It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer executed with new lethal drug combo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, that didn't take long:

Family of Ohio killer executed with untested drug mix plans to file lawsuit

The family of the Ohio man executed with a new lethal mixture of drugs on Thursday is pursuing a lawsuit to assure that other death row inmates do not experience the same unusual execution circumstances he did, the family and their attorney said Friday.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Why don't they use carbon monoxide? People die of that every year from improper ventilation. From what little I know, it's like going to sleep and never waking up. That sounds painless AND inexpensive.

Im sure the CIA could give a pretty good deal on some heroin

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

o u

I was given midazolam when i was having an endoscopy, the doctor described it as "the champagne" of anaesthetics. It lived up to that promise. I wonder why the chose to use it.
Similarly to a lot of people on this thread, i cannot come to terms with the death penalty, i dont think taking a life can ever be justified, HOWEVER, i am in favour of the crime fitting the punishment or maybe being stuck in a pit being fed gruel for the rest of their lives.
But, it is a cultural thing, it normal in certain states of America however it Britain many find it abhorrant.
If someone did something terrible to my children, initially, i think id want to kill them, however, actually, I would like them to spend every single moment of the rest of theyre lives in agony.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

schuyler
I wonder if Joy Stewart, who was pregnant at the time McGuire raped and stabbed her to death, had a humane death?

No she did not, but that does not excuse the State from what amounts to torture in sentencing an inmate to death.

The real truth here is that not all inmates who die on death row are actually guilty. Our system does not always get it right, like it or not, but it is the best we got right now. I do not have much sympathy for this particular inmate, but no one should be tortured to death regardless. For all the complaining we see on these boards about people's rights- it means very little if we refuse to protect the rights of our societies worst offenders.

boymonkey74
I find the death penalty just wrong and so old testament eye for an eye BS. He got the easy way out he should have spent the rest of his time in prison thinking about what he did for the rest of his life.
If I had to pick a way to go it would be fired up on a massive rocket towards the sun.

At what cost? Why should taxpayers be forced to pay for a person like this to sit in jail for the rest of his life, "thinking about what he did"? There is nothing to think about, he knows what he did. What makes you even think that he would think about it much at all? I can tell what he would think about.... what he could have done differently to not get caught. Sorry but that is not worth the cost to me.

A rocket towards the sun? Gee, how much do you think that would cost? Who would pay for that?

Sorry but if someone is convicted to die, I am in favor of the old fashioned way...... firing squad. It is cheap, it is fast, it is relatively painless. I make no apologies for the fact that I support the death penalty. Not only do I support it, I believe it should be expanded to include child molesters.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

First off no sympathy for this guy.

What worries me is the idea that doctors don't seem to have a clue how to put a human down. if anyone has ever had a pet put down it takes about two or three minutes with no reaction at all.

I have seen people OD with morphine and there is no reaction, just out and death, hell Kevorkian had it down pat on euthanizing people so why is it always an experiment with the prison system ?

edit on 17-1-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Why don't they use carbon monoxide? People die of that every year from improper ventilation. From what little I know, it's like going to sleep and never waking up. That sounds painless AND inexpensive.

That's a heck of an idea...

Have "pipes" or "tubes" running from a secure and enclosed chamber to the outside of the
building, hooked up to the tail pipes of vehicles.

The victims family members get to get behind the wheel of the vehicles and "rev" the
engines until it's done.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Nitrogen better. You get high then just blackout and die.

But a Morphine overdose would do it.

Dunno why they have to go through the whole song and dance of a multi drug combo.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The question of Capital Punishment confuses me.

I find it hypocritical to say the least that we deem killing wrong so because someone has killed someone they must in turn be killed - there's a basic flaw in the reasoning.
That it is then turned into some sort of spectator sport is quite disturbing.
That its not done as quickly and efficiently as possible is somewhat barbaric.

But here we have my quandary;

If someone killed a member of my family or even a close friend I know for a fact I would want to hunt down the person responsible and try to kill him / her myself - we are what we are and I don't think any amount of reasoning would stop me from wanting and trying to do so.
If that was not possible I would want to see that person severely punished.
Would Capital Punishment appease my sense of revenge? - I honestly don't think so; I'd want to do it myself or see the person responsible suffer immeasurably for as long as possible.

