It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer executed with new lethal drug combo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Types of Executions

The guillotine– It was observed that after decapitation, the head would stay alive for several minutes with mouth opening and closing and eye movement.

Hanging – Doesn’t always work, where the body hangs until the executed succumbs to asphyxiation. Sometimes the head comes off. Can be messy.

Firing squad – Death isn’t usually instantaneous and very painful for the executed. More than one shot is sometimes required.

Electrocution – The brain and eyes literally boil in the head. One can only guess what the executed is experiencing.

Gas Chamber – A couple of breaths and the executed quickly succumbs.

Lethal injection – Seems expensive but humane.

Out of all these forms of execution, I would say gas chamber is the best to use because its a proven method, humane and least expensive.
edit on 17-1-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

That was a perfect response. It's not about feeling sorry for the person. It's about the idea that people are guaranteed these rights, and we need to honor that, regardless of how we feel about their actions.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Basically it is all about controling Your own feelings. Strength is to hold back and not to give in to Your anger. That is the difference between life and Death in some cases. It was the same for the guy who killed this girl.

We make justifications based on how we feel. We think that if one life is taken, we can justify that it is all good to take the killers life. It will never solve anything accepty how you feel. But there are other ways to deal With how you feel besids killing.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am sorry but I am not from the US so I do not know your constitution "and death shall not be by cruel and unusual punishment" Amendment 8 you say? If what you said is part of the 8th Amendment than I am sure that the victim and her surviving family is/was subject to that. Where is their/her rights in this scenario?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

dcaridi

That was a perfect response. It's not about feeling sorry for the person. It's about the idea that people are guaranteed these rights, and we need to honor that, regardless of how we feel about their actions.

Wrong, I am sure in this case without a shadow of a doubt that they had the right guy. Put yourself in her shoes. Did you wake up that morning, knowing you were with child and that before the day was done you would be dead? Your family would be devastated and your brother-in-law would be implicated in your death by the monster that murdered you.

So you would rather that someone who is deviated to the core sit in jail, on your money and think about what he did and why he did it? I am sure he did, every day since his conviction, thinking about the torture and pain he inflicted on his victim and thinking about the next person he would do the same. Some people should never have been born.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Some people should not have been born? Well take that up with your god then when you see them.

Bottom line is, if it's wrong for an individual to take a life, then it's wrong for the government to do as well. If I want an enemy dead, tough #, hiring a hitman is illegal. Doing it myself is illegal, not to mention the whole conscious issues involved. If the government wants an enemy dead, suddenly it's alright for us to go maim and kill on their behalf, for their agendas. The blood is never on their hands. It's OK for the state to deem you an enemy of the country, or the citizens and kill you. It's insane hypocrisy, and ass backward thinking in my book. I say if a judge and jury wants to hand down the death penalty, then that judge and jury should be the firing squad. Make people think about it a bit then maybe.

I was wronged by the banks in my opinion. That doesn't make me feel justified in going and robbing the bank. That would make me scummy trash just like them. What would be the point of that, could I look at myself in the mirror after that?
edit on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:22:43 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If he hadn't raped and sodomized and killed a pregnant woman in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? He made a choice and he suffered the consequences and honestly, a sedative and some pain killers was probably a much more peaceful way to go then his victim did. There are people who suffer worse from cancer and illness who can't get those kinds of pain killers, I figure he had it easy.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hydromorphone is basically Heroin.
Midazolam is a strong benzodiazepine than you get before surgery to eliminate anxiety.
I'm sure he was in 'heaven' before he died.
Pretty pleasurable exit I would imagine

the inhalation of nitrogen, causes no discomfort , displacing the oxygen in your blood, a very humane 'exit strategy.'
Also very cheep.

edit on 18-1-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
They should've just stabbed him and left him to die.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

schuyler
I wonder if Joy Stewart, who was pregnant at the time McGuire raped and stabbed her to death, had a humane death?

I wonder at what point did some humans decide that it was right to torture someone to death in retaliation for whatever crime they committed? You speak of the torture of the woman who was murdered as being a terrible thing yet you advocate doing the same to the perpetrator?

I'm confused. Are you looking for justice or vengeance? Why do you advocate the murderer get the same treatment that he dealt out? Are you secretly a murderer living vicariously through another?

Either that or you're just a plain ol' hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Kryties

schuyler
I wonder if Joy Stewart, who was pregnant at the time McGuire raped and stabbed her to death, had a humane death?

I wonder at what point did some humans decide that it was right to torture someone to death in retaliation for whatever crime they committed? You speak of the torture of the woman who was murdered as being a terrible thing yet you advocate doing the same to the perpetrator?

I'm confused. Are you looking for justice or vengeance? Why do you advocate the murderer get the same treatment that he dealt out? Are you secretly a murderer living vicariously through another?

Either that or you're just a plain ol' hypocrite.

I bet if that was your loved one, you'd type a different tune eh?

