It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence Corroborates the Quantum Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I beg your pardon?

Seriously, incredible assumptions you keep having!

These same nutjobs are leaping from information not being destroyed, to a belief that an intact conscious being can live separate of a physical body, when all the EVIDENCE clearly points otherwise.

It boggles my mind how much hypocrisy you are filled with to be making these statements!

Not worth my time anymore. Enjoy lalaland.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Again, you show you're just a blind skeptic having a knee jerk reaction to anything that disagrees with your blind belief. You said:

These same nutjobs are leaping from information not being destroyed, to a belief that an intact conscious being can live separate of a physical body, when all the EVIDENCE clearly points otherwise.

What evidence clearly points otherwise?? Where's all this evidence??

Skepticism is fine and it's needed as we research and debate these things. Blind skepticism or pseudo-skeptics offer nothing to the debate outside of blind attacks. So now everyone that doesn't share your BLIND faith is a nutjob. LOL, a typical pseudo-skeptic.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Another thing it begins to explain is how different vibrations can give people different moods. Something that has been labeled as "hocus pocus" in the past. Knowing these vibrations can help treat illness. The article says:

An important new facet of the theory is introduced. Microtubule quantum vibrations (e.g. in the megahertz frequency range) appear to interfere and produce much slower EEG “beat frequencies.” Despite a century of clinical use, the underlying origins of EEG rhythms have remained a mystery. Clinical trials of brief brain stimulation — aimed at microtubule resonances with megahertz mechanical vibrations using transcranial ultrasound — have shown reported improvements in mood, and may prove useful against Alzheimer’s disease and brain injury in the future.

Again, these people are not "nutjobs" who just want to believe this. They're Scientist who have been researching these things for years. They simply saw there was zero evidence that consciousness could be explained as an emergent property of the material brain so they looked elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

How can you be co-opted into a self-appointed anything?

Hmmm. ???

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My quantum mind is usually should I drink or should I not drink

Spooky !!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

hey who starred me!! there's a 50/50 chance your a female.!!

spooky too!

That's what the quantum science is all about. Right? either or either

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

RUFFREADY
reply to post by RUFFREADY

hey who starred me!! there's a 50/50 chance your a female.!!

Ah but what if the person who gave you a star is a hermaphrodite? I don't see room in your either/or math for that possibility...

edit on 18-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You didn't answer my question. Are you implying I'm disinformation agent.... seriously?

That's... bizarre, sofi. Just bizarre.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Oh, I don't know, how about the HUNDREDS of experiments which CLEARLY show that the PHYSICAL brain is linked to aspects of personality, for starters?

Maybe try split brain experiments, or stroke induced personality disorders.

Seriously, you're out of your mind with the idiotic assumptions.

No point in trying to reason with you further.

Blows my mind how stupid some people are on this site.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

webedoomed

You didn't answer my question. Are you implying I'm disinformation agent.... seriously?

I for one don't think you're a disinfo agent. I think you're just a skeptic who has lost hope and doesn't want to risk letting false-hope into your heart. So you take your skepticism to an unreasonable extreme as a defense mechanism.

This is for you.

edit on 18-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No beliefs are required for curiosity.

False, curiosity in based on the belief of understanding/comprehension. As a characteristic it also evolved on the unbalanced belief of finding something positive in the end.

edit on 18-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

webedoomed

Nononono! ...I meant we can co-opt ourselves into self-appointed committees if we don't deconstruct the disinformation etc. It were a joke mi amigo. Just laugh, enjoy life, feel good and wait for the light. [Still going through nic withdrawal here, but slipped and now am a bit dizzy.]

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Not worth it.

Enjoy the group psychosis.
edit on 18-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Crap!! You must be a scientist!! I didn't even think of that!! Jeeze!! so it should be 33/33/33/....possibility of one of the three ..

hahaha!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not this one? ...I think we posted at the same time.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

webedoomed
Not worth it.

