It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We do NOT live in a police state! Please move on.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by projectbane

you do realise you are on a conspiracy site ridiculing people because of the thoughts they adhere to.....just because people do not agree with you does not make them wrong...here is an idea try and debate people without condecending them......you must really find it difficult making friends ...maybe you should get a dog and teach it to play fetch

Actually it the conspiracy world that can not stand it when hard facts and science interfere with their ill thoughout theories that rely more on creating divisions than about anything else.

Every one of your posts to me has been condescending. You pipe up here and there with limited contribution but just to be smug about your nonsensical theories and "we are the victims" attitude.

Oh i see your back, do you want to answer the people that had questions for you?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you do realise you are on a conspiracy site ridiculing people because of the thoughts they adhere to.....just because people do not agree with you does not make them wrong...here is an idea try and debate people without condecending them......you must really find it difficult making friends ...maybe you should get a dog and teach it to play fetch

OHHH i get it now...www.abovetopsecret.com..., you got arrested for being an all round contemptuous "person" and now blame the system for your problems. See always a reason why people have a problem ALWAYS caused by themselves.
You sound like a person who got what they deserved.

So me get a dog you said? Well maybe you should, after all they don't hit back and as you were stopped from seeing your children, a dog might be the way to go!! Seems the system works!!
edit on 18-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OHHH i get it now...www.abovetopsecret.com..., you got arrested for being an all round contemptuous "person" and now blame the system for your problems. See always a reason why people have a problem ALWAYS caused by themselves. You sound like a person who got what they deserved.

So me get a dog you said? Well maybe you should, after all they dont hit back and as you were stopped from seeing your children, a dog might be the way to go!! Seems the system works!!

you like to think you get it but you just don't.....

FYI ive just had a massive battle getting my son out of foster care....it took me 8 months of jumping through hoops and i actually won the battle and my 3 year old is here with me......after all the lies my ex put in she has been caught out and lost him to the system....sadly her lies were believed at first by the police but not any more...

so as usual you jump to conclusions with no actual basis for them......

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OHHH i get it now...www.abovetopsecret.com..., you got arrested for being an all round contemptuous "person" and now blame the system for your problems. See always a reason why people have a problem ALWAYS caused by themselves.

So me get a dog you said? Well maybe you should, after all they don't hit back and as you were stopped from seeing your children, a dog might be the way to go!! Seems the system works!!

See if any one shows you a personal experience you take it with a grain of salt and act as you are above him. But we are suppose to take your word and personal experience as the gospel of how things in the world are? Low blow with the kids comment to man, all things aside you have no right to say if he does or does not deserve to see his kids... Or if the system that you know nothing of the inner workings as you have never been through has judge this man correctly

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OHHH i get it now...www.abovetopsecret.com..., you got arrested for being an all round contemptuous "person" and now blame the system for your problems. See always a reason why people have a problem ALWAYS caused by themselves. You sound like a person who got what they deserved.

So me get a dog you said? Well maybe you should, after all they dont hit back and as you were stopped from seeing your children, a dog might be the way to go!! Seems the system works!!

FYI ive just had a massive battle getting my son out of foster care....it took me 8 months of jumping through hoops and i actually won the battle and my 3 year old is here with me......after all the lies my ex put in she has been caught out and lost him to the system....sadly her lies were believed at first by the police but not any more...

You sounded intoxicated and could NOT remember much. SO how can you know you didn't do what you were charged for at the TIME??????

The system has to protect the vulnerable. namely a woman and child. IT is the systems PRIORITY. If you could not even remember if you did it or not at the time then the POLICE sure as hell will arrest you and get to the bottom of it.

In the end...the system worked. They protected the child and woman. After an investigation YOU have been eventually cleared? Got your KID back? So it worked. If you were not arrested what would the public outcry of been if you were guilty and went back and beat her to death? After all, you dont know where you took drugs, were drugged by a third party!!

Not a perfect system but you have come out the better. YOU now have your kid to yourself.

I just do not fully believe that you were hit with a blunt object 10 times for no reason. Maybe you were resisting arrest after all you were "out of it" enough to NOT now what you were doing or how you got there in the hospital!

Unfortunately us men NEVER are believed in first instance against a female and child. That is a problem, pretty serious!

