It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinean Stone-Head - New Find

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Argentinean Stone-Heads:

This recently discovered stone-head was found in the waters of Lake Traful, in Patagonia, Argentina. The Lake is the starting point of the Traful River that empties into the Nahuel Huapi Lake. At Present nothing more is known about it.

Photo Copyright

Another Image is available here:

I came across the above image while having this mornings coffee and thought I'd post it here for those who are interested in these types of finds. This stone head is from Argentina. By now many here should be fairly familiar with the Giant Stone heads of the Olmec. Those are from Central America. There isn't much available on this new find from Argentina so stay tuned. In the meantime, I thought I'd share some images of 'Other' Stone heads found in the new world.

Unlike the controversial Olmec heads which some believe represent 'Negroid' vs 'Mongoloid' facial features these appear to be fairly neutral. It's interesting to note that the supposed new find from Argentina *a location much closer to Africa than Mexico* doesn't appear to look very 'African' and actually appears somewhat Caucasian?

Here are some other 'Large Stone Head' carvings - Some larger than others obviously -

Guatemalan Stone Heads

Honduras Stone Head

Another Guatemalan Stone Head

More Pre-Olmec

I'll be posting another rather in-depth thread on a related topic soon.
You just never know what the jungle may reveal next

As always, stay tuned...
edit on 18-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nice. It looks artistically distinct from the others I've seen and you've posted. It'll be interesting to see what the scientists come up with (and what wild conspiracy theories develop out of it).

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Broad foreheads, flattish broad noses, mainly, pronounced cheeks, kinda looks Pacific/Polynesia/Oceania?

Long way down the continent in Patagonia.

Be interested to know whether there are connections across the Pacific with those that travelled by raft and boat so long ago.

Have to dig my old Thor Hyerdal Kon Tiki Expedition book out and research a bit.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Hi, it looks very like the face of a native american to me, with a slim hooked nose and those beautiful high cheekbones.
How likely would that be? My knowledge of early American history is shameful.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And prevailing opinion omits the common sense factor.

If this image doesn't get your Ancient Aliens juice flowing, you are a tool.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I will definitely stay tuned!

I love these ancient mysteries, and hope one day soon all of the puzzle pieces will drop into place!

All of these clues from around the world, and the answer is still eluding us.....

S&F -

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
With your previous thread on the elongated skulls found in Peru, I was wondering if there are any stone heads that would represent the people who have these elongated skulls? I can't seem to remember seeing any. But I'm getting old and I'm not as sharp as I used to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I was unable to find any other source regarding that stone head in Argentina, it's hard to corroborate it's existence for now.

The lake is well known by an underwater forest found there, here some data :

Is an area of ​​a smooth gradient that reaches 30 meters deep, bottom heavy and clean sand with rock, with a lot of standing trees forming a forest, which is believed to have been displaced with a mass of land in the past, their roots are between 5 and 30 meters deep, still unique in the region and publicly known places.

www.neuquentur.gob.ar...

edit on 18-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

That's a great point. They apparently haven't found any 'Elongated Skull" Stone heads yet. Meanwhile the Olmec also made many figurines depicting Elongated Heads

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thank you Slayer. MyMindIsMyOwn and I are doing further research right now on the elongated skulls and the starchild.We are finding some interesting stuff. I will try to post some of the links in your other thread later after I finish reading what we have found.

Those pics are very interesting. This topic, that is the elongated skulls has triggered something in my old head. I can't seem to leave this alone, and feel driven to look further. I'll let you know what we find. And as always S&F for stimulating my poor old head.

edit on 1/18/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2014 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

lonegurkha
Thank you Slayer. MyMindIsMyOwn and I are doing further research right now on the elongated skulls and the starchild.We are finding some interesting stuff. I will try to post some of the links in your other thread later after I finish reading what we have found.

Why don't you two collaborate on a solo thread together?

Sounds interesting...

Those pics are very interesting. This topic, that is the elongated skulls has triggered something in my old head. I can't seem to leave this alone, and feel driven to look further. I'll let you know what we find. And as always S&F for stimulating my poor old head.

No problem

glad I could help

edit on 18-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How interesting. Since I don't know Spanish, can someone enlighten me on the theories behind the formation of this lake and how the head and forest could have ended up underwater? Ice age? Volcanism? Beavers?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

facelift

Ancient alien juice?

Sounds messy.

Do we know if these stone heads are of actual people or if they are just meant as interpretations of a specific culture? Some of them look very generic whilst others look very personal and detailed.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

aboutface
How interesting. Since I don't know Spanish, can someone enlighten me on the theories behind the formation of this lake and how the head and forest could have ended up underwater? Ice age? Volcanism? Beavers?

There was a landslide and a big portion of land went down to the lake.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

facelift

And prevailing opinion omits the common sense factor.

*hits buzzer* Wrong, it's clearly evidence of time travelers going back in time & forgetting their copy of Robocop.

That Patagonia head is really interesting. I too see similarities to Polynesians. Wasn't it theorized that they may have had the skills to sail across the Pacific? It honestly won't shock or surprise me, I think we underestimate ancient cultures way too often.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

You both may be onto something...

Ancient Olmec Bounty hunter?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I've never seen this before, this helmet deal. How odd. I'm assuming, judging by the figure, that it had something to do with spirituality. Something to alter/limit the senses further after erm, mind altering substances were used perhaps? Fill a girl in, Slayer!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I personally feel it represents an ancient Olmec ball player.

Not just because of the helmet but because if you look close around the waist there appears to be a thick belt of some sort which the ancient ball players were known to wear similar dress.

All the Central American Ancient cultures/civilizations were absolute fanatics for their various versions of the game.

Just a guess though...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yea....this ball game. Talk about an interesting subject. I would believe that if there were solid connections globally in the ancient world, you would find this ball game paralleled somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join