulated Universe and Holographic Reality (VIDEO)

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

"Proof" that the universe is a simulation
page: 1

Well... a Matrix within a Matrix !!

But.. I May laughing about Kevin Flynn Character Video Game Programer from the Movie Tron and Tron Legacy..

But we may be Laughing ..NOW. if you think about it....

what PPL showing on here on ATS that NASA is Revealing...

real wormholes or Portals to the sun / universe holograms / natural space accelerators

all leading too this speculation ,,,,,

I say not like the matrix more like Tron ..

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I often thought if the rover ran into the foot of God himself on Mars and panned up to see his face , that they would just turn away and say nothing here to see , move on , just to keep their funds flowing .

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think NASA or someone is winding people up!
Look at the pic on the left and you can clearly see where the rock had been sitting. They've used the rover to remove the rock. The pic on the right was the first pic taken, not the pic on the left!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yep! you can Good Eye !

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Those embedded stones have a lot of 90° angles. It reminds me of an eroded cobblestone roadway.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Its a trick of the light, notice how in the after photo the shadows are darker and longer. If you look closely the rock is there in the first photo but just reflecting the light a lot more and no shadows.

Oh alright, it s marsh gas.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I would be very suprised if this has'nt already been thought of, and Im no expert on the subject, but what if the stones on mars particularly this one, are related to the earthly phenomena known as sailing stones
Death Valley's Sailing Stone's(Wiki)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join