How do I reconcile the two?
I sincerely hope I'm never in the position to have to find out.

If State executions are to be permitted then I think the French got it right all those years ago - the guillotine, its very quick and efficient.
edit on 17/1/14 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Dont worry, I dont think he was serious with the rocket sun thing, call it the British sense of humour.
I have to question your comment about giving the death sentence not only to murderers but to child molesters. I ask you this then, facing the threat of a death penalty why would a child molester not become a child killer, what is there to lose if theyre caught?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

where did i say i was christian?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm no fan of the death penalty, and don't really want to get into an exchange on that topic.

There is something I've always wondered about the process, though. It seems to be so barbaric. I guess I'm just ignorant, but why does it take so long, and require so many steps, to put someone down? Aren't there more effective, and fast acting, agents to use? Why does it take a matter of minutes, and not just a second or 2, to induce death?

That Ohio incedent seems downright savage to me on the state's part...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I personally think the French had it right with the Guillotine. Complete severing of the brain from the body and instant death, for all intents and purposes, and a lot quicker for those involved. Good result.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Personally, it disgusts me that any sympathy if felt for this guy. As for his child, what the hell is he doing in there. How does that mother-son conversation go, "ok, let's go watch daddy die."

I think that the state should try to have a humane death, but if something goes wrong, oh well. This son of a #?@@'* raped and killed a pregnant woman. He got off easy. As for a lawsuit, that's fine so long as her family can sue him. Who's fighting for the victims right.

If you feel yourself feeling sorry for this guy, picture your wife or daughter the victim and then see how you feel.

My two cents

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

A LAWSUIT!!!

Why?

He was laying down all doped up and still was able to sit up and tell his family he loved them.

Meanwhile, his victim wasn't able to do the same.

I'm sure had she known it was going to be her last moment before being brutally stabbed to death that saying 'I love you' to them would have been her last request eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

i couldn't have put that better myself. absolutely agree with you 100%

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Execution is murder and those who support this are not going higher.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't know what to say here, I am disgusted that some would actually feel sorry for this monster? He even tried to frame his own brother-in-law for the crime he did. I wonder how this monster carried himself though this life, how did he find a wife, how did he treat his son? But the worst part is people taking his side and not thinking that this barbarian deserved to die. He probably fought his death because before he died, he had a glimpse of where he was going and it probably wasn't pretty. His slow and somewhat cruel death as it is being called is nothing compared to what he is facing now.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

whatnext21
I don't know what to say here, I am disgusted that some would actually feel sorry for this monster? He even tried to frame his own brother-in-law for the crime he did. I wonder how this monster carried himself though this life, how did he find a wife, how did he treat his son? But the worst part is people taking his side and not thinking that this barbarian deserved to die. He probably fought his death because before he died, he had a glimpse of where he was going and it probably wasn't pretty. His slow and somewhat cruel death as it is being called is nothing compared to what he is facing now.

I haven't seen anyone saying they feel sorry for this monster. I think what you are seeing is people who are concerned that yet another constitutional right is being skirted around and/or outright ignored. You know, the 8th Amendment:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I mean, you are either a fan of the constitution or you are not. We should all stand on the side of the Constitutional rights, even if those rights protect someone that you believe doesn't deserve it. I could care less about this scumbag, but god forbid that any one of us ever get wrongly convicted and sent to death row...oh, what a joy it will be for me to gasp for breath for 19 minutes as I sit there and die while thinking about how innocent I am.
edit on 17-1-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

whatnext21
I don't know what to say here, I am disgusted that some would actually feel sorry for this monster? He even tried to frame his own brother-in-law for thsore crime he did. I wonder how this monster carried himself though this life, how did he find a wife, how did he treat his son? But the worst part is people taking his side and not thinking that this barbarian deserved to die. He probably fought his death because before he died, he had a glimpse of where he was going and it probably wasn't pretty. His slow and somewhat cruel death as it is being called i whes nothing compared to what he is facing now.

Where did anyone say they felt sorry for him? I dont, i just dont agree with capital punishkment. I think a lot of people would see him die in a hole in the ground, hbow is this feeling sorry for someone?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Unity_99
Execution is murder and those who support this are not going higher.

Its not often i agree with Unity_99 but this comment hits the nail on the head

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join