It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood given pass at TSA checkpoints

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Lipton

buster2010
So you are saying that because they are Muslims they should patted down but it's ok for others to just breeze through. That's right all Muslims are terrorist seeing how you are labeling them as a terrorist group when the government says they aren't.

I think the main sticking point is that American citizens have to live under the constant threat of being anally fisted on the whim of a TSA gestapo agent, while special rules are made for a ruling party, no matter how shortly they ruled.

But I'll say that 'All muslims are terrorists,' if it makes you feel any better

No the main point of the thread is to whine about the Brotherhood. If a person wants to complain about the TSA you don't need to bring outsiders into it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by buster2010

And please tell me how that changes the fact that these machines aren't set up to do anything else but turn you into an obedient little cow that does what they tell you to do?

Also, the U.S. didn't view Saddam, Osama etc. as terrorists either. We all saw how that turned out.

Does the machine tell you what to do?? Saddam was Americas boy we put him into office and we had no problems with him murdering his own people until he started to move away from the dollar to the Euro. Of course Osama turned into a terrorist that is what we trained him to do or did you forget he worked with the CIA.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by matafuchs

The Muslim Brotherhood is given free access to the Whitehouse, why not the rest of the country.

Bush welcomed them with open arms funny how nobody complained about it back then.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

So are you defending the brotherhood because its the PC thing to do(as we all know being PC is the new fad these days) or because you truly believe they have no need to be searched like everyone else that is not part of a religious brotherhood.

Well the motto of the forum is deny ignorance not promote it. The Brotherhood is known for building schools and hospitals and creating companies so people can have jobs if they are a terror group then they are very bad at it because giving people what they need is a bad way of creating fear. And you seem to have overlooked how the op had no problem with other foreigners coming into the country without being patted down just the Brotherhood.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

According to the government the Brotherhood isn't a terrorist organization.

But the majority of Americans moving around the country are believed to be, based on the the searches.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Your stating an opinion as you always do with out a source .

Do you have a source or is the ridicule just your opinion...once again.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

buster2010

Auricom

This doesn't surprise me one bit. It's not set up to find terrorists, it's set up to condition the American people into being treated like cattle.

According to the government the Brotherhood isn't a terrorist organization.

According to the government neither is the NBPP, and they call for genocide.

Same for many of the Syrian factions, and many of those many call for jihad.

You're on ATS, so think before you go about trusting government lists,because you're probably on one.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by DocScurlock

So are you defending the brotherhood because its the PC thing to do(as we all know being PC is the new fad these days) or because you truly believe they have no need to be searched like everyone else that is not part of a religious brotherhood.

Well the motto of the forum is deny ignorance not promote it. The Brotherhood is known for building schools and hospitals and creating companies so people can have jobs if they are a terror group then they are very bad at it because giving people what they need is a bad way of creating fear. And you seem to have overlooked how the op had no problem with other foreigners coming into the country without being patted down just the Brotherhood.

That is very much what many had to say about the structural advances of many a vile nation before. Just because they build things for THEIR own chosen group, doesn't mean they're extremists.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

buster2010

Swills

According to Egypt & Russia they are a terrorist group.

So in Egypt they are a terror group that is allowed to hold positions in the government. And the thread isn't about Egypt or Russia but rather America.

The Muslim Brotherhood was actually banned in Egypt just recently, and the government began arresting those who protested under their banner.

To bring it back, I don't see why the US is even meeting with them, let alone granting them a courtesy that can be taken by them as a defacto endorsement of their group and its policies / positions.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think you are talking about the Freedom Agenda in which in 2005 the Bush admin reached out after elections in Egypt were overwhelmed by the MB.

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov...

Bush was reaching out to broker peace. He did not fly them in for tea and try to hide it. This info was pulled by the FOIA. You realize that there are DHS, FBI and State Department officials now in place who are also affiliated with the MB. This would be like Hamas on an Israeli council for the West Bank. Conflict of best interests.

