It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find child's body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Edinburgh Police leading a massive search for missing Mikaeel Kular have just announced the finding of a male child's body and the arrest of one person. The search for the boy has been called off.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Very sad news
edit on 17-1-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Yeah just seen it

Poor little blighter

Thoughts go out to his family, it appears someone has been arrested in connection to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Such a sweet looking boy too. What a sad ending indeed. I hope the wheels of justice bring about a fair ending to this tragedy. Rest in peace, little one.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
His mum has been detained by the police. Apparently they lived in Fife, and Miekeel was known to social services.

Even the assistant chief constable was visibly upset when he broke the news, and I've never heard it before but when he broke the news the reporters gasped and were shocked...it was at that point you could see him struggling to keep his composure.

That poor little boy...he had a twin sister too, he was one and youngest of 5 children...They must all be in bits especially with their mum being detained
Sad sad news to be going to bed on
Rainbows to the little boy and his siblings
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Just seen this on BBC news.

Chief Constable visibly upset and media reactions audible.

News sates Mother arrested, relatives house in nearby Kircaldy sealed off by Police and tape as is an area of woodland.

Not going to prejudge anything here but it doesn't look good.

The body has been confirmed as that of the little lad by the media, so I guess in the light of previous criticisms they have received official confirmation of this fact.

Hope there is a special place somewhere for these little kids souls to be looked after as earth is such a bad place for them.

RIP little one, RIP.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Oh Christ, no. I was so hoping they were going to find him alive. All last evening though i couldnt get him out of my head and feelings of incredible negativity.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

They also mentioned on Sky news in the early hours, that Mikaeel was 'known to social services' when he lived in Fife...they seem to have shut up about that now....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I'm not at all surprised. The whole story from the mum sounded like BS to start with. Not happy to be right.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Damn.

It is never easy to hear news like this, even when you are the other end of the country, or for that matter, the other side of the world. But the video, which was part of the article linked to by the OP, where the senior officer gave the press statement.... I have never heard a group of reporters and pressmen make that collective noise before, that shocked, despairing gasp rippling amongst them, followed by near silence.

I have seen firemen, policemen, ambulance staff, and armed forces personnel speaking with halts in their voices, choking down the emotions that a given event has impacted them with. I have even seen individual war reporters, and correspondents from disaster zones, and sure enough they show their feelings on occasion. But what I have never seen before is a collective of members of the press being emotionally affected by what they are seeing or hearing, not to the degree that they make an audible response from behind the cameras.

It just goes to show how emotionally invested people had become in the fate of this little boy. We do not yet know enough about the circumstances which lead to his death, to speculate over much about what precisely happened, and why, but if it turns out that this little fellow was indeed under observation by social service officials, then there will be a crap storm. There have been many cases of the social services letting the most vulnerable and defenseless amongst us fall through the cracks, many high profile incidents, and if that turns out being what happened here, there will be such an uproar. Put it this way, if hardened pressmen and police officers cannot contain their emotions on the subject, then you can bet that every activist group with an interest in like matters, will be out in the streets within the week.

What a bloody tragedy.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
His grandmother maternal) is a GP!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Under Scots Law, from arrest to charge is a matter of 24hrs.

If released on Police bail it usually means that they have not got sufficient evidence at this stage to charge. That's just some basics, not speculation.

I am not prepared to prejudge this sorry tale, but there will be a sh@t load of public outcry if the systems have failed yet again.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Shuftystick
there will be a sh@t load of public outcry if the systems have failed yet again.

Yeh from all those people who have devolved their personal responsibilities of protecting children to 'the system'.
The killer is to blame, alone.
If the mother is the killer then I'm getting ready for the usual bleeding hearts who will present her as a vulnerable person who must have had depression/mental health/etc issues 'because a mother would never do that', and it must be the fault of 'the system' - no, blame the the killer.

I'm a father and if there was any question about my feelings of protection for my child then I would seek help from family, friends, and/or mental health professionals. If (and for the benefit of people who don't read every word in posts, IF) this mother killed her child, then aside from a situation being in a genuine psychotic episode with hallucinations and delusions, then she is just scum deseving a life locked up. If there were no hallucinations or delusions then a self serving emotional choice was made and to kill your own child because of emotional distress tells me they should not be on the streets again, ever.

I await the vulnerable victim brigade to start presenting compassion and understanding for the mother if she is found to be guilty. I say no excuses except for absolute psychotic episodes - Either way, lock her up for ever if she did it, I don't want someone who'd kill their own child on the same streets as me.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
33 year old woman arrested and now charged with the death of the poor lad.

His mother is 33 yrs old, unfortunately, draw your own conclusions.

What a world we live in.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
people that do these things to kids deserve 2 things. due process and a date with an industrial strength wood chipper !

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Grainofsand,
Hold back until the full FACTS emerge from this sad event. Your views and feelings are respected, but until the full picture emerges, don't just blame the mother, IF it was her.

