It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Curves on NSA Data Use

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Why does everything have to come down to left vs right with you guys?

Jesus, can you not see that Obama is only continuing what Bush began?
Its like one establishes precident, and then the next comes along to push the boundaries of that setting up the path for the next guy to establish a new precident.
The only ones who lose are folks like us who make pointless quips across the divide that THEY created.
Government. Is. The. Problem. Both sides. Dem AND Repub.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ok then It's just Obama, Holder, Pelosi, Biden, Reid and a whole host of other's.
Damn, near all Democrats. Feinstein's, is Crazy with Power!

Sen. Feinstein's "Improvement" to NSA Spying on Americans: Make it Legal

Senator spews forth legislation that would institutionalize the government tracking Americans daily
"I feel I have an obligation to do everything I can to keep this country safe. So put that in your pipe and smoke it," Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) told reporters in June.

But if Senator Feinstein has her way, the Constitution's obstacles to "fighting terrorism" will be pushed and the NSA will be dramatically re-envisioned as an agency who is largely tasked with spending billions of American taxpayer dollars spying on law-abiding Americans.

Daily tech

Top Democrats pushed back Tuesday against a federal judge’s ruling that the NSA’s phone-records collection program violates privacy rights, asking for higher courts to quickly get involved and bring legal certainty to the murky world of intelligence gathering.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat and chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, said Judge Richard J. Leon’s decision, released Monday, contradicts a secret intelligence court that has upheld the National Security Agency’s phone program 35 times, and contradicts a federal court in California that said the program doesn’t infringe on privacy.

Judge Leon ordered the NSA to stop collecting information on two plaintiffs in the case before him, though he stayed his own order to give the Obama administration a chance to appeal.

OK, here are some Dem's for you, I guess their not that important,,,,,,,,

But Mrs. Feinstein and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, said Judge Leon’s decision is an outlier.
The White House was mostly mum, [u]but President Obama’s nominee to be the next top attorney at the CIA, Caroline Krass, said she also disagreed with Judge Leon.

Top Democrats Reject Court Ruling
Did you catch that aprt about Obama's next Nominee for the Top Attorney Slot at the CIA!!!
A Obama Yes Mam

edit on 18-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I really don't believe Bush was as big a Obama in the NWO . I loathed both Bushes , but "W" was a ticket to the Presidency for the former Chairman of the Council of Foreign Relations , Dick Cheney who really ran things for the Globalist .

I don't care who gets elected to any high office they have to be supported by the Globalist Elite and meet with the Bilderbergers before they get the funding to be competitive . One of their claims is that they name presidents and they aren't lying . So who ever you vote for it is the same program , same agenda . Hillary care / Obama Care . With the Republicans resisting the Globalist as much as they can . The likely outcome of Obama Care is that the Republicans defund it and no one has health care as the medical industry crashes . This too is one of the goals of the Globalist. Look at Europe .

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

So you ACTUALLY believe that Bush did "all he could" to defy the corporate, global elite?
Lmao

The dude is a Texas oil man with family ties directly to Nazi Germany.
Unbelievable

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by SimonPeter

So you ACTUALLY believe that Bush did "all he could" to defy the corporate, global elite?
Lmao

The dude is a Texas oil man with family ties directly to Nazi Germany.
Unbelievable

That didn't happen at alll - I was around back then, Bush was Cheney's puppet, and his dad and grandpa especially had direct ties to Nazi Germany - and his family had ties to oil, as well - thus the Iraq war - although in the end, I think Bush was a good guy, now he is retired and learning how to paint dogs.

CaticusMaximus
Please dont tell me you believe or have faith in one god damned word that comes out of this loser puppets mouth....
You saw his lips moving, right? Then you know hes lying.

I don't believe it honestly - on the one hand, it could be a way to appear to deal with the Snowden leaks (which are now outdated) while simultaneously making new policies or keeping the old ones. It is apparently all about appearances and not about realities.
edit on 18amSat, 18 Jan 2014 01:04:51 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The way of which the N.S.A. is spying on Americans is in violation of the 4th Amendment, a secret court (the Fisa court) ruled -

Wikipedia: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court

Greenwald (the reporter from The Guardian) owns Feinstein in this video from back in the summer.
edit on 18amSat, 18 Jan 2014 01:00:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Old man Bush and his NWO speech sticks in my crawl . "W" I despised too ! He didn't have the brains to be useful to the Globalist . I did see him one time sign our country away to the NWO and with reflections later I saw a video and he didn't seem to be able to sign it . It was like he almost didn't sign it but I am sure the JFK thing came to mind .
Cheney on the other hand I believe to be complicit in many unconscionable deeds far beyond the duties of a man in waiting for the President to die . He was the real power of the Administration .
Bush signing the Patriot act effectively took away our rights . The thing is I don't think he had the capacity to understand what he signed .

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You can't be serious?

Don't minimize what Bush did either. www.washingtonpost.com...

Don't minimize what the current administration has done, or what it isn't doing either. This isn't a partisan issue because both party leaders have dirty hands.

I would be surprised if the current one will do or say anything too damning about spying though, because they already made the trip to Germany to say foreign spying was kosher, and for sure "there's no hanky panky going on Angela, we just wanted your soup recipes."

