It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Metallic Symbol Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

leolady
reply to post by Pauligirl

Ahhh thank you for the link to the prior thread from 2009 & for your email and
reply that was sent to the lab that did the supposed testing of the plates !
It was a fascinating read I must say !

I wonder though just as someone else brought up on the earlier thread, how long
their records are easily accessible. After 17 years has passed, how easy it is for
them to reach their archives ? What were their archive processes back in 91 ?
Was it a manual process and then changed over through the years... Just more
to ponder.

edit on 19-1-2014 by leolady because: cuz

I wish I has a better answer for you , but as I said in the other thread, I don't think I would be the first person that's emailed and asked. The fact they said "There were no analysis performed in BAM" rather than "we have no record of this"...well, mystery remains a mystery. I think it's a hoax, but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Well, it is probably just non sence, just another prank, but the layout brings fusion models to mind. The elements are represented unconventionally, so it is hard to say. If you read it from left to right, it seems to be in three distinct parts which yield helium. It has some resemblance to the deuterium/tritium fusion model, but this uses another element. Interesting.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out that some of the images in the op seem to be reversed. So you may want to check video to see its true uh...arrangement. plus we don't know which way is up or down with this thing. Meaning we do not know from which angle it was meant to be viewed from. Maybe it was meant to be viewed vertically, from top to bottom, or in otherwords, shifted 90 degrees from how it is viewed in the op. Or even diagonally. It's interesting so thanks for sharing!

Also, for those who say it was a hoax and all about making money, I just had a few questions about that. How much is a big hunk of gold, silver and copper worth? How much profit was made? You also have to include the time taken to make the things and make the crop circle. Would it even be worth it for how much they got? I've seen gold necklaces that would be just a tiny fraction of one of those disc's that cost $2,000 or more. Unless it was fake gold and silver and they totally ripped the guy off who bought them. That may help if we can find the guy who bought them.

I'm also kinda wondering about how the gold one was broken in half... that seems like it would be fake gold and who would break in half the most valuable of 3 artifacts or who in their right mind would break in half ANY artifact??? I would be greatly angered if I saw someone break inhalf an aarrowhead let alone a gold disc recovered from beneath a crop circle with patterns matching the shape of the crop circle itself.

I dunno. Strange story. But interesting and I'd like to know more before dismissing it outright.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Thanks for the input and ideas !

Would you care to show us an example of the model or models you are referring to ?
I don't know much about that kind of stuff... so if you could kindly grab an image
and information to post for us to look at and compare it would be greatly
appreciated !

leolady

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
if he would have found a platinum one,
i would have said that it was a foretelling of the horror that we know as obamacare.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
After digging around, I have found some new material on this finding. Some of it is the same as what
was already noted, however there is a bit of new material included for anyone interested in further information.

This was published in UFO Encounters magazine, the article reads:

On July 22, 1991, a bizarre set of circles creating a unique pictogram appeared overnight in a wheat field located near Hildesheim, Germany. The formation was huge, measuring 300 by 150 feet in size, encompassing over 45,000 sq. feet of land. The design is said to resemble an ancient Scandinavian rock painting of a "Chariot of the Sun." The area where the formation emerged was considered sacred ground for nearly 4,000 years. At 1:30 a.m., on the night the formation appeared, eyewitness Christian Fiedler spotted an orange-colored, pulsating and flashing light dashing around the area. Around 2:00 a.m., others heard a strange "whooping" noise. The listeners say it was unlike a helicopter sound. In the days to follow, the amazing scene drew many observers to the site. The owner of the field, farmer Werner Harenberg even began charging money to those who wanted to enter his field, which didn’t deter anyone from coming. The research group EFODON visited the circle and announced they measured unusually high radioactive readings there. On August 2, a peculiar guest made a fantastic discover. While using a metal detector over the formation, he registered three positive readings. Each was located within the three circles of the formation that had half rings. Digging to a depth of two feet at the three different locations, the man discovered a single metal plate at each one. The plates were very heavy, measured about 12 inches in diameter, and were heavily encrusted with dirt indicating that they had been buried for quite a while. The man carried them off, telling an overseeing farm worker that he was taking them to Mr. Harenberg. However. the man stole the plates and never returned. The story becomes more intriguing. The man took the plates and later called Mr. Harenberg on August 7, and sent him a picture of one of them. Amazingly, embossed on the plate was a replica of the crop circle formation! The same was said to be true of the other two plates. When the plates were originally discovered, they were too covered with dirt for any markings to be distinguished. Recently, the International UFO Library published a photo of one. This was the first time I had seen the photograph. It wasn’t long before all three plates were shown. A Mr. Hass (unclear if he was the one who stole the plates — by German law they should belong to Mr. Harenberg), showed the plates to the local press. The man and the local editor took them to a jeweler for examination. The jeweler announced the three were made of different metals — one of gold, one of silver, and the other of bronze. All three were of very pure metals. The silver plate was of higher purity than sterling. The gold one was what is known as "altgold," which is also of highest purity. A Mr. Pfeiffer was later able to track down the finder of the plates, and purchased the silver and bronze ones for 50,000 Deutschmarks (about $30,000). Unfortunately, the gold plate had been melted down and was sold for a few hundred thousand Deutschmarks to a jeweler. Yet, the high purity of the two remaining plates was verified by the German Federal Material Inspection Authority, which for all practical purposes, ruled out the possibility of a hoax. What an expensive hoax that would be.

leolady

top topics

<< 1   >>

join