All things fair your life is better off now....kid, no "evil" ex

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There’s State police
National Guard
City Police
County police in every state of America
Private Police
POLICE DOGS

Central Intelligence Agency

National Security Agency

National Reconnaissance Office

National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency

Defense Intelligence Agency

Federal Bureau of Investigation

FEMA

Assistant to the Secretary for Intelligence Oversight
Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integration
Defense Information Systems Agency
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
Defense Protective Service
Defense Security Service
US Special Operations Command

Army
Army Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence
Intelligence and Security Command

Navy
Office of Naval Intelligence
Naval Security Group Command
Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Marine Corps

Air Force
Air Force Technical Applications Center
Air Intelligence Agency

National Security Council
President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board
Office of National Drug Control Policy
Energy Department
Office of Intelligence

Justice Department
Justice Intelligence Coordinating Council
OIG - Office of the Inspector General
DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration
NDIC - National Drug Intelligence Center
USNCB - U.S. National Central Bureau
State Department
INR - Bureau of Intelligence & Research
INL - Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs
CT - Counterterrorism Office
DS - Bureau of Diplomatic Security
Treasury Department
Office of Intelligence Support
Office of the Under Secretary (Enforcement)
FINCEN - Financial Crimes Enforcement
FLETC - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center

All this and more equals
A POLICE STATE!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Sremmos80

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

See if any one shows you a personal experience you take it with a grain of salt and act as you are above him. But we are suppose to take your word and personal experience as the gospel of how things in the world are? Low blow with the kids comment to man, all things aside you have no right to say if he does or does not deserve to see his kids... Or if the system that you know nothing of the inner workings as you have never been through has judge this man correctly

I understand your frustration with my last post. Was not very well explained. But I have since then explain to the gentleman in question.

I will always take a child and females side over a mans. And I am a man! the potential consequence of not can be serious indeed if I am wrong.

I know the system very well. I know it a little too well actually. Its not perfect Like I keep repeating to no avail but it what we have to deal with until something better comes along. I just did not buy his whole story. Heard it too many times to count.

His whole story throughout his thread is all over the place, claims the DRINK didnt do it!!! How many times have we heard that! Said it was not the drink but the blows to the head. Yet before he even met the police he "woke up running somewhere..." sound like the drink did have an effect or maybe drugs. Just saying. So the police have to respond when a report of violence against a woman with a child is made!!

The details can be sorted out later.....as they were 8 months later he is better off. Ex out of the way and kid in hand!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You sounded intoxicated and could NOT remember much. SO how can you know you didn't do what you were charged for at the TIME??????

The system has to protect the vulnerable. namely a woman and child. IT is the systems PRIORITY. If you could not even remember if you did it or not at the time then the POLICE sure as hell will arrest you and get to the bottom of it.

In the end...the system worked. They protected the child and woman. After an investigation YOU have been eventually cleared? Got your KID back? So it worked. If you were not arrested what would the public outcry of been if you were guilty and went back and beat her to death? After all, you dont know where you took drugs, were drugged by a third party!!

Not a perfect system but you have come out the better. YOU now have your kid to yourself.

I just do not fully believe that you were hit with a blunt object 10 times for no reason. Maybe you were resisting arrest after all you were "out of it" enough to NOT now what you were doing or how you got there in the hospital!

Unfortunately us men NEVER are believed in first instance against a female and child. That is a problem, pretty serious!

well i may be better off without the evil ex but my son will grow up without a mum...which sux for him........the problem i have with the system is i was "guilty until proven innocent".....which took a long time and my son suffered as a consequence.....if the police had bothered to do their job in the first place an innocent child would not have gone through the hell he has....his mother was abusing him badly with me not there to protect him....she has since been charged for child abuse amongst other things

i was not arrested for resisting arrest i was arrested purely on my ex's statement.....there was no investigation...the police were happy to make an easy arrest and failed to do the job they are paid for....which is seemingly a common thing nowadays....

i have had a very close look and have dealt with the system personally and i can tell you it is broken...very broken...if i did not have the resolve i do ......i would have given up long ago...and that experience has taught me alot and i now question everything as a result

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

well i may be better off without the evil ex but my son will grow up without a mum...which sux for him........the problem i have with the system is i was "guilty until proven innocent".....which took a long time and my son suffered as a consequence.....if the police had bothered to do their job in the first place an innocent child would not have gone through the hell he has....his mother was abusing him badly with me not there to protect him....she has since been charged for child abuse amongst other things

i was not arrested for resisting arrest i was arrested purely on my ex's statement.....there was no investigation...the police were happy to make an easy arrest and failed to do the job they are paid for....which is seemingly a common thing nowadays....

i have had a very close look and have dealt with the system personally and i can tell you it is broken...very broken...if i did not have the resolve i do ......i would have given up long ago...and that experience has taught me alot and i now question everything as a result

All i can say is this. We have butted heads a few times in the last few days.