If they admit the spying is illegal now they are giving Snowden a pass. No?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It doesn't matter that Bush started it or that Obama extended it. That's all in the past, if you actually pay attention to politics you know that both Republicans and Democrats are totally corrupt. Forget about arguing over who has tried to screw people over more and who is to blame. Blame is irrelevant. Focus on fixing the problems rather than dwell on the past.

With that in mind, I don't believe the NSA's policies were changed for even an instant. This was a PR move so that they can say reforms have taken place and Snowdens information is no longer accurate. In Obama's speech he outright said the NSA doesn't target Americans and doesn't conduct blanket surveilance. Two things we know are absolutely false.

When conducting reforms you're honest about the failures, address the points, and say they'll be fixed, if you're sincere you even include oversight so the public can see that they're fixed. Obama did none of that.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I thought the dems were against the patriot act,,,
So why did Obama extend it?
The NSA is just proof of their true beliefs.

They were.........yesterday.

Oh wait, I meant the day before yesterday.
edit on 18-1-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

No, no, I meant the day before the day before yesterday. Yeah, that's it. Do you get me man?
edit on 18-1-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ive never seen it.

Speaking about age, I think the saddest part of my statement is that a perceptive 20 year old could state what I did with legitimacy, the changes have happened so quickly and so glaringly. But the fact that so many people DONT see much change, because they cant, dont want to, or are simply not paying any attention is the worst part. Actually scratch that, the worst part is those multitudes who just dont care.

Its obvious, whats happened and what is happening, but people are content in their own little denial worlds.

Im not sure where humanity is going... I have some ideas, and the truth will probably a mix of them all... but I am sure I dont want to be around in the future to experience what is to come. (*spoiler alert*: theres no happy ending)

I live in a country now, but I am no longer part of it in a spiritual sense, so to speak.

That spirit that once pervaded America and defined it, has now IMO been indisputably supplanted by an entirely new antithesis spirit that is in full control.

Worst part is (wow, lots of worst parts, arnt there?) I think most of the public is actually in harmony with this spirit of Amerika, and the old spirit of America would actually make them feel uncomfortable and actually fight against it and actively work to subvert it, just as has been done in recent decades... successfully.

Amerika is the manifest will of the public. That, I will say at last, is the punchline and absolute worst part of this entire joke.

edit on 1/18/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I read his little speech a couple of time now and he didnt actually say he was going to do anything.

All data is still being collected. Who care's who holds onto it?

Any oversight committee is purely for show. They'll make their little suggestions maybe even levy complaints but in the end it's a handful of people telling Goliath he should be nicer. When has that ever worked? Without shooting at Goliath?

The gist of the speech was this: "We're sorry you found out about all this and we promise to do our best to distract you or at least make you think it's not such a big deal. In the meantime we're going to keep right on doing all this stuff and more because 9/11."

Washington needs carpet bombing. Heavy, deep and long-term.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

... civil liberties must be respected."

SNL vet Kevin Nealon would've added: "As they are being trampled under my direction."

How long will it take people to understand that this man will say anything, without regard for truth, if he thinks that's what his audience wants to hear; with dropped "g"s, drawl or mannerisms thrown in for added effect.

Of course, the MSM eats it up and the low-information sycophants drink it down.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You should see about getting that to watch if you can find it in a good format. It's actually a pretty good miniseries, even by the standards of that time.

As I recall, the general premise was invasion and conquer by velvet glove and essentially with the happy acceptance of far too many who refused to believe what they were seeing wasn't spontaneous mistake or accident ..but very very deliberate, high stakes action from overseas origin.

I think the most memorable scene of the movie to have kept this many years later was how Congress was dismissed ..and retirement packages weren't necessary. Nor were replacements ..although cleaning crews would have been busy for weeks before tours would have resumed in the Capital Building. It was a pretty powerful thing for the 1980's. We really are living some parts and aspects of it now.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If Obama concedes these things, why isnt he giving Ed Snowden a patriots medal?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This isn't about any one person or party - they take a big role in all of it but it's also about what we allow. It's always hard to take personal responsibility when it is a collective matter - and when it's so hard to gain control back. I get it but people as a whole need to be vigilant in changing things if we expect to see it shift back to normal.

Obama has been entrusted as the spokesperson along with all of those in government. If he didn't know about the extent of the NSA that's a problem. If he did - that is also a problem. There is a tendency for him to shift blame, and to twist things so they make him look like the good guy so I don't put much faith in his words. The secret court sounds like a way to make him look good while also keeping things status quo. Transparency just as he promised. So what happens next - we all gripe about it for awhile and hope someone strong comes along to change it because our power is nil. Thus - things remain the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I do Not trust this guy and IF people think for one second his new NSA reform is a good thing they need to get thier heads out of their arses. He wants to still collect the data but put it in the private sector where it would take a court order ( from a secret court some are reporting) for the Gov to get their hands back on the data...

yeah.. we know those "secret courts" are always willing to sign a court order in favor of the government - it's what they do - so -

How is our data any more secure From the government

IT'S NOT.

This is a smoke screen to pacify the naive American public.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Skyfloating
If Obama concedes these things, why isnt he giving Ed Snowden a patriots medal?

Because he's not sorry it's being done, he's sorry that we found out. The reforms aren't to end it, they're to invalidate our information on how they're doing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sure he has, he will just get a private group or company to store the data and do the snooping.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Frankinpillow because: spelling problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join