It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Sites & Monuments Aligned To "Ancient Equator"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

lools like star map. So if the giza is orion then what stars in sky line up with the other locations. Reminds of stargate coordinates.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

While this is a fun idea, one must sacrifice all the CURRENT speculations about star alignment, winter and solar solstice alignments, and every other positional alignment deemed Canon in both accepted paradigm AND fringe speculations.

Why?

Because if the Earth had an alternate equator, then, the Sun, Moon, Stars, and every other everything in the sky would rise and set at completely different positions in the sky.

Probably the last major impact event that could have had a significant effect on equatorial location was 65 Million years ago.

Otherwise, we'd need an extremely significant Chandler Wobble event to occur and a deviation that drastic would cause every ocean on the planet to slosh, basically destroying everything, not to mention the slosh results that would occur with magma chambers, and other places of liquified rock which would likely result in wide ranging Continental Flood Basalt events.

Basically, a change that big would result in the extinction of most life on the planet, similar the Permian-Triassic extinction event which had the Siberian Traps Flood Basalt to thank for some of that.

I enthusiastically encourage some study in Geology and Planetary Physics as opposed to going straight for the box of crayons to draw lines all over the planet because it looks cool.

Canada was hit by a large comet impact around 13,900 to 14,000 years ago. The comet was around 3.5 to 5 miles in diameter.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nice thread OP. Kind of screams "geographic pole shift".

Now if we could only come up with something that would cause such an event........

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

While this is a fun idea, one must sacrifice all the CURRENT speculations about star alignment, winter and solar solstice alignments, and every other positional alignment deemed Canon in both accepted paradigm AND fringe speculations.

Why?

Because if the Earth had an alternate equator, then, the Sun, Moon, Stars, and every other everything in the sky would rise and set at completely different positions in the sky.

Probably the last major impact event that could have had a significant effect on equatorial location was 65 Million years ago.

Otherwise, we'd need an extremely significant Chandler Wobble event to occur and a deviation that drastic would cause every ocean on the planet to slosh, basically destroying everything, not to mention the slosh results that would occur with magma chambers, and other places of liquified rock which would likely result in wide ranging Continental Flood Basalt events.

Basically, a change that big would result in the extinction of most life on the planet, similar the Permian-Triassic extinction event which had the Siberian Traps Flood Basalt to thank for some of that.

I enthusiastically encourage some study in Geology and Planetary Physics as opposed to going straight for the box of crayons to draw lines all over the planet because it looks cool.

Traditional response from scientific establishment when confronted with evidence that does not support their theories, use circular logic, "the last significant event that occurred was 65 million years ago, yet these structures which seem to align on an alternate equator are obviously not 65 million years old, thus they must be there by chance".

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'll buy that theory , it actually fits with my own belief about the whole processional process.My question is how many times can that process be repeated with other ancient sites, because procession happens every 26,000 years, 52,000 years for the full cycle to happen, I think that's how it works. so just how many times has this happened throughout antiquity how many different equators have we had , or does it just turn into a pattern that fits in with the ley line theory?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

DonVoigt
I'll buy that theory , it actually fits with my own belief about the whole processional process.My question is how many times can that process be repeated with other ancient sites, because procession happens every 26,000 years, 52,000 years for the full cycle to happen, I think that's how it works. so just how many times has this happened throughout antiquity how many different equators have we had , or does it just turn into a pattern that fits in with the ley line theory?

Great point you make. If you spin a marble and watch the rotation and its own revolution, it also "wobbles" than straightens and goes through another revolution. The question I suppose, is does it continually readjust and the original equator continually move? Or does the second wobble knock it back on track? Perhaps if you mark the equator of the marble and video the wobbles you can track the original equator. Although it's not exact science (which I'm sure Alice would concur) it should at least provide an idea, I'd think.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Forget ancient monuments, how do you explain the geometric arrangement of Woolworth's stores (all now closed as the company went bust a few years back) in England?

