It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer executed with new lethal drug combo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Lysergic
reply to post by Kryties

no, it's a buzzword you use to get out of situations.

Don't try to play me.

Play you? Huh?

Oh wait, I get it. It is yet another trick in the arsenal of tricks that advocates of the death penalty use in order to try to discredit people who don't agree wholeheartedly with them.

Poor form.

P.S. I thought you were finished talking with me?

Lysergic
I can see this will be a circle with you so I'll end it here man.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Why don't they use carbon monoxide? People die of that every year from improper ventilation. From what little I know, it's like going to sleep and never waking up. That sounds painless AND inexpensive.

That's how the Nazis dispatched the mentally ill and Jews before the more 'efficient' Zyklon B.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Another form of execution:

Two bullets to the back of the head.

Probably painless, least expensive and effective.
edit on 18-1-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Why two?

That seems like overkill (er, if you pardon the pun); also rather wasteful.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Kryties
Are you looking for justice or vengeance?

If it had been my wife and unborn child that were brutally murdered I can tell you that I'd want both.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Lipton

Kryties
Are you looking for justice or vengeance?

If it had been my wife and unborn child that were brutally murdered I can tell you that I'd want both.

Then that makes you no better than the man being executed.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

wlasikiewicz
reply to post by schuyler

I totally understand but even death row inmates have Human Rights.

Do the people that they murder have the same human rights?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What people forget is no one is evil nor good all the time. A murderer can go on and do very good things after he has served his time or If in jail for life do good for others inside. This is why we try and rehabilitate them.
I know a chap at work who murdered someone when he was 18 and served 20 years for it, he spends all the time he has trying to make up for it and he told me nothing he will do will bring his victim back but at least he can try to do some good in his life. He still feels the guilt of what he has done but has turned his life around and dedicated it to do good for others.
The death penalty is not justice it is revenge.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

hellobruce

Do we, as human beings, have to sink to the murderers level in order to feel as if some form of justice has been done?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Kryties

hellobruce

Do we, as human beings, have to sink to the murderers level in order to feel as if some form of justice has been done?

It seemed such a simple question, but it appears the answer (according to some people) is NO!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
No, theres no better alternative, only vegeance and death will suffice to appease the masses.

Give them what they please.

(the kings order)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Kryties

I really don't care. I'd do it long and slow. The difference between me murdering out of revenge and someone murdering in conjunction with rape is the likelihood of me being a repeat offender is markedly less.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

schuyler
I wonder if Joy Stewart, who was pregnant at the time McGuire raped and stabbed her to death, had a humane death?

Todd Willingham is enough for me to not really care. It is horrible that someone gets brutally murdered. Barbarism on the part of the state (sanctioned by its citizens) is not really the answer, now is it?

We have a hell of a lot of prisons beds filled with people who do not belong in prison. Consequently, we have a hell of a lot of child rapists living in society, registered as sex offenders and reviled by all who know about them.

It seems to me our entire system is just so far beyond illogical that it surpasses even "stupid". Just because the notion of the death penalty is supported via the fallacy of mob mentality (we validate it by agreeing that it "is a grim necessity", despite that not being true) does not make it "justice" in any sort of way. It is a continuation of barbaric primate behavior, validated by a majority of "reasonable people" believing it to be just. But when you make a mistake, like in the case of Mr. Willingham....it negates the value of any justice that could ever possibly be served. Just read his story and think about the hell that his life was. The agonizing torment that he endured. That is what we condone with the death penalty.

If we are going to release people into the public and then have to track them via website registry, we shouldn't be releasing them. Seems like there are plenty of beds to never execute another person, and to house all the perverts that society doesn't want around. Instead, we fill those beds with potheads, hot check writers, and illegal immigrants.

I wholly condemn what the State of Ohio did here. Not just for how excessively barbaric the act was, but because it was barbaric in the first place. Killing....that is something that when done should be defensive, not premediated. Even if you have a government backing you.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Lipton

Kryties

I really don't care. I'd do it long and slow. The difference between me murdering out of revenge and someone murdering in conjunction with rape is the likelihood of me being a repeat offender is markedly less.

You may wish to get yourself checked out by a psychologist mate, you honestly sound like a psycho.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join