Enjoy the group psychosis.
edit on 18-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

What!! I guess you've never been in the service?? It's what makes thoughts become real..or not...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh come now. Don't give up! We aren't doomed yet and there is hope for the future! Don't let them win.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

LOL, you tried to fool everyone into thinking you're just curious but you're a closed monded skeptic that doesn't understand what your talking about.

Explain this LINK between personality and the brain. What exactly is this link and how does this link translate to personality? Is this link brain activity? What specific brain activity are you talking about and how does it translate to personality?

My DVD player has activity when I push play, does this mean my DVD player has personality??

The point is, just because the brain shows activity during certain tasks, it doesn't mean the brain is responsible for the activity. The brain processes a lot of information and stores this information. There's zero evidence that the brain operates and navigates through the information it stores.

For instance, how does the material brain recall specific memories at will? If I wish to recall a specific memory when I first went swimming, how does the material brain know I wish to recall this specific memory?

What tells the material brain that the material brain wants the material brain to recall the specific memory when I first went swimming?

How does the material brain know the difference between a memory where I first went swimming and when I first went diving and how does it know which memory I wish to recall?

How does the material brain know how I feel about this memory vs. any other memory?

At the end of the day, you're the one making a huge ASSUMPTION. There's no evidence that brain activity = consciousness. If you have this link, I'm sure the Nobel Prize committee will want to hear this super duper secret evidence you have.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

In point of fact, these are the only 'nutjobs' who happen to think that consciousness can survive without a body...oh, you want evidence?

In our study about 50% of the patients with an NDE reported awareness of being dead, or had positive emotions, 30% reported moving through a tunnel, had an observation of a celestial landscape, or had a meeting with deceased relatives. About 25% of the patients with an NDE had an out-of-body experience, had communication with “the light,” or observed colours, 13% experienced a life review, and 8% experienced a border.

Several theories have been proposed to explain NDE. However, in our prospective study we did not show that psychological, physiological or pharmacological factors caused these experiences after cardiac arrest.

And yet, neurophysiological processes must play some part in NDE, because NDE-like experiences can be induced through electrical “stimulation” of some parts of the cortex in patients with epilepsy,8 with high carbon dioxide levels (hypercarbia)9 and in decreased cerebral perfusion resulting in local cerebral hypoxia, as in rapid acceleration during training of fighter pilots,10 or as in hyperventilation followed by Valsalva maneuver.11 ... These recollections, however, consist of fragmented and random memories unlike the panoramic life-review that can occur in NDE. Further, transformational processes are rarely reported after induced experiences. Thus, induced experiences are not identical to NDE.

This is the report of a nurse of a Coronary Care Unit:

“During night shift an ambulance brings in a 44-year old cyanotic, comatose man into the coronary care unit. He was found in coma about 30 minutes before in a meadow. When we go to intubate the patient, he turns out to have dentures in his mouth. I remove these upper dentures and put them onto the ‘crash cart.’ After about an hour and a half the patient has sufficient heart rhythm and blood pressure, but he is still ventilated and intubated, and he is still comatose. He is transferred to the intensive care unit to continue the necessary artificial respiration. Only after more than a week do I meet again with the patient, who is by now back on the cardiac ward. The moment he sees me he says: ‘O, that nurse knows where my dentures are.’ I am very surprised. Then he elucidates: ‘You were there when I was brought into hospital and you took my dentures out of my mouth and put them onto that cart, it had all these bottles on it and there was this sliding drawer underneath, and there you put my teeth.’ I was especially amazed because I remembered this happening while the man was in deep coma and in the process of CPR. It appeared that the man had seen himself lying in bed, that he had perceived from above how nurses and doctors had been busy with the CPR. He was also able to describe correctly and in detail the small room in which he had been resuscitated as well as the appearance of those present like myself. He is deeply impressed by his experience and says he is no longer afraid of death.”

ABOUT THE CONTINUITY OF OUR CONSCIOUSNESS
Pim van Lommel

I suggest you go read the entire paper in full and then come back with your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well being I'm the last dog from Krypton and my brain is 10x's that of a human..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join