The MB is a known supporter of terror groups and where as it is ok for admin to try to broker peace it is NOT ok the allow them special access that is imposed on a regular citizen. How is this not understood by you or are you simply an Obama supporter who thinks his dumps don't stink? They have killed. So, it is ok to kill US servicemen/women/children/christians as long as you build a school for your own, right?

edit on 01am31amfu2014-01-18T11:28:28-06:001128 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I get your point but the MB has committed acts of terrorism & continues to do so.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No, they're not allowed anymore. The MB was banned in Egypt but in 2011 the ban was lifted & they were allowed to hold positions in office. Fast forward to today they are again not allowed to hold office & are officially a terrorist group.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I guess they have connections in the white house.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The last thing I want to do is side with Buster on any issue (chuckles) but this was about a 2012 delegation. This was prior to the Muslim Brotherhood being considered a terrorist organization.

Also, this was just for the delegation and not for any or every Muslim passing through security.

Politicians of every stripe tend to get a pass and don't have to abide by the same rules as you or I.

Now if TSA ha rules saying that all Muslim Brotherhood members or that all Muslims could avoid TSA security, then I'd have a serious issue with that.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is an old adage that states 'One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!'.

When it comes to air travel I would rather subject myself to TSA security than risk boarding an aircraft with someone intent on bringing it down no matter what the cause!

If you don't wish to be subjected to a modicum of security attention you can always catch a bus or a train, if it's CONUS travel, and if it's Trans Atlantic or Trans Pacific, jump a boat FFS!

Unless you have been living in a cave for the past 10 or 20 years you cannot have failed to notice that the world has changed somewhat. I don't happen to think that the Muslim Brotherhood have any altruistic leanings towards the West in any shape or form. As with any Muslim Fundamentalist Organisation that wants to live in a Caliphate, bugger off to the desert with it and live in peace. Just don't try to ram your ideals down my throat while you make your mind up if you want to live by normal rules and traditions of society. Have your beliefs but not at mine or the rest of the Wests expense. Plenty of Space and land in Saudi or a few other Gulf states for you, shoo!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sorry, these guys have been 'involved' in world politics and used in different ways since the late 1920's. There are connections to the attacks against the Allies in WW2 as well as then being involved in the assassination of Sadat after he released many of those imprisoned. This is also where AQ got its start.

If a group's motto ' "Allah is our objective; the Quran is our law, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and dying in the way of Allah is the highest of our aspirations" or better yet "the principles of the Muslim Brotherhood as including firstly the introduction of the Islamic Sharia as "the basis for controlling the affairs of state and society" and secondly, work to unify "Islamic countries and states, mainly among the Arab states, and liberating them from foreign imperialism" This is from the MB website.

I am not against all of the Muslim faith. To me, like Christians, they can be followers but not radicalized. I compare groups like this to the Baptists who travel the country declaring 'god hates fags'.

What could these people possibly bring to the US that would assist with freedom and the ideals our country was founded on. Marines are accosted and searched after serving our country but the TSA adhered to CAIR warnings about Ramadan as well as the female headwear. It is out there and I am sure you have read it. No exclusions..

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I agree that the Muslim Brotherhood has a dark past. They were responsible for Sadat's assassination!

I am not, in any way, defending the Muslim Brotherhood.

But their political leadership, no matter how evil they may be, deserved the same political consideration as all political VIP's.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The public, who is supposed to be afraid of The Muslim Terrorists, will be quite confused when it (hopefully) comes to light that the TSA has nothing to do with catching them and is only there to make them feel dehumanized.
I can dream...

edit on 18-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh, I see. The Muslim Brotherhood is an exception to the rule. Since the U.S. is all buddy buddy with them now, they won't turn out like all the other M.E. relationships we've had. Also, find it troublesome that these people can just prance on by forgoing the checkpoints all together while hard working American citizens virtually have to be molested for trying to board a plane. I surmise from your replies that you're totally find with all that...

And yes, the machines alongside the TSA is telling you what to do. Reminds me of the opening few minutes of one of my favorite games where a Combine soldier tells you to pick up a piece of trash from the ground and to throw it away lest you get a beating. (From Half Life 2)

Coming to a checkpoint near you.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is that this happened BEFORE the MB candidate was elected president in Egypt.

The April 2012 visit came before the Muslim Brotherhood’s candidate was elected Egypt’s president, although the Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) had won a plurality of seats in parliamentary elections. The expedited entry is known as a “port courtesy” normally reserved for high-ranking visiting government officials and dignitaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join