It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empirical Evidence that Flu Shots are BAD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just returned from taking my daughter's friend home. She was going to spend the weekend, but yesterday she and her twin brother received flu shots because their mother wanted them to be safe from the flu this winter. Well, needless to say these two very athletic and healthy sixteen year-old siblings were both experiencing stomach issues that caused them to vomit and have elevated temperatures. They are both weak, in bed and completely miserable.

I KNOW it isn't proof that the flu shots caused these usually healthy young adults to suddenly be violently ill, but to me this is just more empirical evidence to support what I already believe..that these flu shots cause people to become ill on far too many occasions. I believe the flu shots do more harm than good.

I am not condemning every preventative shot. Obviously, I will risk having a reaction to avoid polio or something of that nature, but to just avoid the flu I will take my chances.

How do you feel, ATS?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Never had a flu shot in my life, never will. What kind of idiot gets themselves infected with last years strain?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

My kid got his flu shot in early November i wonder if these kids got it too late as flu season is allready on, it takes couple weeks to get immunity after flu shot. They might have real flu.

My kid is well and been healthy while in his class there has been 5 to 6 kids in flu, next week flu season is supposed to be in its strongest here.

I live in Scandinavia so im not sure do you get same shots as we do here.

reply to post by Mamatus

It´s not last years strain at least not here. They observe the viruses during the fall, which viruses most likely will be the strongerst canditates to seasonal flu will be in the vaccine.
edit on 17-1-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sounds like they got the flu, which is exactly the point of the flu shot.
I wouldn't count that as empirical evidence.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Had a flu shot every year for the last 18/20 years...the one time I did not get one I got flu.
Flu shots save lives old and young alike.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Evening,

You don't need a flu shot if you take cod liver or harp seal oil supplements regularly.
I personally have worked around two flu "outbreaks" this winter while working at the figurative ground zero and barely suffered a few days of runny nose and maybe two days of raw throat or coughs for all of it. No aches...no fever...no nausea...no incapacitation...no stuffed sinus...hardly any discomfort or fatigue. Some say echinacea but IMO you can't beat a classic. Big Pharma can stick their flu shot up their keisters as far as I am concerned.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So your "empirical evidence" is anecdotal. At least my evidence uses a sample of about 300 people. As I've mentioned before I work in a pharmacy. This flu season we did 326 flu shots. Of these most were done in October (168 I think). The least were done in December. In contrast we had 2 prescriptions for Tamiflu whereas we had our most scripts for Tamiflu in December. So if the flu shot causes the flu why does there seem to be an inverse relationship between flu shots and Tamiflu scripts?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Mamatus

Never had a flu shot in my life, never will. What kind of idiot gets themselves infected with last years strain?

Not this idiot-- the one time I got a flu shot, I came down with a horrid case of the flu. That was back in the late 80's. Haven't had one since, and haven't had the flu since either. (And I have been working in public schools all the while... with outbreaks so severe sometimes, that our district office contemplated closing schools until the outbreak subsided. Also, it was posed that we could work flu-days into the school calendar, just as snow days are built in.

Those plans never came to pass, but there continue to be outbreaks. Would love to read the stats on flu shot recipients vs. non-recipients, in regards to contracting the flu.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No, it is empirical evidence that 2 teenagers got the flu. It does provide 2 data points with which a statistician can compute a c

oefficient of correlation. Now you can plug all the data into the formula which is found at www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&s ource=univ&sa=X&ei=DMjZUpX3OLbKsQSSnYAo&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=666.

You will find that the correlation, given the limited sample pool, is negligible.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Had a flu shot every year for the last 18/20 years...the one time I did not get one I got flu.

I've never seen any evidence that the flu vaccine saves lives.
My opinion is that it is a good little earner for GP's and the companies that produce the vaccine.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't need anything empirical for this. got a flu shot for this flu season and just keep getting sick. have been out in public way less, have been to medcal facilities way less. have been outside way more, out in the fresh air. but never getting a flu shot again. but now that everybodies doctor lives at 1600 Penn? they're probably putting that stuff on our McNuggets, and we don't even know it ! Guess i'll have to start making my own McNuggets! Anybody know how much a McNugget hunting license cost these days ?
Also, allowing the "medical professionals" and i used that term VERY LIGHTLY, to produce a "vaccine" for general public consumption in tha can be delivered via oral administraion, probably not so smart huh ? Also how much do you trust people like General Dempsey and that vile, evil waste of human flesh, Sebelius ! ?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Of course they do with the elderly, I used to work with old folk and they are all asked If they want a jab all of them one year said yes but one refused she got the flu and died.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's normal to get a little sick after flu shots

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

An anecdote, even with a sample size of two, is not "empirical evidence" in any meaningful sense.

I've never, ever known anyone to get sick in the days immediately following a flu shot, and I've known a lot of people who get the flu shot every year, year after year. My anecdote is bigger than yours. (But still an anecdote.)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes but that`s not proof that the vaccine saves lives.
People have had the flu jab and died but that doesn't prove it kills people.

I just don't think there`s enough....if any... evidence for any faith in the vaccine.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I had a flu shot completely destroy my shoulder... it caused Parsonage-Turner syndrome that took a full year to even partially recover from... and I still required surgery to fix the mess. No thank you, never again...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I haven't had one in years. I am not anti-vax as many vaccines are good, but I have only had the flu a few times and can't remember when the last time was.

That said a healthy 33 year old friend of mine died yesterday from the flu here in Kentucky. Has me considering the shot.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I kept on getting hangovers every time I drank so I decided to perform a little experiment to garner some empirical evidence.

Week 1: Whisky plus soda x 10. Result=hangover
Week 2: Gin plus soda x 10. Result=hangover
Week 3: Rum plus soda x 10. Result=hangover
Week 4: Vodka plus soda x 10. Result=hangover

Conclusion based upon the above results is conclusive in showing soda causes hangovers.
Q.E.D.

What was that you say?
Correlation doesn't imply causation?
And the word "empirical" is used incorrectly by the OP?

You don't say...

edit on 18/1/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

boymonkey74

iv'e never had a flu shot in 50 years, got the flu once in 50 years, not getting the flu shot saves lives.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Your body has to react to a vaccination in order to produce an immune response. That reaction includes flu symptoms, regardless if it is a dead or live vaccine.

However, getting the shot is shooting dice, as they monkey around with last season's bugs hoping they will produce a virus similar to the current mutation.

I would prefer to take my chances by avoiding infection or riding out the current flu strain after contracting it naturally. Getting sick keeps your immune system "up to date" so to speak. If I were a lot older, I would get vaccinated to keep my immune system working and healthy.

edit on 18-1-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join