Explain to me why we should be kind to murderers or keep them around whats the benefit? Not like he killed another man over a disagreement or was attacked first. He's a predator, you wanna keep those types around? Whats the humane thing to do? Lock him up in a cage like an animal at a zoo? Then we can sit around and pat ourselves on the back? Look at us, look how humane we are.

Please.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When I first read about this after it happened, the first thing I thought was, "Wow, a firing squad would be much faster." And then yesterday, I see this on Twitter: Some states look at reviving firing squads amid shortage of execution drugs

Missouri state Rep. Rick Brattin, a Republican representing Harrisonville, introduced legislation Friday (.pdf) that would add five-person firing squads as an alternative to the state's current method of capital punishment, lethal injection.

Looks like Oklahoma is the only state to still have that option:

Utah is set to execute a convicted killer by firing squad in June after a judge agreed Friday to the inmate's request for the method
Link

Quite a middle finger way of going out, lol.

All that aside, when it comes to capital punishment, i am always reminded of Albert Camus' Reflections on the Guillotine

reply to post by BuzzCory

And Camus pretty much addressed some of what you stated in your post, about the prospect of impending death itself, and when you're finally "taken" to be executed.

edit on 18-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Lysergic

I bet if that was your loved one, you'd type a different tune eh?

You would lose that bet. I abhore the death penalty.

Explain to me why we should be kind to murderers or keep them around whats the benefit? Not like he killed another man over a disagreement or was attacked first. He's a predator, you wanna keep those types around? Whats the humane thing to do? Lock him up in a cage like an animal at a zoo? Then we can sit around and pat ourselves on the back? Look at us, look how humane we are.

Please.

Because to execute them would be to lower myself to their same level. It is nothing more than complete hypocrisy to claim that it is right to murder someone because they murdered someone. I really don't care about anyones excuses or hypocritical reasoning - to me they are simply justifying their own blood-lust and desire to see suffering and death.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

TBH gas chamber and lethal injections are far from humane.

Lethal Injection your body is paralyzed then cramps all the way up to your heart then you die.

Gas chamber, its like a mixture of crystals and some crap under the seat that produces the gas to kill you, vomit and puking is common, you have to vacuum the gas out of their lungs so that it doesn't get to the coroner.

someone mention replaces nitrogen with oxygen, thats probably the uhhh... easiest way to kill some one, they think they are having a good time right up til the end.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thats cool if that's how you want to twist it.

Currently we incorporate the death penalty, so to the would be idiots out there, be wise, or at least go kill folks in states with no death penalty, that way you can rid the system far into retirement age, and we can all sit around and feel good about ourselves and our level of humane treatment to other humans by locking them in cages for the rest of their natural lives.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Lysergic
reply to post by Kryties

Thats cool if that's how you want to twist it.

I'm not twisting anything. I'm afraid that it is YOU and other advocates of the death penalty that twist the facts to suit your own lust for blood.

Currently we incorporate the death penalty, so to the would be idiots out there, be wise, or at least go kill folks in states with no death penalty, that way you can rid the system far into retirement age, and we can all sit around and feel good about ourselves and our level of humane treatment to other humans by locking them in cages for the rest of their natural lives.

Nice twist. You clearly put a lot of thought into that, it's actually scary to see the lengths some people will go to in order to justify their innermost desire to see vengeance, in the form of blood, acted out on others.
edit on 18/1/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I love how you throw blood lust in there, like thats the only buzzword in your arsenal.

You use it as if you know me, failsy tactic.

Blood lust, rich. Yet putting someone in prison is a humane thing?

I can see this will be a circle with you so I'll end it here man.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Lysergic
reply to post by Kryties

I love how you throw blood lust in there, like thats the only buzzword in your arsenal.

You use it as if you know me, failsy tactic.

I use the term only because it is true. Sorry to cloud the argument with facts but there it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

eManym
Types of Executions

The guillotine– It was observed that after decapitation, the head would stay alive for several minutes with mouth opening and closing and eye movement.

Hanging – Doesn’t always work, where the body hangs until the executed succumbs to asphyxiation. Sometimes the head comes off. Can be messy.

Firing squad – Death isn’t usually instantaneous and very painful for the executed. More than one shot is sometimes required.

Electrocution – The brain and eyes literally boil in the head. One can only guess what the executed is experiencing.

Gas Chamber – A couple of breaths and the executed quickly succumbs.

Lethal injection – Seems expensive but humane.

Out of all these forms of execution, I would say gas chamber is the best to use because its a proven method, humane and least expensive.
edit on 17-1-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

All are too complex. We really overcomplicate it.

Why not either give a huge morphine overdose.

Or put them under general Anaesthesia in which case you can give them a huge morphine OD, Gas them or even hit them in the head with a hammer as they wont feel anything as they will be out stone cold.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

no, it's a buzzword you use to get out of situations.

Don't try to play me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join