IF what you are saying is true (I say that because I have to take your word for it and your ex is not here to defend herself and I have no court documents in front of me to prove she is being charged with what you say) then maybe we can learn a few things from each other. We obviously sit on different sides of the fence.

I am against anyone who uses violence against anyone who doesn't deserve it. If you were mistreated by your local law enforcement then do you have evidence of this? Where are these pics?

Maybe Ill do a thread next on what to do if approached by the police! How to handle it and what to say and not say and how to address officers of the law. That might interest some on here!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here's the thing Bane, you can rail against people, insult them, whatever. But you haven't rebutted several rational, logical counter points to your original post. Including mine.

We're at a point where a good portion of average, law abiding folk are scared of LE interaction. We are at a point where the best advice lawyers give people is DON'T TALK TO POLICE.
There are so many laws we can break that NO ONE IN AMERICA knows the actual number (it's in the ballpark of 10,000 Federal). The system is completely weighed against any one person. If an enforcer wants you arrested there is always something...if there isn't, they can fabricate something or use life threatening 'submission techniques' which guarantee a resisting arrest charge.
What's the best white lie a cop can tell? "I thought I might have smelled marijuana in the car/house/breathe."

From your earlier posts, I get the sense you work in the prison system...

Having to deal with similar people every day of my life becomes tiresome. They refuse to listen or blame the system for the predicament they find themselves in. They all want it "their" way but that is implausible!! They see an injustice and tarnish a whole serving community of men and women who give something each and every day of their lives to make sure criminals and terrorists are kept at bay as much as possible.

And I have an answer to this complaint you have: If the good cops held the bad cops accountable there would be MUCH less abuse by LE. That damned blue line is covering for some very dangerous people who have no business wielding power over others. It used to be a policeman was proud to say he never had to draw his gun during his career...Nowadays I get the sense (from my own very limited interactions) that these enforcers look for an excuse TO draw their guns. It's sad, really.
edit on 18-1-2014 by blamethegreys because: I misquoted the # of federal offenses

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Perhaps -Living In a Police State- is an incorrect statement. It's not quite factual. We are moving toward a police state...but then again that's not quite factual...either. It's like I said before. We are becoming who we used to hate the most. Soviet Era Russia...with the KGB...the police being able to do what they want with impunity...the spying on the populace to keep them under control...Russia on the other hand is becoming more like us. Perhaps they will never get here but they are embracing capitalism and things are changing over there. Pussy Riot would have never been freed a decade ago, and I'm not so certain they would have been freed over here. Here are the points:

Our NSA/CIA/FBI/ATF/Local Police do equal the KGB or are heading in that direction.
Due to Homeland security and the patriot act we are militarizing our police forces just like the police forces in Russia. Soon they'll openly carry machine guns.
The police are becoming more hostile to the populace. It's all over the news and in personal experience. They just aren't friendly. It's like we're all guilty until proven innocent and with the patriot act...it really is that way if they want it to be that way.
The Patriot act..the Information that the NSA gathers...none of it would have stopped 911 We already knew enough about them to stop the attacks, yet did nothing. More Data just complicates things...we have too much to sift through now.
Every day we see more and more news stories...even in main stream media of police brutality. Every day it get's worse.

We may not be in a police state now but we are heading there. I am a law abiding citizen but ...I am afraid of the police. I shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Unfortunately, this one is also trivial.

Who is arguing this point with you? If you're hearing or reading people
saying this, then I'll agree. But I know you're not because our worlds
can't be that diverse. You're simply responding as if this is, what is being
said. When they make referrence to the police state we seem to be
coming too. As people are seeing a lot of simalarities in the here and
now, that were present in Germany previous to the Nazt Blitz.

And you're negativity isn't attractive at all.

reply to post by amazing

Out of all the persons that get accused of being a schill on these boards?
I don't remember any of 'em being a better example.
edit on 19-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Your local experiences are a small piece of the puzzle, because the fact is there are something like 10,000 different police forces. If you are under one of the many less brutal forces, you will be spared.

I was having a generally unheated conversation with a police officer but he started aggressively advancing toward me for no apparent reason. I then gave him the universal sign of surrender, which is considered assault by the police. So after showing him my hands in surrender, he beat me up and wrote down that I assaulted him, though no charges were filed. An eye witness and medical records make what happened quite obvious. Good thing I live in New Hampshire where the officers only give you cuts and bruises instead of shooting you point blank when you start "wasting their time". I moved to New Hampshire from an urban area where so much as approaching a cop for directions will lead to a hostile interrogation.

