It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Unidentified Fireball Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe parts from this asteroid that passed the Earth ..?

The rock, named 2013 YP139, is approximately 27 million miles away from Earth and is estimated to be 0.4 miles in diameter. It's infrared signature suggests the asteroid is extremely dark, like a piece of coal.

The telegraph

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

facelift

Jay-morris

facelift

wlasikiewicz
reply to post by JimOberg

Sorry to say but that is NO UFO, its just a Meteor.

Fail...

You are the only one mentioning "UFO's".

Er, this is a ufo forum, is it not?

Er, where would you have Jim place this thread..? In Rant..?

It's an unidentified something, but the OP never used the term UFO. So, there was no need to state that it's not a UFO...hasty debunking is just as bad as zealous belief.

Or your lack of critical thinking skills see it otherwise..?

Sigh

Did you actually click on the link? Did you read the headline? If you did, then you would know that the post you were moaning about is justified.

Critical thinking! Its funny that alot of people who throw those words out, dont even use it

As for the video. Cool video! Thats the thing about having cameras everywhere. You get to see amazing stuff like this

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Foundryman
Going to the Op's link, I find this headline on the right"

Mystery blast at Kuwait building blamed on Djinn
Paper says no traces of blast or fire and it could be act of jinn

What kind of website is this? Is this the Saudi version of the Weekly World News?

But back on topic. Looks like a meteor to me. Somehow I get the feeling that the ISON comet debris people will be using this as "proof". Didn't they say something about 1/15 or so?

Believe it or not, the Islamic world takes the Djinn thing quite seriously. Even at high levels - one of the major figures (I can't remember his name off hand) in the Pakistani nuclear program wrote a book about harnessing them for power production.

In my view, these events are PRECISELY of value to 'UFO studies' because they create a serendipitous 'control experiment' of eyewitness stimuli -- and SOME satellite reentries create SPECTACULAR 'UFO' reports, allowing serious students to better calibrate their instruments -- eyewitness testimony.

I'm in agreement with Jim. Its quite remarkable how people can perceive reentering debris, and a better understanding of this lets you weedle out the interesting stuff from the false identifications.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Jim,
why did you post this in UFO section if you knew that it was predicted satellite re-entry?

"This was a satellite re-entry that was predicted," NBC News space analyst James Oberg said in an email. "The object was a rocket body from the Chinese communications satellite Chinasat 9, launched in 2008. It is amazing how bright the fragments can be, and when they fly horizontally and 'in formation,' they often fool people — especially pilots — into imagining they are lighted windows in aircraft, spacecraft, or even UFOs."

NBC

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

JimOberg
I'm advised this is the object's license number:

33052/2008-028B, CZ-3B Rocket Body –
was used to launch the GEO satellite Chinasat 9 in 2008

In my view, these events are PRECISELY of value to 'UFO studies' because they create a serendipitous 'control experiment' of eyewitness stimuli -- and SOME satellite reentries create SPECTACULAR 'UFO' reports, allowing serius students to better calibrate their instruments -- eyewitness testimony.

Here's a major analysis just finished by Ted Molczan along those very lines.

satobs.org...

edit on 17-1-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

Well said Jim. I operate an automated meteor camera for similar reasons with respect to the UFO phenomena.

edit on 17-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Jim,
why did you post this in UFO section if you knew that it was predicted satellite re-entry?

I didn't find the prediction until after the first report appeared -- I was distracted.

These kinds of breaking stories require information, even partial insights, to be shared quickly so raw reports can be collected before everybody catches up and modifies there versions to get consistent. The very first and rawest reports certainly can include errors, but they also can include fresh impressions that need to be preserved.

As Molczan's study shows, these kinds of apparitions are eloquent testimonials to essential truths about eyewitness perceptions, that must be better understood by the UFO community if any significant progress in filtering and focusing on 'best cases' has any hope of being productive -- IMHO.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I dunno... all the hyperbolic force shield projectors I've seen installed on flying saucers have been more than a little noisy.

You're showing your age. There was a problem with the OLD HFSP's made by Ford which gave it a a deep throaty sound. Nowadays, they run as smooth as a babies bottom.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by draknoir2

I dunno... all the hyperbolic force shield projectors I've seen installed on flying saucers have been more than a little noisy.

You're showing your age. There was a problem with the OLD HFSP's made by Ford which gave it a a deep throaty sound. Nowadays, they run as smooth as a babies bottom.

Kids today with their skinny jeans and their music and their silent HFSP's... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join