It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life is pre written

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Interesting thoughts and perspective ,cheers 1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Cheers , there is a train of thought on here that my believing these things made them happen , but believe me , I was warned and yet It still happened and with my limited for knowledge I should have reconized the situation and prevented it from happening but it was like I had no control or choice pre written . So how can I believe something I don't want to happen oh dear lol
1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

You got mail.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Yeah , I am not blaming anyone , and even though I feel I must hide , I am ok and of course there's a safety switch so to speak so that the whole incident can be pushed to the back of my mind . and I carry on , we get bogged down in my personal feelings and probs , but I was trying to show that's some things are destined to happen wether we want them to or not .

If you look at my post in another thread( in this forum I think )you will see that I wrote that free will is only how we chose to act or react free will is not determinimg how our lives will be but only how we respond.

Cheers and thanks for your reply

1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have never heard that living one's life and deserving victory as selfish. Interesting thought but, in my opinion, that thought is flawed. Instead of living YOUR life, you are living the life made for you by another. I suppose, in that way, you allowed your life to be preordained and have indeed proven your point. Unfortunately, you only proved that you allowed this to happen.

We make our choices, we make our life. If I choose to do or not to do something, it wasn't preordained, it was simply my choice to make. In fact, I believe I've heard it said:

"There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance

A planet of play things
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
'The stars aren't aligned
Or the gods are malign...'
Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill"

Courtesy of RUSH

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Excellent , I was just thinking there's always a clause , and maybe all those that notice 11:11 are moving to the next level , and also another thought , I have a fair bit of Aries influence around me as to set a positive example , so maybe I should be the fool and jump of the edge of the cliff ,step out into the great unknown, I love Aries .

Just a few crazy thoughts I am a bit tired and getting distracted ,I felt I was getting some good insights but other things want my attention ,so I think I will give it a rest for now, thanks for your posts and I will try to answer even if just by a thankyou pm cheers
1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I don't think you've found proof of anything except the minds ability to connect dots and coincidence. Even if all of those things said are correct, there is still a good chance of coincidence. The more specific the fortune teller is, the less correct things tend to be...but then you forget the details that were incorrect and remember those that were correct.

That said, I think you might be correct that life is prewritten, or rather predestined. Our freewill could all be an illusion. In fact, what we experience is absolutely not occurring at the moment we realize it. For instance the words you just read were read in the past before you realized what they said. And at the moment you realize you made a decision, it was already made. You can't make the decision in the present, only in the past. Every decision you will make will occur in the past. You have future decisions to make, but the only thing you can experience are memories of making the decision. Perception occurs after.

If as some say, time is just a way for everything not to happen all at once, then it probably already did.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

The irony of writing a post that you were predestined to write about the pre destiny of writing the post.
I just pictured filming a mirror and looking at the display lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: my1percent

Life just repeats creating inevitable parallels that some can draw from and seem mystical... how many times have you put on shoes and ridden a bike? If a more than ordinary amount... I could say, remember that time when your shoe lace became untied and wrapped around the peddle? Of course, the possibility of this happening would greatly depend on an observation of how you tied your shoes.

Being observant of the small things that tend to go un-noticed and what gives rise to them, can either in vocation make someone a Sherlock Holmes or some psychic mystic, if no vocation chosen using such eye for detail... likely, a Buddhist monk well practiced in watching the arising of all things as they occur, based several varied objects of focus for many years... namely the body, speech, and mind... well developed in all 3 spheres? One becomes a master of what being a human really is, and steps on their animal being that once controlled their logic and reason, ascending to become a reasonable human being in logic and ration. Thinking oneself above animals, without such ascension, just leaves one in the arena fighting with all manner of beasts.

Paying heed to food passed on a forked tongue, simply fed you a meal of regurgitation, that you keep throwing up on yourself or others in some fashion... pay that slither dinner enough heed, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So fate? or a 2nd hand plate to someone hungry enough to find it palatable and feast upon? Not all personal rudders, need to follow every wind to random ports of call, to find contentment from the storm in others experience on the ocean... no matter how similar they may be, as they can raise or trim your sails while you're passed out from too many ales... and cause your steering to become quite veering, from where you'd like to go.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Must we really get into the whole "If I do this, it will not seal my fate", to when "I did that, it sealed my fate" argument.

It 50 freedom, and the rest well, that Gods problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is life prewritten. Well certainly there are causes and conditions that lead to specific types of situations and events that are for our education. HOWEVER, it is how to act and react to those events, externally and internally, that sets up the causes and conditions for your future. So, today, you have a measure of control over how your future will unfold. Each act, each word, each thought, each feeling changes your overall circumstance, approach and perception of life.

So in a very fundamental way, moment by moment you are choosing your future.