The police can do anything they want to you and get away with it. If you do anything back, they will hurt or kill you without repercussions. You have to get government permission to build your own house on your own property. If you continue to build anyway against permission and orders to stop, the police can and will physically assault you.

The laws are designed to give police officers special privileges, protections, and extra "rights" that nobody else has, but I don't think that bothers you even the slightest bit, does it? I think your biggest failure in reasoning is that the sort of stories that happen on a weekly basis in the US would happen once in a lifetime in a free country. Even one instance of things that have occurred over the past year is unacceptable and an indication of a total restructing that needs to take place.

What happened to me personally is proof to me that police are out of control warlord gangs with no concept of civilization.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Honestly, before i was incarcerated and bashed through the court system i would have probably agreed with you.

But due to the fact that ive seen the tyranny practiced in the court room everyday and ive seen what happens behind bars i have to say that we have a very heavy handed judicial system and police forces that have no mind or way for anyone whos not on their side.

Scary stuff. We slowly deteriorate into anarchy and totalitarianism.

This falls in the spectrum of the natural ebb and flow of the universe, the swaying of the pendelum.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fractal2

I believe and agree with you.

Why do law abiding citizens fear the police? Why so many? It's not the media or that we're paranoid. it's from experience. This police brutality, aggressiveness and hostility that is growing is real.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Ah man that makes SO much sense if he works in a prison. How could i not have seen that. Star for that my friend. It just proves we have the wrong people working with the ones that are in prison or jail they feel that every one there is the scum of the earth and they are worlds above them. I had my run in with the law recently, upon release i was waiting in the lobby for my ride since it was 3am and freezing outside. Cop ask me what happened, i simply stated i made a mistake, and then i asked him "you ever make a mistake in your life?" And he looks at me and says, "Nope, that's why I got the uniform on and your sitting in that chair"
He had just met me for the first time in his life, knew nothing about my situation. Left me with a pretty sour taste. And he couldn't have been over 25.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

blamethegreys
Here's the thing Bane, you can rail against people, insult them, whatever. But you haven't rebutted several rational, logical counter points to your original post. Including mine.

We're at a point where a good portion of average, law abiding folk are scared of LE interaction. We are at a point where the best advice lawyers give people is DON'T TALK TO POLICE.
There are so many laws we can break that NO ONE IN AMERICA knows the actual number (it's in the ballpark of 10,000 Federal). The system is completely weighed against any one person. If an enforcer wants you arrested there is always something...if there isn't, they can fabricate something or use life threatening 'submission techniques' which guarantee a resisting arrest charge.
What's the best white lie a cop can tell? "I thought I might have smelled marijuana in the car/house/breathe."

From your earlier posts, I get the sense you work in the prison system...

Having to deal with similar people every day of my life becomes tiresome. They refuse to listen or blame the system for the predicament they find themselves in. They all want it "their" way but that is implausible!! They see an injustice and tarnish a whole serving community of men and women who give something each and every day of their lives to make sure criminals and terrorists are kept at bay as much as possible.

And I have an answer to this complaint you have: If the good cops held the bad cops accountable there would be MUCH less abuse by LE. That damned blue line is covering for some very dangerous people who have no business wielding power over others. It used to be a policeman was proud to say he never had to draw his gun during his career...Nowadays I get the sense (from my own very limited interactions) that these enforcers look for an excuse TO draw their guns. It's sad, really.
edit on 18-1-2014 by blamethegreys because: I misquoted the # of federal offenses

I can assure you that I do not work in the prison system. I have no experience of prison work whatsoever. SO I can not give an accurate account of anything that a person who finds themselves incarcerated for has to deal with.

I have rebutted every post on here within various posts of mine somewhere on this thread. The trouble is people are not listening at all. If I have missed one from you then ask again. But I will not repeat myself.

My OP is about the "police STATE" we supposedly live in. But we DO not. Not even close, yet!! I think the lack of respect from quite a few people towards the Police is shameful and that maybe better communication between civilians and the Police could be a way forward.

If only some of the people who have made outlandish comments could walk a day in the footsteps of those who place their lives on the line everyday then maybe they would have a better perspective of the work these officers have to do on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

The argument is very subjective. It really depends on what people see in the country and what their expectations for the country are. For instance...

If you a very patriotic American who enjoys shooting guns and i dont know, smoking cigs. Then you probably appreciate the freedom you endure and are aloud to express due to the fact that your in the United States. This person is more likely to see the government encroaching on his civil liberties when the political conversation is centered around gun control and limiting places you can freely smoke your cigs. To this person its going to look a lot more like a police state then say....

