It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Film of Market Street, San Francisco 4 days before 1906 Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Spotted this on another forum and thought it was worth sharing with my ATS friends. Sound is a studio job, but it works really well. Really gave me the chills once in a while thinking about how normal that day was and what was to come. Enjoy!

Link to YouTube
edit on 17-1-2014 by teslarocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
All those people are pretty much dead now. More evidence of the fleeting nature of existence.

Hey, that guy cut me off!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ha, ha, ha!
I thought traffic is bad now!
At least we have crosswalks & traffic lights!

Thanks! That was really neat!
An awesome glimpse into the past.
Almost gave me a headache though, holding my breath...
waiting to see who or what, was going to get hit first!!!

Gotta love the guy with the bag, that crosses the street,
& jumps into the back of a random wagon!
And the lady in the dark dress that crosses the street from left to right.
She never looked left or right that I could see!
You go girl!!! Ha, ha! Wouldn't want to mess with her!!!

People must have had much steadier nerves,
& a lot less anger issues back then!!!
WOQ
edit on 17-1-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by teslarocks

Love it how cars drove back then wandering all over the road. I wonder how many of the drivers were drunk.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

That's fascinating. I had no idea there were not traffic regulations. Horses, cars and people everywhere going in all directions. The attire sure has changed as well.
I enjoyed this - Thank you!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
SnF, thanks OP

Its hard to find daredevil picture these days, and its whole city of daredevil!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Spotted this on another forum

Feel free to find it on this forum as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I saw it on ATS before too, and actually thought of it a few days ago, but I didn't know it was filmed just days before the earthquake. Well worth the watch again. So it was normal for people to cross the street anywhere and everywhere, as no traffic signals were yet in use.

If you haven't watched it yet, please do so, it leaves a lasting memory of "times gone by".

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that. The only thing missing are the smells.

You had to be light on your feet in those days. I'll have to look again, but I didn't see fat people.

Simpler times were not that simple.

I imagined being that boy in the wagon that poked his head out of the tarp (8min mark) and watched the camera for awhile. I wish I could just close my eyes and ride home.
edit on 1/18/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Kind of figured it was here somewhere. Everything is on ATS!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
star for you. good post. it made me sad to watch. i presume you are thinking california is way over due for the big one. i certainly think so. a disaster back in 1904. unfathomable today.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thanks for the trip into our past. Enjoyed the part at the 4:25ish mark as they passed the saloon.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Watch it on full screen with the sound up. Then you're almost there. Streets were crowded even then, and nobody had lights or stop signs to go by, they just went willy-nilly where they pleased.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've seen this before several times and one thing I noticed this time that kinda reflects on us today. Very few fat people!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
that called not enjoy,i feel so terrible und schocked,I can not believe that such an earthquake will happen if I encounter.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Awsome video, thanks for posting..
I still believe that tragedy was intentional ,used to erase the magnificent buildings in frisco from an earlier time.
Most history is in fact a lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The interesting thing to note is that was the start of the transition from horse to motor vehicle. The horse had reach a point of becoming a environmental disaster back then and we are seeing the same thing today with the transition to electrical from gas. It all takes time and you can't rush it in saying something like kill the gas car in 10 years, the gas car will go the way of the horse in the near future without horrendous sacrifices in the process just like how the horse was replaced.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
the gas car will go the way of the horse in the near future without horrendous sacrifices in the process just like how the horse was replaced.

Near future? Nope. Not until battery tech, recycling, electric production pollution and infrastructure are all improved. I guess it depends on your definition of "near".

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Near future? Nope. Not until battery tech, recycling, electric production pollution and infrastructure are all improved. I guess it depends on your definition of "near".

30 yeears

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's not that I'm against elec vehicles, but they still have some way to go until they are fully ready to replace ICE. I see more like 50-100yrs. Unless the battery advances I keep hearing about actually come to fruition, in which case I'd say more like 50. But we may make it in 30. Anyway, JMO.

top topics

join