It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be afraid, be very afraid. . . .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Cheeezous! Geezer..lol...way to go from one thread and create a new and different thread.
But your point is valid. Its conditioning. But so far life is easy going..for me at least. And I'm thankful for it. I remember being in the police academy. ( was fired after one week ).. but looking back. Some of the training on dealing with the public. Seemed to implement seeing ahead.

Example...read the paper they said...notice gas price increase...now be suspicious of the public always...john doe will steal gas.
And prepare as gas prices will continue to climb...( 1996 ). Gas was 1.89 per gallon. Was told then gas would exceed $4.00/gallon.
As a result...transporting basic commodities...prices will skyrocket. And milk prices will climb...and Jane doe will steal milk...be prepared and suspicious of all the public...

The internet (AOL) will produce cyber crimes...all the public will become sexual predators... use our cyber unit to watch and catch criminals.
The officer must use intimidation tactics. Keep in control using cognitive and coercive tactics..always suspect everyone of criminal activity.

Now I can't go to a restaurant without sitting at a corner table watching everyone in view...never turn my back. Sit at the back of a movie theater.

Thank god I got fired and became a paramedic/firefighter..flight medic then nurse.
But even in nursing school. We were taught to treat (Tx) the patient..now referred as a client. As if they know nothing. Dumb down the conversation with the patient/client. Don't let them control their treatment/Tx

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Mamatus
Crap, What happens when you don't fear the Government? You become me. I am simply not afraid of anything on your list. The Government has no interest in small potato folks like myself.

Just finished three days riding the Coast Highway on my Duc and did not see a cop anywhere. The only thing they can get me for is speeding or passing on a double yellow. Oh and I did it while all the "normal" wage slaves and Government cogs ground away in their cubicles.

I won't ride a duck (you had a spelling error there).

They tend to steer off into ponds.

But I do agree with you!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ok I agree with your rant....and I see areas of my country going the same way.

What if we collectively helped out the losers in our community...seriously and no metaphors.

When we take care of the little things in sight we make a very real difference in our immediate surroundings on a very personal level, the lasting change being the best it's generational.

Folks don't need a watch dog when they are doing the right stuff.....or more importantly when we care for what's being spit out the machine...effectively cleaning up the sight we don't see the machine return to watch....it's looking for positive change because it's invested in it.....or is it?

Cheers soggy Rabbit

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

A good point.

they instill fear because. . . . they are afraid of us!

*boo*

link   

shaneslaughta

beezzer

I got B-7.

Crap, you sunk my battle ship.

Haha...even in fear there is comedy.

link   

Rikku

i wont do it because someone in charge is supposed to do it.
i know they wont do it, but im playing metal gear,so someone else will complain.

But it that the truth or a conditioned response?

People are a product of their environment.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Treespeaker
reply to post by beezzer

What if we collectively helped out the losers in our community...seriously and no metaphors.

When we take care of the little things in sight we make a very real difference in our immediate surroundings on a very personal level, the lasting change being the best it's generational.

Folks don't need a watch dog when they are doing the right stuff.....or more importantly when we care for what's being spit out the machine...effectively cleaning up the sight we don't see the machine return to watch....it's looking for positive change because it's invested in it.....or is it?

Cheers soggy Rabbit

We need to take care of each other. We don't need government if we all just chip in, we don't need laws to force us to pay more in taxes for the needy, if we simply take care of the needy ourselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm going to say it again.

I refuse to be afraid anymore.

Well I'm afraid that I'm not afraid of any government sponsored bull-pucky.

Living in America is like watching huge herds of sheep being stampeded off cliffs by a few wolves screaming "Wolf!"

Never listen to wolves.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

beezzer

A good point.

*boo*

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! They have to remain in control at all times.

Or they will not be respected and be over run.
I-80!!! Dang..that number is not on bingo card..

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ahem...!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

beezzer

Treespeaker
reply to post by beezzer

Cheers soggy Rabbit

We need to take care of each other. We don't need government if we all just chip in, we don't need laws to force us to pay more in taxes for the needy, if we simply take care of the needy ourselves.

Yes! But without the public the government would not get revenue to run...they need us more than we need them...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by beezzer

I'm going to say it again.

I refuse to be afraid anymore.

Well I'm afraid that I'm not afraid of any government sponsored bull-pucky.

Living in America is like watching huge herds of sheep being stampeded off cliffs by a few wolves screaming "Wolf!"

Never listen to wolves.

I'm afraid that your fearlessness on being afraid might scare me, if you were a vampire.

But nice analogy!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Bigburgh

beezzer

A good point.

*boo*

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! They have to remain in control at all times.

Or they will not be respected and be over run.
I-80!!! Dang..that number is not on bingo card..

I-80?

Miss Scarlett in the Living Room with a lead pipe!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Bigburgh

beezzer

Treespeaker
reply to post by beezzer

Cheers soggy Rabbit

Yes! But without the public the government would not get revenue to run...they need us more than we need them...

That should make THEM very afraid!

link   

Rikku
who is 'they'?
haven't you already lost the argument, when you have to refer to your opposition as 'they?
call them sily names like tptb or the illuminati.

you dont even know who your enemy is?

I think they is a blanket term for anyone who seeks to control another.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just find a place to make your stand, ......... and..........

That's my strategy. On a related note, I can't say I'm afraid of them anymore, but still have a slight discomfort with clowns and creepy dolls. ... and paintings of George Washington. ... and mimes.

It's a process.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Klassified
Ahem...!

Sorry officer.

It will happen again.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

beezzer

Trueman
reply to post by beezzer

To be afraid of terrorists is loosing efficiency, soon it will be like to be afraid of nazis. We'll end up just sick of them and they will burnout soon.

They are about to come out with a new "enemy", but still the same game since who know when. Works like a charm.

Next alleged enemy they will present to us will come from outer space, nothing too fancy...., a big rock maybe.

Then induced people, AKA sheeple will start saying "United we'll stand...".

Media will show dramatic images and Hollywood will have their version.

I don't care if it is alien, cigarette-smoking, meat-eating, fur-wearing, gas-passing ninja zombies from the planet Phlegm.

I refuse to be afraid.

You are already afraid to be afraid.

it's unavoidable to experience fear. Just think about your loved ones and possible difficult situations.

Fear is a survival mechanism. Fear is your friend, panic is the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join