It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life is pre written

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

That is difficult to answer , I will say this and then no more , yes it was something I did ,but I was alone ,or thought so, and what I did affected no one ,what happened after has ruined my life. 1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
First, I am so sorry for your pain. I know sometimes life can paint people into a corner of pain where it seems there is no way out, but life usually needs our participation to do that.

Bad things happen in this world, no doubt. It's how you deal with them that make you a better person, or a broken soul.
It's been said 'You attract to your life what you most need to learn'. It seems the 'attracted lessons' keep getting harder and harder until you finally get it for a lot of people.

We all have a part in how our lives unfold. For starters, we teach people how to treat us. If you don't stand up for yourself and don't speak up when someone is out of line, I guarantee you you, some abusive person will pick up on that and take control of your life. you have to own the part you play in allowing that to happen before you can change anything.

People tend to be attracted to what they are most familiar with. In your case, unfortunately, you are most familiar with the negative aspects of human nature, and at a sub-conscious level, that is what you attract to your life. If you were to learn the signs of abusers, you would be able to spot them a mile away, and be more empowered to keep them out of your life.

If you have a local YWCA, give them a call. Most have women's support groups. ( I'm assuming you're a woman - sorry if I'm wrong.) There are TONS of self-help books in print, so the library could be a valuable resource for understanding human nature. Any books by Dr. Phil McGraw would be good; he writes in every-day language that anybody can understand.

Sometimes life can seem awfully complex, and just being able to talk about it can help sort things out. I am guessing that for whatever reason, counseling is not available to you. There are crisis hot lines you could, and should call. Nobody should have to feel the way you do, unless they want to. help is out there.

Life may be predestined as far as major events go, but it is how you deal with them that completely changes the course of ones' life. Depth of character does not come from being handed everything on a silver platter; it comes from facing adversity and rising above it.

You are obviously stronger than you think, or you wouldn't have made it this far. The world needs you, and the lessons you have learned. I will be rooting for you!

Miss Nugget

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

In the game of life we cannot choose the balls that come our way but we can choose how to play them. Some people seem to get all the rotten balls while others get all the good balls. We very much choose how we react with others and the energies that we send out to the universe and are treated accordingly. Things like the image we choose to portray and our body language can make a huge difference. Most of the self help industry seems to concentrate on the proactive things that we do but in most peoples life that would only account for a small number of decisions that they make with most decisions being far harder to control in the form of reactive decisions. We are also subject to the consequences of other peoples decisions that we have absolutely no control over both on a micro ( a decision effecting only you or a few people around you such as living with a voilent drunk) and a macro level ( a decision effecting many people such as a declaration of war) Some things are meant to happen to us both individually and collectively so we can experience growth both as a individual and as a race of beings. Most people are far to caught up in the matrix of present day life and can not see beyond it and its so called good and bad circumstances. We can not see beyond this life to what the consequences of our decisions here might have on a larger and longer time frame Eg our next 50 reincarnations or our karmic/darmic debts. How we percieve both ourselves and others and how we percieve both our situations and the situations of others can also have a huge effect on our out look on life What we value as important or not and our ability to accept and forgive others and their different points of view can make a huge difference to how we percieve and feel about both our lives and the lives of others. Some people can be happy in circumstances that would make most people miserable

edit on 18-1-2014 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Qspeedyrock

You have eloquently stated that some things are in our control and some are not. You are right.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Life is not pre-written, life is what we make out of it. As a great writer once wrote, "This life is yours, live it." I'm not sure if that's the exact quote, but it's darn close. If you believe an astrologer, then you will live your life by what that astrologer tells you. That's why I have never gone to one, I'd rather live my own life.

This same author, Terry Goodkind, also wrote, "Deserve Victory" and "People believe lies due to desire or fear" and, though this is a work of fiction, his writing just makes sense. Never allow others to tell you who you are or what you can do because...

This life is yours, live it.

The actual quote from Terry Goodkind's book(s) is: "Your life is yours and yours alone: RISE UP AND LIVE IT".
edit on 18-1-2014 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Continue to move forward, you have gathered great knowledge.

Thanks, for sharing that.

I was taught very young by my religion teacher, before we are born our future is already written.

My worries are more about what if's, so I do take some risks.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

no life is not prewritten in that sense.
Because there is not only "one life"..

you switch to billions of parallel lifes billions of times per second. And it depends on how you define your reality what will happen.

YOu can always change the whole future-line

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Interesting thoughts, perhaps you enabled the negative feedback instead of dismissing it like an unbelieved superstition or bad chain letter. Self fulfilling prophecy?

You seem to have grown beyond the scope of the initial "bad luck" and have learned some very important things that can change your life for the better in all facets. There is a lot more to learn though, I'm putting the puzzle together myself and wish I could have been given this information as a child.

Thank you for sharing your story, may it only get better with time.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This "Life is Pre-written" stuff is a tool used by those who have somehow convinced many to allow someone else to write their life story for them.

It's like saying "It was God's will" when something bad happened, to cover up the fact that someone just didn't know, or simply wasn't paying attention.

It's easy to blame someone else....

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I really feel for you as you've gone through some rough times. But, sorry to say, don't we all?

I believe that Life might have a certain written plot to it, to an extent, a center line, so to speak. It's entirely up to us to decide to go left or right at times, leaving the center zone.

We all do mistakes, and bad ones at that but that's Life. Aren't we here to learn? I would think so or else what would be the point? To just be born, eat, crap and die? I'm not religious by any means but to me, Life is more than that.