There person who spends all their time focus'd on work and taking care of their 2 kids who doesnt have time to pay attention to the outside world they need to make enough money to put food on the table, or who agrees with gun control and has never held a gun in their life because their afraid of guns and its just easier to be against them then it is to learn how to use one and take money off the table to buy one for a better sense of security.

These are just two examples im sure we could go on forever.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1631112014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

projectbane

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you do realise you are on a conspiracy site ridiculing people because of the thoughts they adhere to.....just because people do not agree with you does not make them wrong...here is an idea try and debate people without condescending them......you must really find it difficult making friends ...maybe you should get a dog and teach it to play fetch

Low blow indeed. What, you had no response to what he said, so you had to find an old thread he made to bash him? Here's an idea, how about you try to intelligently debate people without being condescending...like he said.

"This is your argument of why you "think" we are in a police state? Well I win then."

You WIN? Most people here try to gain knowledge while debating each other in the process. It's not about winning or losing. You're just an egotistical narcissist trying to make yourself feel better by being soooo much smarter than everyone else. You're doing a poor job I might add.

Do you also frequent animal forums and make threads about how pet ownership=slavery? Or telling them they're all crazy cat ladies?

You really need to humble yourself. This forum isn't about "winning" a debate, it should be more about personal growth and gaining knowledge (which happens in a respectful dialogue with other human beings). You will get neither if you continue thinking you are so high above everyone here. Hell, there are even some people who agree with your position, but your attitude is disgusting.

Please DONT make another thread about how perfect you are and we're idiots. Needing some validation or something? Ok, proceed to ad hom me to death or dig up something I've said in the past. It actually saddens me that this entire post is going to go in one ear and out the other (so to speak). You really need some humility. If you're like this in real life, I can promise you that people close to you secretely think you're a d-bag. That, or you don't have anyone close to you. If that is the case, learn some humility and that will change.

I wasn't going to post anything, but that low blow really got to me. I don't think you even realize or care how rude that was, and I didn't see you apologize to the other member.

Also, how is it that your word is supposed to be taken as support for your arguments ('nothing has ever happened to me or anyone I know'), but when someone else shares a personal story you basically say 'yeah well what proof do you have'? You just want to argue for arguments sake.

edit: oh and your latest gem is that people aren't listening to you....maybe you should try listening to them as well? 'I won't repeat myself for you people because I'm above you blah blah narcissism'.

Oooooh, it all makes sense now. You're a cop. I'm sure many are great people, but I don't know about you man. No offense or anything, the ego is just a big turn off. Maybe the stress and power negatively affects an otherwise good person. Like you said earlier, there's more than one side to a story. You need to try and see where other people are coming from too.
edit on 19-1-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

onequestion

The argument is very subjective. It really depends on what people see in the country and what their expectations for the country are. For instance...

If you a very patriotic American who enjoys shooting guns and i dont know, smoking cigs. Then you probably appreciate the freedom you endure and are aloud to express due to the fact that your in the United States. This person is more likely to see the government encroaching on his civil liberties when the political conversation is centered around gun control and limiting places you can freely smoke your cigs. To this person its going to look a lot more like a police state then say....

There person who spends all their time focus'd on work and taking care of their 2 kids who doesnt have time to pay attention to the outside world they need to make enough money to put food on the table, or who agrees with gun control and has never held a gun in their life because their afraid of guns and its just easier to be against them then it is to learn how to use one and take money off the table to buy one for a better sense of security.

These are just two examples im sure we could go on forever.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1631112014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

I understand where you are coming from in this post. I can see the logic of that.

However, I really love my Country. Proud as can be. Obviously there have been thing I am not overjoyed with (Guantanamo) being one.

I love my gun rights and although my personal collection only consists of a shotgun (Mossberg) and a custom rem rifle M24. (No personal handguns) I am free to purchase more if I needed. (I don't feel i need to) I do smoke the odd cigar, Christmas and birthdays - don't drink but love the fact I am free too. I love all my freedoms but do NOT feel as though they are being encroached upon at all. I can watch what I like on TV, netlix etc I can go to the range anytime I want, can follow any religion (although I do not as I do NOT believe in any god), can do almost anything I wish without prejudice. I can do these things within the law of the land.

I do not feel I have had any of my liberties abused at all. I traveled to Europe this summer for a vacation and even when re-entering the country I have no problem with customs or the TSA. It was actually a breeze!

So I have to think that this is individual on whether or not you feel confined or restricted.
edit on 19-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join