It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax drivers per mile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
California considers this in response to hybrid vehicles taking to the road and the loss of taxes from them. My oh my, lets punish the people who are trying to help the pollution and declining oil reserve issues.
Aren't governments amazing.

msnbc.msn.com...

LOS ANGELES - California drivers are accustomed to paying the highest prices at the gasoline pump in the continental United States, but a proposal that their cars be outfitted with transponders to collect state taxes by the mile has stirred deep-rooted privacy fears.

advertisement
The policy idea is a response to the growing popularity of gas-electric hybrid cars and concern that as more fuel-efficient vehicles clog the California�s highways, a tax on gasoline consumption will no longer be the best way to finance road maintenance.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
damn them clean cars, couldn't they lower the gas tax and raise tolls throughout the state?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have read somewhere that this was originally a United Nations tax and was to be tested or is been used in Europe?
You think this is bad just wait until people really see what ONSTAR can do, don�t pay those parking tickets and you car won�t start, thank ONSTAR didn�t by your yearly registration car won�t start thank ONSTAR this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie the 5th element when Bruce Willis is driving his car, he has to put his liscence in and everything he did wrong driving points were taken off and the car was able to be shut down by police, wouldn't surprise me to see that one in the future.

new topics

top topics

join