It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creative Thiefs, Stealing Ideas From ATS Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Awesome, I was posting for years on other sites with alternative topics we used to search the web in search of ancient mysteries

then politics reard it's ugly head, but what a great mystery that has become.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Hey, that's my book, although the story line wasn't the most exciting, the lessons were something to live by.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You do not have to be a corporation to make use of copy right laws which are recognized by almost every country in the world. The poor mans copy right is to write your story, idea, or thread onto paper and place in an envelope and address it to your self sealed. Once you receive it back through the mail the post office date stamp and the sealed envelope ensure your idea is copy righted. Still better to one of the many sites that provide legal services for a small fee and pay for the real deal...that simple

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

redflinstone
Nothing posted on this main stream website is original..absolutely nothing.

For the most part yes.

But that is anywhere really.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
These days I see many things on Reddit a bit before someone else copies it here.
If it bleeds there, it leads here. Instant popular thread. I just shake my head.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

madmac5150
Maybe we should collectively feed them some whacked out crap and see how far they take it...

"Alien Reptilians infiltrate Girl Scouts to accost our baked goods..."

This tactic seems to work for The Onion and they don't even try.
Fooled by ‘The Onion’: 9 Most Embarrassing Fails
China’s People’s Daily Convinced Kim Jong-un Is Sexiest Man Alive
Iranian Media Fooled by Fake Poll
The New York Times Tricked by Mock ‘Tiger Beat’ Cover.

There's more at the link above. So that being said of course the nutters out there in media use sites like this to source ideas. We make it quite easy for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Hmmm, you may be right.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

redflinstone

there is nothing new under the sun
most thoughts have been thought before.

leaving me to wonder are we allowed only so much knowledge, lest we become like gods

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I always ask myself what is the connection to this "place",

We're all showoffs who are willing to share?
edit on 17-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

randyvs

I always ask myself what is the connection to this "place",

We're all showoffs who are willing to share?
edit on 17-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

or embarrass ourselves

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We should be happy that our perceptions and ideas are getting utilized. At least someone is paying attention. I think a lot of the media comes here for ideas for stories and articles. We do their legwork for them. It could save them money.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

redflinstone

there is nothing new under the sun
most thoughts have been thought before.

leaving me to wonder are we allowed only so much knowledge, lest we become like gods

I think that you are actually right about that. We are not allowed to create things out of the box, our minds are limited by something. I think it is conditioning that limits us and others that suppress us so we are leary to say what we know if it does not match consensus of the time. Society governs this suppression of intellect saying we need to memorize what others have discovered. I think that this conditioning buffers creativity. It keeps the powerful and rich in their position. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to build a rocket.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hey, that's my book, although the story line wasn't the most exciting, the lessons were something to live by.

LOL

Ha ha Sorry Storm Dancer, it's the quick and the dead around here.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

How many of you recall how X Files episodes seemed to closely follow postings on Paranet? This is nothing new.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I see a lot of threads on here as of late that are just regurgitating stories from other websites such as blacklistednews.com which is linked to alex jones infowars.com. and Alex jones has a lot of Whistle Blowers,people in the Military,Pentagon People,People in the NSA contacting him and he has actual investigative reporters checking out the facts...so who is blagging who?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am responding only to the initial post. I thought this exact same thing many times because Fox news was right on the heels of ATS. So I wondered where they were getting their news from. Now it seems, Fox News is THE news and other agencys are following their lead, which is right here on ATS!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I know that I've heard John B. Wells, Saturday host on Coast to Coast AM reference threads on this site and others quite a bit over the years. I'm not sure if he's just a lurker or is a contributing member. He certainly got me interested and lurking for several years.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Jessee Ventura covers a lot of the same topics as ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i think 2 many here are drinking the ats kool aid how many members are logged on at any time 300 or so 100 sometimes out of 7 billion world wide the same stories that are on the web appear here ats is a news site nothing more 190 members online now
edit on 18-1-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by hellobruce

Right, but the presentation of the ideas is very unique to ATS.

Also a lot of ideas are discuss'd here on a level thats hard to find anywhere else. Im not saying this to pat the website on the back on im saying it because its true.

Im putting most of the value of this website in the members. The moderation does play a roll but without the members the moderation doesnt exist.

Copyright is copyright, which pertains to actual written words. If I write a word down on a piece of paper, it's automatically copyrighted to me.

In any case, on ATS, they own the copyright (if I remember correctly) or they own specific portions of it, which you agree to by signing up and agreeing to the T&C.

If you sell "first rights" to a publisher, you are selling the first time-ever-published rights to them. Once it's published, you can never sell those rights again. Just as you can't use material here for certain things because T&C limits that. Not really a bad thing, the site needs to survive and it is user generated content.

Now, if the people you mentioned took your work and used it word for word, it would violate the Above Network's copyrights, which they could legally pursue. However, if they are merely skimming for ideas you should be happy they are using your work to add to their own. Just as people that we source on here probably feel about their.

If your writings have been reproduced somewhere else, and not been adequately sourced, I recommend alerting the mods so they can send a friendly message to the evil villain in the ivory tower other party and make sure they give proper sourcing back here.
edit on 18-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join