You've learned some bad life habits (and are passing them on to your children, BTW). It isn't your astrological chart (I've a Yod with a moon apex and have felt cursed at time myself) but look at it as an oportunity today. All it shows is the basic 'kit' you came with. In that 'kit' are assests and liabilities. Focus on the assests and practise antidotes to the liabilities.

Your over all tone - appears to be one of being victumization and drama. Yes people can do very bad things to other people, physically and mentally and as children we have to learn to survive and then carrry these habits into adulthood where they are no longer effective. Is this sad of course - but it's in the past.

You can choose to change your life act by act, word by word, thought by thought. First become aware of your 'self-talk', the crap we tell ourselves about ourselves and others, the 'made-up' stories we tell ourselves about other people's motives (we can't read their minds). We have to learn how we process things internally, we have to learn to spot those things that cause us to feel 'attacked' in some way and then 'fight back' or 'defend' ourselves unnessessarily.

This is the initial challenge - seeing clearly how WE react to outside influence. We have no control over the 'outside influences' but we can stop fighting them and begin to change our habitual reactions and we become more effective in life and then happier, confident and courageous.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Predestiny, includes all those things that operate for everyone in the same way...I certainly wanted to stand at the edge of a cliff and look down at the ocean crashing waves on rocks - it was my choice to do so...and within the gamut of possibilities, many things could have happened, as a result of me deciding I wanted to be there - I thought I'd taken into account the gusts of natures' winds, rushing up the cliff face, and the ones rushing over it past the edge - but it was still my choice to go to the edge knowing what I wanted to do - my destination. In reality, I have no avenue to claim someone else decided for me (unless I choose to abrogate my responsibility in my own placement within a context)...but, that's the story of how your 'free will' gets discounted, using your free will to discount it...as another poster has alluded to the image on a screen, captured by an image on a screen that goes on forever...the only way out of a 'non free will' loop, is to credit yourself with its source, which takes a thought of free will, followed by an action commensurate with that thought...any other way, and you can idiotically argue non free will forever (like staring into a mirror reflecting the image in a mirror)...it begins somewhere - and divesting yourself of the responsibility is a thought/action brought about through the auspices of free will - see the loop?

Å99

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: my1percent

How to explain , it's like your swimming in the ocean and you see an island and you have to swim there but there's sharks and big waves and the big waves block your view , how to get there. stuff knows.

1%

During a difficult time for me, someone dear illustrated it like this:

Imagine if you will, three of you in a row boat, out on the waters. A beautiful island beckons from the horizon.

The better they practice cooperating together, the easier it will be to enjoy the trip. Mind you, you're not alone and others are making there way. Their coordination, and resolve will determine if they go in circles or how long it takes. Good luck, smooth seas never made for skillful sailors.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To endorse predestination (as determinism instead of God's foreordained suffering/salvation) is just one way to frame a mysterious universe. And it's not necessarily a negative viewpoint. For instance, manifest destiny was a positive motivation for American expansionism. Many people feel like their lives are meant for a higher purpose or that they're here for a special reason and it helps them succeed. Far from shirking responsibility, it could be the earnest acknowledgement of the profound forces used to shape our world for ultimately good purposes. If you look at human life as being a microcosm of the stars its easy to see how things can be part of some unalterable pattern of causality. On an individual level yes we do have freedom of action although who knows what exists as the supreme mover.

Before creative action occurs there must first be desire. Are we the final authority on our desires, on what gives us pleasure, and to what extent? Did we manufacture our souls to guide our wills to certain ends and not others? I find beauty in my personal destiny but would not in another person's because I am not them. My temperament and predisposition are my own, not from thinking or experience, but from my Higher-Self which was my guide from birth. A person with absolute free will could never choose between two equally rational modes of life. Not in any meaningful way... only by some random sensation that spontaneously directs them go left or right. Like Meursault from Camus' The Stranger. Choices should only be made on the basis of beauty and purpose, that there is an ideal version of each individuals life which leads to self-actualization. Choose to live life as if it was meant for you, not trying to self-consciously reaffirm your own freedom.

It all comes down to conjecture anyway. No one really knows. I believe life is pre-written mostly but I don't pretend to know the storyline. This belief doesn't change my actions in the slightest. And it doesn't mean life isn't a hell of an outrageous tale with the good guys winning at the end.

As Schopenhauer said, "Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.

edit on 4-4-2015 by filched because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Life is suffering regardless of who or what people think today. Once we finally realize that fact we all should try escape that suffering. Exiting life by suicide does not end suffering but restarts it anew. Buddha spent his life trying to find the end to suffering and wrote the four noble truths to help us end our suffering.

I am not convinced that other religions actually end suffering or keep us locked in suffering. The Apocryphon of John makes me think its the latter as its very similar to what the Buddha wrote about a false entity trying to persuade him back into suffering.

Whatever you decide I hope you suffer less. Only wish I could provide real help.

Thank you for sharing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join