It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Over-States ObamaCare Medicaid "sign-ups"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They never quit with the over-statements.

The latest is about "New" people signing up for Obama.Care and being eligible for Medicaid.

The PPACA allows states to expand Medicaid to include more people, although all states are not.

So, the claim is that around 4 million "New" people have now been included.

Problem is, only about 380,000 are actually "New".

The rest are just people **Re-"New"ing** their current Medicaid.

wildclaims.gov

Megan Kelly will explain the discrepancies....

Megyn Kelly opened her show tonight exposing how the White House has been lying about how many have health care now because of Obamacare. In short, they’ve spun like a spider the number of people who have signed up for Medicaid: 4 million. But in reality the number of people have signed up new to Medicaid is less than 400k. The rest are just RENEWING Meidcare plans they already had.

Megyn Kelly explains in more detail below:

White House Caught Red-Handed Lying About ObamaCare Numbers

Why can't they just tell the truth for once

and take credit for the accomplishments?

Are they "Scared" of something?

edit on Jan-18-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They're going to spin everything they can to cast things in the best light possible. It is what politicians do. Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Conservative, Liberal, they all do it. It is why I have always advocated getting your information from various sources. You're much more likely to get a better view of the real story that way.

Hence the old saying: There are 3 sides to an argument. Your side, their side, and the truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hey Xuenchen, perhaps you recall? When did they first start talking about using Statistical Sampling for the US Census itself? I believe it was mid decade or so, wasn't it?

It seems statistical sampling is good enough for just about anything these days. Accuracy takes time. Could be hours or even days. It's far easier to send a staffer into a back room with a calculator and book of stats to project what it SHOULD be, so they can just assume it is and run with it.

Seems to really be the norm here lately. They once just called it dishonesty, huh?
edit on 18-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor correction

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

And neither do you...

Bias aside, you have a legitimate talking point. But, it really doesn't matter as most aren't even tapped into the truth.

So, ATS members are really the only ones that will take note of this.

Gotta start somewhere though, huh..?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Looks like this whopper earned the White House Three Pinocchios!

The Pinocchio Test

Essentially, then, it is ridiculous to suggest, as the @BarackObama tweet does, that the people who have selected a health plan in the exchanges are in anyway equivalent to the 3.9 to 4.2 million who were deemed eligible for Medicaid.

Soon, CMS will release the Medicaid numbers for December. Presumably the new numbers will reveal as little about the impact of the Affordable Care Act as the 3.9 million figure. Reporters need to be very careful about using the new figure in any sentence that includes a reference to the new health-care law.

We’re awarding Three Pinocchios
www.washingtonpost.com... re/

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Are they "Scared" of something?

Yeah as Joseph Gobells said:

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

thinkexist.com...

Truth is the mortal enemy of the state which is why for the last 6 years we have heard nothing, but lie, after LIE.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Another scam on the many scams regarding Obama I don't care reform is that in order to boost numbers of the supposedly newly sign ups they are combining those that already had insurance but were dropped from it, these people would not qualify for the subsidies and will have to pay more for the new policies compare to the old ones, but they are actually no new enrollees as they had insurance to begin with.

Medicaid is getting a boost, but how can Medicaid survive with the cuts that Obama has done to it.

More people enrolling but less benefits, I guess is up to the working class as usual to fill the gap with taxes, on top of the new higher premiums they have to pay.

Obama I don't care is becoming a fiasco, but the administration rather push the agenda than accepting the defeat while screwing the economy and working class in the process.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This is Obama math.

2+2 = 5.

It is an utter failure. But then again, I think that is what they want.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!!!

Same kind of thinking.

Oh, and btw, I apparently need to watch some FOX Network news...that blonde is f$%%ing HOT!!!! Damn.....

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Oh, and btw, I apparently need to watch some FOX Network news...that blonde is f$%%ing HOT!!!! Damn.....

That's why call it 'FOX' news.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I want to say I couldn't believe it...........but I can. I hate this man. I really hate him!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

facelift

And neither do you...

Bias aside, you have a legitimate talking point. But, it really doesn't matter as most aren't even tapped into the truth.

Thank the lord above for xuenchen. You wouldn't have a post to post!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

StoutBroux
Thank the lord above for xuenchen.

Here here! Three cheers for Xue!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Charles Krauthammer stated this whole thing is propped up with lies atop lies. As soon as the lies eat into the people the whole thing will implode upon itself.

Just as planned. (I added that last part)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

facelift

And neither do you...

So his post is an overstatement .. yet it's legitimate? How can both of those be true? They can't. If it's legitimate, then it's not an overstatement, thus he can quit with overstatements since he did not use one.

Maybe you should think a bit more before you post asinine statements.

I had a feeling this figure would be found to include a lot of people it shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Doesn't bother them if they're lying. Doesn't even bother them if they get caught lying. Their fans obviously don't hold them to any kind of standards. All they'll do if you point out that they're lying is cover their asses and pretend it doesn't matter. The political value of something like this is whether or not their own political base cares about it. You're not going to get uncritical Obama fans to care if he's lying now. If they didn't care about his constant lies and deception for the first five years, they're not going to start caring now.

So basically what they're doing here is just making noise about Obamacare to keep it in the news. It's basically a commercial for Obamacare. Like a fast food commercial. It doesn't matter if the food is garbage. They figure if they keep pitching it, someone is bound to be stupid enough to believe the marketing and buy it.

And sadly, the Obamacare marketing will probably eventually work. They'll get enough of the bugs worked out of it to satisfy more people than are pissed off about the government being involved in something they have no business being involved in and that'll be the end of the protest. That's what they're doing with the exemptions and the rule changes. They're just trying to take the wind out of our sails as much as possible. They don't even care if some people are still going to hate it. As long as they can drown us out with Obamacare cheerleading.
edit on 21-1-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I keep wondering when the liberals are going to wake up. Are these people really this stupid. I think as time goes by the answers become more and more clear. Being progressive is a sickness of the mind.

When will the average liberal see just how fooled they were. If call yourself a progressive learn what the movement really is about. Look back at its roots and the early leaders.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

SubTruth

I keep wondering when the liberals are going to wake up. Are these people really this stupid. I think as time goes by the answers become more and more clear. Being progressive is a sickness of the mind.

When will the average liberal see just how fooled they were. If call yourself a progressive learn what the movement really is about. Look back at its roots and the early leaders.
Maybe take a look at the definition for the term "liberal" as it relates to politics. In many ways, systems termed 'liberal' are diametrically opposed.

Some see 'liberalism' as the right of the individual to be equal with their companions in the free pursuit of prosperity. Some see it as the right of the government to sanction individuals, re-distribute wealth and limit prosperity.

Both are 'liberal', it's just who is earning what they get and who is taking what they want that is the difference.
edit on 1/21/2014 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well, if you are going to peddle a lie, might as well make it a big lie and go all in.

If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

top topics

join