It is always the children that suffer when things go wrong. One thing I can guarantee is that no one will be in a rush to accept responsibility for any part in this child's death. I will tell you all one thing though, stop expecting the Police to be all things to all people when the Social Services, Child Protection and Health Professionals fail, the Police end up picking up,the pieces. That is a daily occurrence in the UK and with local,authority funding being cut you can imagine how this is going to make a bad situation worse.

The welfare and protection of the children should not be displaced to satisfy political correctness or washy washy human rights. The right to life is paramount over everything else - look it up!

22:30 GMT, News Headlines confirm Mother was charged, sad.

edit on 18-1-2014 by Shuftystick because: Updated News Headline

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We saw people at their very best from the huge numbers of volunteers who joined the search. Terrible circumstances are often where the most admirable human qualities shine through. Small comfort I know but worth remembering.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Shuftystick

Grainofsand,
Hold back until the full FACTS emerge from this sad event. Your views and feelings are respected, but until the full picture emerges, don't just blame the mother, IF it was her.
Hmm, I'm sorry, I thought I had stressed the word 'if' enough times in my post that it would have been clear. I stand by my statement that if this woman killed her own child then there is no-one else to blame but the killer.
Life circumstances, depression yadda yadda, the killer made the choice and deserves no sympathy if this was an intentional killing.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For the benefit of the greater ATS...

Here in the UK a long running litany of failure by various organisations, individuals and even legislation itself has seen many many babies and infants die of mistreatment by those responsible for their care, usually the parent/s.

There are so many divergent links in the chain of care that it begins to look like a sculpture from one of those crazies that puts dead calves or sharks in a tank or uses their bed to effect shock. I use this analogy because everyone shows shock when the inevitable happens and another child has died.

What is the problem then that leads to the death of these little ones? It's called society, and it's so materialistic that reality flies out of the window with the latest TV series on eating termites or running round naked in a house with 24/7 TV monitoring, you know the type of programme I mean. Overall, morals and responsibility have all but evaporated. Have a look at the way people drive and the prevalence of road rage.
So, you have children at risk as a result of their parents, usually. How do we know of this? Well it could be part of the NHS or National Health Service seeing signs when the child passes through their care, it could be school, neighbours, relatives, the Police, Social Services, the Court System, Religious contacts, the public, shopkeepers and that's just for starters.

What is the common denominator? Observation, simple as, if you see something amiss you have a moral obligation to report it, who to? The Million Dollar Question, the answer to which I leave open...only you can decide that when the time comes. But do not be put off by the local council trying to tell you it's not their problem and you should contact the Police. Every council has a duty of care, like all the organisations, although you might not believe it at times, there will be a duty & assessment team with an on-call number and an out of hours emergency number. Use them and record who you speak to and the time and what the response is, just in case.

However, how do you know if your report, plea or whatever has had any effect? The likelyhood is it won't have as the system is too ponderous to cope, there is no lateral thought here, flow charts have to be followed as do procedures, if the answer to Q.1 is yes, proceed to Q.2, you get the picture.

The Police are having to follow a politically correct path that sees kids who abscond from care into the streets and risk get rounded up and passed back to the care and...obviously that is for the older ones obviously.

Social services have been pared to the bone and so afraid of their own shadows after so many deaths on their watch that they are relatively ineffective and tend to rely on the Police to absorb the collection of the absconding kids 24/7. That ties up a whole raft of Police resource, but that's someone else's problem for now.

The At Risk Registers do not seem to work very well and the collective input does not serve the ones that need it, the kids.

What is the answer?

Not sure, and we don't know yet what the picture of 'care' in relation to the little Scots lad is.

Perhaps it is time for a total overhaul of the system, what we have does not work, and Western society is sadly lacking in its overall care of kids at risk.

OK ATS, wherein lies the answer, we all know what the problem is, kids keep dying, and it can't all be blamed on the parent, even if guilty.

edit on 19-1-2014 by Shuftystick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Shuftystick
kids keep dying, and it can't all be blamed on the parent, even if guilty.

I take sole and full responsibility for the protection of my child, if you want to find other social constructs to blame then so be it but I do not. The killer is solely responsible for the death of the child. Excuses, emotional or otherwise, are no justification or reason to feel empathy for the murderer of the child.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There We Are Then!
You of course are entitled to your opinion, as a parent of 3 I accept my responsibilities even though they youngest is now 30!

When the full picture, truth and facts eventually emerge ATS members can see for themselves where reality lies. It won't be clear cut and simply the parents fault, no matter what.

Vicarious liability and duty of care should give some indication of where others responsibilities lay.

One thing I am prepared to state is that someone, somewhere, other than the Mother failed this child and I will guarantee it won't be an individual in isolation.

Responsibilities towards the innocent lie with more than the parents. Best to wait now until the facts emerge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join