It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There will be a debate between Ken Ham, the founder of Answers in Genesis, and Bill Nye, known as "the Science Guy", on February 4 at 7 pm Eastern Standard Time. The subject will be: "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?" The debate will be live streamed free at this site:

debatelive.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theophilus40

What do you think the basic premises will be?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Probably the usual stuff

But, I'd like to give it a hear just in case of something new. But, I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Yeah, I was just wondering if the OP knew what these two's perspectives are to begin with...you know...trying to start a discussion about it.

I always liked Bill Nye the Science Guy when my kids were little - he's gone all 'grown-up' now, but that's okay. Haven't seen much of him lately (haven't really looked).

(I liked Peewee's playhouse, too - but, oh well - cest la vie)

EDIT: Okay, looked at the link:
It's that nutjob from the Creation Museum vs Bill Nye. LOL!! Should be entertaining, at least.

edit on 1/18/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hahaha! Yeah I went and checked out the link too

Bill, last time I saw him was on the "Big Bang Theory" not long ago. Funny stuff.

I loved Pee Wee's Playhouse! I have his talking

still in the box

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The problem with the creation side of this debate is that they always choose Christians to be their champions. This invariably leads to the creation perspective looking a bit loony and based too much in religion and not fact.

What they need is an humanist to fight for validating intelligent design as a (as in one of many) legitimate paths of science to explore. There is enough cause and reason to entertain the idea without bringing religion into it.

Keep in mind that this debate (and most like it) aren't debating which one is right but whether or not creationism should be mentioned in an educational format.

I believe in both and many others do. I think the average person in my generation would feel comfortable with teachers discussing both concepts with students in a very unbiased way. It's when the two sides insist on being mutually exclusive that people get turned off and want to ignore it altogether.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

loony

That's why its fun to hear these debates!! lol!!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Personally, I don't care and nor do I really want intelligent design taught in any school. The reason is simple, if the idea of a creator were to gain a foothold in academia that causes a change in thinking, then what makes you think that it won't be used to prop up Ancient Astronaut Darwinism or the interventionist theory of evolution promoting "aliens" as the designer? I'm almost certain enough that this will happen that I could bet money on it. Make no mistake about it, if they accept creationism, then you can rest assured that it isn't going to be the creator described in the Bible. The theory will be made out to be much better than Biblical creation, and they will claim that the authors of the Bible were just writing about E.T's as they are already doing. These debates are just nothing more than bickering between two religions anyway, only evolution, an old pagan doctrine, is a tax funded religion pawned off as scientific. So I already pretty much know where the promotion of creationism by academia will likely head.
edit on 19-1-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

wildtimes

What do you think the basic premises will be?

Between the two; "where the hell did YOU park the rental car last night and wind up naked together in a motel room"?
edit on 19-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm a good Christian. Okay. A fair Christian.

Huh?

Okay, I'm a bad Christian.

But I still believe in God. We just have an understanding. (We talk a lot. Okay, I talk. . . he listens)

That being said, unless God is one of the debaters, I don't think this issue will ever be resolved.

I don't usually visit the religious forums much. Too wordy for my tiny brain. And people get issues.

Believe, don't believe. . . the God I pray to, he may smirk, but he won't deny you eternal life for having an opinion.

It might be fun though, to mimic that debate with one of our own. We do have an awesome debate forum.

Peace.

beez

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I do believe in a God/higher being but I also believe in evolution.
I believe a higher being put life into motion but everything has evolved from that point of time.
You can see evolution in so many different places but I don't see anything wrong with thinking that a higher being put everything in motion.

I'm watching the Bill Nye debate now and think Bill Nye is doing a good job and finding Ken Ham pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

join