Then again, this is just my opinion here but I think that we do have a certain free choice.

When I was younger, I also had seen a clairvoyant who read me like a book. I was silent as I was highly convinced that they were charlatans, I wouldn't give her hints of anything about my life, but she read through me like a bird dancing through the wind. There is only one thing that hasn't happened, out of everything she told me - yet, she told me that it would be in my old age - and I'm not there yet.

So she did see a center line but the mistakes I've done left and right are my own responsablity (or lack of) and I don't believe for a second that it was pre-written. They were my own choices.

Just my opinion though, for all I know, you could be dead on and I'd be off track. Who's to know?

S&F for a difficult topic. I hope more join in to discuss this subject with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Life throws a lot of things at you.... it's really how you handle them that creates you.

I always see life as a game of chess... you're being moved around the board by something else. But it's up to you to decide which chess piece you are.

deuces.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Here is my personal belief. I believe we come here to learn lessons and grow, becoming better beings. I believe we choose what we want to work on before we come here and that others choose to come to help us learn the lessons. We choose several lessons for each life time. Some people will be a negative force in our life (Because how can we learn if everything is always good) and some will be a positive force to help encourage us. Here is an example from my life.

I seem to always chosen men that cheat on me. In 2000 I married one of them. I kept having feelings that he was cheating and lying to me but I kept ignoring the intuition. I refused to trust my inner voice that warned me to the betrayal. For 6 years I stayed with him and went through emotional hell. The state of denial only lasts so long. Towards the middle I began asking him about things I had feelings about, of course he denied it. Near the end I began printing his email and showing him the proof I had found. He still denied it and told me I was misunderstanding what I was reading. He was an over the road truck driver and was rarely home. What ended it was on Jan 1st 2006 he past through town and asked me to bring him something to his truck he needed. I pulled into the truck stop and got a strange feeling. I walked to his truck and it hit me I knew he had a woman on the truck with him. I didn't smell any perfume, or see any woman things, there were no signs anywhere. But when I touched that truck I knew and I trusted that intuition completely. I confronted him and told him I knew she was waiting inside for me to leave. He looked shocked then hung his head and for the first time he admitted it. I stayed calm and we talked for about 5 minutes, well I talked and he listened. I told him I couldn't live that way always hurting and the emotional pain he had put me through was unbearable. We both agreed that it was time to go our separate ways and it was over for good.

What lesson did I learn from that? To listen and trust my inner voice. His part in my life was to help me learn that lesson. He played a negative role but it was an important role that needed to be done in order for me to learn to trust my gut feelings. The positive force was my best friend who kept telling me that if I felt something was up there had to be a reason and to trust my gut.

Every person in your life has a role to play in helping you with the lessons you chose to learn before you came here. And you play roles in others lives to help them as well. We all learn different lessons in each life. It all strengthens our spirits and helps us grow into better beings.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

We don't have 100% free will because we have to still fight evil. When evil is less than ash, then we do what we want when we want.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't think the ability to predict which way things may go means life is prewritten/that you act without free will… it simply means that it may be predictable. To forecast the results of choices of free will doesn't take away from you willingly deciding on said choice. If someone told me I would choose a charcoal grey car, it doesn't take away or change that I would because grey is my favorite color.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Life is what you make of it and there are ALWAYS alternative options and yet unknown outcomes.

Even certain metaphysical, spiritual theories claim this being the case.

For that reason, "prophecy" as such doesn't exist...just the pointing out of ONE likelihood..but there is always the option to actively change things.

Your problem (and sorry to be so frank!) is that you already believe that everything is prewritten and you capitulated before life, you let life "live you" rather than live life.

Obviously, to be able to change things you need to believe that you actually CAN change things.

Since you don't believe you can change...what other outcome would there be?

I "predict" tomorrow be a rainy day. Out of negativity, I accept this and mentally prepare myself for the crappy weather tomorrow...just to be able to complain tomorrow how crappy and rainy the weather is. Bingo, prophecy full-filled.

(Of course I could've packed a few things and instead jetted to some sunny island for a few days..but since I THOUGHT that there is no way I can change my destiny anyway the thought didn't even occurr to me.....)

edit on 62014R000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago51PMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

PM me when back online

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I believe that some of life is pre-destined, but most of it is free will. There are without a doubt signs that come, and if you recognize them, and then act, it changes your life drastically.

I have experienced this many times, and it's real. The effect of thought on circumstances is also a very powerful tool that I believe has been buried by organized religion. I am not anti-religion at all, I just have noticed that.

We are magnetic creatures, and we attract that which we most think about and focus on for long periods of time. Believe me when I tell you it's the truth, plain and simple.

Also, it takes great courage to discuss one's personal life on an internet forum such as ATS. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks everyone that posted , I will try to reply to each post 1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thanks miss nugget , yes I am a female , I can not get counselling for this as there are other complications that could arise if I go into detail.
I am sort of lol fascinated by all of you Americans positive atitudes and I am thankful for it.

I have explored by searching the net for a way to resolve the feelings I have and no one can make me feel this way apparently unless I let them. But to get to that point is the challenge.

How to explain , it's like your swimming in the ocean and you see an island and you have to swim there but there's sharks and big waves and the big waves block your view , how to get there. stuff knows.

I am young at heart and will stay that way despite everything.

1%

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Thanks , a good reply , if I decide to rise up and live and do experience victory , I feel it could be tainted and at the same time I think that is selfish and I am expecting to much from life yeah.
1%

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join