The results revealed an exact and precise geometric placement of the Woolworths locations. Three stores around Birmingham formed an exact equilateral triangle (Wolverhampton, Lichfield and Birmingham stores) and if the base of the triangle is extended, it forms a 173.8 mile line linking the Conwy and Luton stores. Despite the 173.8 mile distance involved, the Conway Woolworths store is only 40 feet off the exact line and the Luton site is within 30 feet. All four stores align with an accuracy of 0.05%.

www.pasthorizonspr.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

AndyMayhew
Forget ancient monuments, how do you explain the geometric arrangement of Woolworth's stores (all now closed as the company went bust a few years back) in England?

The results revealed an exact and precise geometric placement of the Woolworths locations. Three stores around Birmingham formed an exact equilateral triangle (Wolverhampton, Lichfield and Birmingham stores) and if the base of the triangle is extended, it forms a 173.8 mile line linking the Conwy and Luton stores. Despite the 173.8 mile distance involved, the Conway Woolworths store is only 40 feet off the exact line and the Luton site is within 30 feet. All four stores align with an accuracy of 0.05%.

www.pasthorizonspr.com...

But can you do this with the Woolworths stores?

If the answer is yes, I will disavow all conspiracies for the rest of my life.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Love this BUT - I have long wondered how the MOST ANCIENT SITES might line up when looked at through PANGEA! What do you think? Shot in the dark - I know. Would still be interesting to see.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm no astrophysicist or geographical astrologer, but as I'm reading through here the thought occurred to me ... the Equator is in relationship to Sol, right?

Perhaps this line is "equatorial" to ... something else? I don't personally have enough astronomical knowledge to figure that out.

Added in edit: For example Sirius? I understand that Sirius played a big part in Egyptian astronomy.

Just a thought.

edit on 9Sun, 19 Jan 2014 09:52:57 -060014p092014166 by Gryphon66 because: Thought

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

myselftokeep
reply to post by jeep3r

Love this BUT - I have long wondered how the MOST ANCIENT SITES might line up when looked at through PANGEA! What do you think? Shot in the dark - I know. Would still be interesting to see.

Interesting idea, although I think that continental drift wouldn't have much impact on that alignment considering the period of time we're probably talking about. Stormcell was kind enough to address that issue in this post.

edit on 19-1-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Great thread S&F.

I have not gone through the whole thread, so please excuse me if these videos have already been posted. They are giving the same theory that you are speaking of.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-1-2014 by vistina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

lools like star map. So if the giza is orion then what stars in sky line up with the other locations. Reminds of stargate coordinates.

Hi Athlon; greetings -

These are additional pics from the ancient monolith/petroglyph virtual Google World
I have been creating.. It gives one a better perspective to this misplaced memory of humanity.
Interesting is how many monuments and such align along certain lines.

Amazing the Geo-Metric designs the locations exude as can be seen in the S.A. pic.

As stated on page one, I will create a thread detailing this ancient virtual world
with a Google Earth Virtual Tour video.. just need a little more research on
certain monuments and locations. (I've only located what my memory tells me so far)
Suppose I need to create a thread first asking peeps for locations of petroglyphs and monuments.

@smartwentcrazy -
Thank you for the link you posted, I am in need of ancient areas of the U/K and Asia,
Norway and Russia for the completion on the Virtual Map.

Enjoy the pics and the quest
Be well all.
edit on 19-1-2014 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Watching this with interest!

When you look at the maps and globes, the "North Pole" seems to be at Alaska...

Isn't there a thread on these forums about finding a pyramid or two there in the mountains?

Maybe rather than a pole shift, the ancients wee celebrating some alignment with something else in the visible/invisible universe that they felt the earth was rotating around besides the Sun?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
Nice thread OP. Kind of screams "geographic pole shift".

Now if we could only come up with something that would cause such an event........

