It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Professor" has died...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yep,,,The Professor that kepted the castways alive for so long on uncharted Island has died

Russell Johnson "The Professor" of ‘Gilligan’s Island’ dies

The Professor was forever inventing methods to increase the castaways’ chance of rescue & could build a shortwave radio out of a coconut shell

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

He must have been up there in age. It was a favorite show among many in my generation. Gilligan always screwed things up and prevented them from getting off the island. Sounds like a conspiracy to me, lol. I wonder if any of the cast members are still living?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

WeRpeons
I wonder if any of the cast members are still living?

Ginger and Marianne are still alive and kicking. The professor was the last of the male characters still alive from the show.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Dawn Wells and Tina Louise are still alive. The professor was 89 they said when he died.Though a dumb show,it was entertaining in its day and I enjoyed it as a kid.RIP professor and thanks for the laughs.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I googled their names and found they are both in their late 70's. Here they are if anyone is curious of how they look today.
Mary Ann

Ginger

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Memories, memories...

They are planning on reviving Gilligan's Island with new casts, perhaps a movie even but one thing remains. As a kid, this show made me laugh. It's not a show that I would watch nowadays but back then, it made this kid's heart happy.

R.I.P. Professor and thank you for the good times.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If it wasn't for the professor all hope would be lost.
I liked the episode with the radioactive vegetables . Each vegetable gave each castaway their own special power.

Be at peace now professor.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know which is sadder, folks?

A. The Professor died

B. I knew which professor and what show before opening the thread OR having heard about it ...

errr... I can still recite that theme song in my head... lol

RIP Russell Johnson

@ Oh..and Ginger needs to take a long long break from plastic surgeons or whatever she's doing. It's not working. Really...it's NOT working. (covers eyes with paws)..I can't unsee it.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Holy Smokes look at what the plastic surgeons did to Ginger! I always liked Mary Ann better anyway. It was a silly but completely fun show to watch as a kid.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just loved this show when I was a kid. I hate that it's not on Netflix, or Hulu at all. I am going to have to just break down and the buy the dvd's.

The Professor was one of my first crushes, I was bummed to hear of his passing.

Rest In Peace Professor.

btw, poor ginger geez hindsight would have been very useful to her indeed.

top topics

join