Or it could be the path of the sun, or rather its ground position as the year unfolds, modified for easier calculations. during its yearly wobble. Starting at the equinox at The GP, If you logged the time of noon around this line, you would know where you were in respect to the (centre of the earth) ie. the GP. The fact that the wobble is about 24 degrees and the line is 30 degrees being half of sixty degrees. Plus the length of the GP being the time the sun makes the travers in one second must be some sort of clue, to it being a geometric beacon for mapping the Earth. One thing is for sure, when the people who had the technology decided to go secret, the uninformed started to look at the GP. as magic.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

It's not an 'ancient equator'. It's an orbital track.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by jeep3r

Excellent premise, very interesting. Both poles have buried tropical levels, suggesting they were in an equatorial position in another age. Not sure how to get around that fact.

F&S&

There's ocean under one of them, you know.

So, how many ancient sites are left out to make this "equator?"
What about Stonehenge?

What about Gobekli Tepe?

What about the millenia in time separating several of these cultures/monumental sites?

Good example of the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy though.

Harte

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

There's ocean under one of them, you know.

And magma under both I suspect. But don't care.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Harte
So, how many ancient sites are left out to make this "equator?"
What about Stonehenge?

What about Gobekli Tepe?

What about the millenia in time separating several of these cultures/monumental sites?

I thought this relic from the Hopi's past was interesting..
www.theorionzone.com...

The Orion Correlation projected on the high desert of Arizona is verified by both archaeological evidence and ceremonial or mythological lore of the Hopi Indians. In the research process I came to some startling conclusions:

—The Hisatsinom, or the ancient Hopi (formerly called the Anasazi), used the template of the constellation Orion to determine the locations of their stone villages during an extended migration lasting over two centuries.
—The time period for the creation of this template ranged from about 1050 to 1300 AD.
—The Hopi god of earth and death called Masau'u spiritually mandated this "terrestrial Orion" to closely mirror its celestial counterpart. We can easily see how prehistoric "star cities" correspond to every major star in the constellation.
—The star pattern by its specific orientation on the land also encodes various sunrise and sunset points of both summer and winter solstices.
—A central flux of ley line energy additionally occurs in the spine of the terrestrial Orion along a series of ancient pueblo sites and geoglyphs ranging from southwestern Colorado to the mouth of the Colorado River. This indicates a functional Earth-Chakra system. (Please go to Maps page.)
—The overall pattern is similar to the Giza Orion Correlation that forms part of an ancient global network. Think of them like giant photo birth announcements celebrating the birth of the universe.

Left, Orion constellation as laid out on the Arizona desert; right, Orion reversed 180° from its appearance in the sky.

Although this 'star chart' was built over a quarter of a millenium and not millenia's, it does
show oral tradition has longevity.

As far as Goblelki and Stonehenge are concerned, it's assumed they are astrological calendars
much the same as Nabta Playa and others.
Seems many monoliths and petroglyphs associate with eqinoxes, solstices and constellations with
Orion topping the list as Orion's importance equated to Sirius and earth voyaging.
Often these monoliths are accompanied by complex mathematical equations.

Curious planet we live upon

Be well

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

HumAnnunaki
As far as Goblelki and Stonehenge are concerned, it's assumed they are astrological calendars
much the same as Nabta Playa and others.
Seems many monoliths and petroglyphs associate with eqinoxes, solstices and constellations with
Orion topping the list as Orion's importance equated to Sirius and earth voyaging.
Often these monoliths are accompanied by complex mathematical equations.

This isn't true of Gobekli Tepe, though it is true of the other sites you mention.

So, now, isn't it true that the observed alignments of Stonehenge and Nabta Playa - not to mention the hundreds of other stone circle alignments that have been found, would not have been so aligned if this "old equator" was factual?

So, did the builders of Stonehenge (for example) then see into the future - noting future solstices and positions of sunrise on the horizon, thereby aligning their stones for our use?

Nah!

It's the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy, like I said.

Harte
edit on 1/19/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join